By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NeoGAF in shambles (now back, no OT discussion, statement from Evilore)

jlauro said:
Lawlight said:

I think about 100 of us post regularly here.

Random stats of last 20 days:

+----------------------+----------+------------+
|                  286 |     1141 | 2017-10-22 |
|                  190 |      473 | 2017-10-21 |
|                  282 |     1028 | 2017-10-20 |
|                  325 |     1269 | 2017-10-19 |
|                  307 |      974 | 2017-10-18 |
|                  321 |     1227 | 2017-10-17 |
|                  276 |     1065 | 2017-10-16 |
|                  303 |     1054 | 2017-10-15 |
|                  242 |      816 | 2017-10-14 |
|                  276 |      945 | 2017-10-13 |
|                  285 |     1094 | 2017-10-12 |
|                  304 |     1439 | 2017-10-11 |
|                  282 |     1130 | 2017-10-10 |
|                  292 |     1169 | 2017-10-09 |
|                  251 |     1140 | 2017-10-08 |
|                  250 |      918 | 2017-10-07 |
|                  289 |     1129 | 2017-10-06 |
|                  314 |     1203 | 2017-10-05 |
|                  326 |     1541 | 2017-10-04 |
|                  274 |     1016 | 2017-10-03 |
Number of posters, and number of total posts for each day.
For each month this year:
+----------------------+----------+------+
|                  877 |    24199 |   10 |
|                  895 |    28366 |    9 |
|                  939 |    30213 |    8 |
|                  936 |    31156 |    7 |
|                 1075 |    51075 |    6 |
|                  999 |    35183 |    5 |
|                 1007 |    37544 |    4 |
|                 1050 |    41076 |    3 |
|                 1016 |    37880 |    2 |
|                 1144 |    61010 |    1 |
I like random stats...

Yeah, that does not invalidate what I said. How many of those posters post regularly? An average of 283.75 posters per day is hard to believe though.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

I've had my butt grabbed multiple times by women, biceps groped too uninvited. It happens I guess? I wouldn't go to where those women work and demand they be fired.

Double standards - they exist.

jlauro said:
Lawlight said:

I think about 100 of us post regularly here.

Random stats of last 20 days:

|                  286 |     1141 | 2017-10-22 |
|                  190 |      473 | 2017-10-21 |
|                  282 |     1028 | 2017-10-20 |
|                  325 |     1269 | 2017-10-19 |
|                  307 |      974 | 2017-10-18 |
|                  321 |     1227 | 2017-10-17 |
|                  276 |     1065 | 2017-10-16 |
|                  303 |     1054 | 2017-10-15 |
|                  242 |      816 | 2017-10-14 |
|                  276 |      945 | 2017-10-13 |
|                  285 |     1094 | 2017-10-12 |
|                  304 |     1439 | 2017-10-11 |
|                  282 |     1130 | 2017-10-10 |
|                  292 |     1169 | 2017-10-09 |
|                  251 |     1140 | 2017-10-08 |
|                  250 |      918 | 2017-10-07 |
|                  289 |     1129 | 2017-10-06 |
|                  314 |     1203 | 2017-10-05 |
|                  326 |     1541 | 2017-10-04 |
|                  274 |     1016 | 2017-10-03 |
Number of posters, and number of total posts for each day.
For each month this year:
|                  877 |    24199 |   10 |
|                  895 |    28366 |    9 |
|                  939 |    30213 |    8 |
|                  936 |    31156 |    7 |
|                 1075 |    51075 |    6 |
|                  999 |    35183 |    5 |
|                 1007 |    37544 |    4 |
|                 1050 |    41076 |    3 |
|                 1016 |    37880 |    2 |
|                 1144 |    61010 |    1 |
I like random stats...

I like how you can see stuff like Horizon/Zelda release, E3...

By the looks of it, October will actually end up being one of the most active months (especially with Mario releasing)

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

o_O.Q said:
monocle_layton said:

Modern uses of a word doesn't change it in any way. Christianity (and other religions) have known cases of being violent and bigoted, and changes experienced don't change the original message.

Feminism itself simply means equal rights for men and women. Look past the political bullshit. Do you think women shouldn't be treated like garbage? Then you support the #1 and original belief in feminism.

I never entered the discussion about whether women lack certain rights - Polygot did, not me.

I can explain the ideology perfectly fine. I think women always deserve to be given the same chances as me (excluding very few cases), and I'm sure you think similarly. Unless you don't believe in equal rights, then we're both feminists according to the Merriam-Webster definition.

I answered the question, and unlike most people I couldn't give less of a shit about the modern day whackos. I don't waste my time ranting about those 'stupid leftists' or the 'racist conservatives'. I'm not a child, and I'd prefer to discuss a topic without these fucking retarded terms being thrown around. 

Maybe some feminists are rapists or disgusting humans. Ok, what do I do? Should I be against healthcare if some healthcare supporters are terrible people? The original belief of feminism will always be the idea that both sexes should experience equality (or equity). I'm not here to debate whether women are truly equal in the western world or not. I never touched that topic.

