By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How skilled at you at playing games?

Mike321 said:
I would like to think I'm above average but who knows.

Pretty much this. I think I'm good at single player games, but you can't really know if you're better than average there... As for multipalyer games, I've never really focused super hard on competetive gaming. The closest being Rocket League but even there I'd often play 1v4 vs top bots instead of playing online matches. So I don't really have a metric to compare myself to.

Around the Network

It depends on the game, but for most games I'm below average.

I would say top 5%

Slightly above average at most genres, except fighting games... I'm terrible with them... I say this based on my multiplayer experience since SP is not really a good indicator most of the time.

I suck at games it seems. Im at bottom 30% in Overwatch and i cant aim worth shit in shooters anymore. I used to ruin peoples lives in COD 4 MW, kids would message me accusing me of hax cause of how much i destroyed their buttholes. Id average 3-7 helicopters a game on like 5 of the maps. Fast forward to now and my accuracy and tracking is like an autistic 10 year old having a tourettes attack while being mauled by a honey badger........its probably even worse to be honest. It fucking PISSES me off, then in games like Rogue Legacy where i need platforming skills, well yea, i apparently cant do that either. So to answer your triggering question, im pretty god awful

Around the Network

Oh my lord dont even get me started on fighting games or i might rage quit this thread.........FUCK IT IM OUT!!!!!

Ka-pi96 said:
I don't like using certain specific strategies every single time just because they're the "best", that's just boring. I much prefer just playing games whichever way I find the most fun, if that means that I'm not as good as others... so be it.

This is why I find frustration in team-based multiplayer games and quite often skip them.  I like to play how i like, regardless of how I'm "supposed" to play.

Anyways, I'd say I'm definitely above average on a lot of genres (but not all).  I was tempered on NES games, so I have that foundation of trial, error, and skill ingrained into my being.  And I'm absolutely a proponent of more difficult games.

kirby007 said:
I regulary beat Rol at mario kart wii

Holy shit!!

I consider myself below average.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

As for me, I'm not really anywhere near as good as I was in the NES and SNES era. I beat a laundry list of some of video gaming's legendary tough games.

Competition wise, I'm really only above average in Street Fighter and Titanfall 1.

I was in the top 30 True Achievements gamers in Georgia for 2016 but that's probably because I played a fuck ton of games, not because I did anything other gamers couldn't do.