"Feminism itself simply means equal rights for men and women. "

yes which is why i asked you to list rights that men have that women do not have

"Do you think women shouldn't be treated like garbage? "

who outside of a very very small amount of people seriously believe women should be treated like garbage?

i mean just stating something like that show you are not thinking rationally

"I think women always deserve to be given the same chances as me"

what chances are you reffering to?

"The original belief of feminism will always be the idea that both sexes should experience equality"

well i'll repeat that the idea that men and women can experience equality of outcomes in a free society is one of the most retarded ideas i've ever been exposed to

Equity, not equality. A women who's pregnant shouldn't be expected to work 70 hours just because I could. At the same time, a man taking care of 2 kids shouldn't be expected to work 65 hours because a single woman can.

You constantly keep going in a circle and saying 'well what inequalities'. That was never my fucking argument. You clearly stated you personally don't treat women like garbage and think they're clearly treated well. How does that negate feminism?

A movement is not supposed to constantly be changing for better or worse. If things seem fine, then there's nothing wrong with standing still for a short or permanent amount of time. How complicated is that? 

I'm thinking rationally, and instead of constantly going on about how I'm 'irrational', maybe you should stop repeating the same argument.

monocle_layton said:
o_O.Q said:

yes which is why i asked you to list rights that men have that women do not have

who outside of a very very small amount of people seriously believe women should be treated like garbage?

"The original belief of feminism will always be the idea that both sexes should experience equality"

well i'll repeat that the idea that men and women can experience equality of outcomes in a free society is one of the most retarded ideas i've ever been exposed to

Equity, not equality. A women who's pregnant shouldn't be expected to work 70 hours just because I could. At the same time, a man taking care of 2 kids shouldn't be expected to work 65 hours because a single woman can.

You constantly keep going in a circle and saying 'well what inequalities'. That was never my fucking argument. You clearly stated you personally don't treat women like garbage and think they're clearly treated well. How does that negate feminism?

A movement is not supposed to constantly be changing for better or worse. If things seem fine, then there's nothing wrong with standing still for a short or permanent amount of time. How complicated is that? 

I'm thinking rationally, and instead of constantly going on about how I'm 'irrational', maybe you should stop repeating the same argument.

"Equity, not equality."

i quoted your words directly and you typed equality with regards to rights twice and could not state any rights that men have that women lack

" A women who's pregnant shouldn't be expected to work 70 hours just because I could. At the same time, a man taking care of 2 kids shouldn't be expected to work 65 hours because a single woman can."

what a weird red herring but is your argument here? that companies should be forced to absorb the costs of the personal decisions their employees make?

"You constantly keep going in a circle and saying 'well what inequalities'. That was never my fucking argument."

so why did you state that its about equality with regards to rights twice?

"You clearly stated you personally don't treat women like garbage and think they're clearly treated well. How does that negate feminism?"

i actually did not, what i said is that its a weird argument to bring up because i don't think anyone being rational would try to state that a significant number of people think its ok to treat women like garbage

i didn't say that this negates feminism

"If things seem fine, then there's nothing wrong with standing still for a short or permanent amount of time. How complicated is that? "

what is your point here? are you trying to in some roundabout way admit that men and women have equal rights now?

"I'm thinking rationally, and instead of constantly going on about how I'm 'irrational'"

well all i can do is request that you look back at my questions and your replies to them and assess your responces for yourself

Around the Network

Edit: I've said before that it was poor wording on my part to constantly say everything was just "difference of opinion" in situations back during these years for general topics, but the issue with Neogaf (and now Resetera) went well above simple "politics". The disgusting stuff I was referring to was the amount of shitting on developers and trying to pressure/bully them that happened on that site, allowing blatant harassment of users on the site and people in the industry should they say anything they do not personally like (and I don't mean serious topics, literally anything allowed for this), and when I reference to how over the top people are what drive people away from politics this site was the epitome when I saw a comment from a user describing how they were a nurse that administered shots to people and would purposely mess it up just to jab someone if they believed something they did not like. There are no circumstances where that is okay and only two people in the thread called it out. 

All the while having an attitude of believing they are doing the right thing and can do no wrong and that anyone who does not like them MUST be the devil that they have already formed inside of their heads, when in actuality most normal people did not like the sites for this sole reason. In reality their extremeness caused more harm to the issues they claimed to care about than good and that's a really disgusting and dangerous delusion to see someone have if they can't ever self-reflect on what they're doing, let alone most of an entire website that is being enabled by each other that what they're doing is okay. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 01 August 2021

Kerotan said:
BTW ethomaz on Vizioneck said the gaf mods on their discord chat are planning to set up a gaf replacement not owned by evil lore. This could get very interesting!

Welp, the evil is not defeated,  it seems 

o_O.Q said:
monocle_layton said:

"Equity, not equality."

i quoted your words directly and you typed equality with regards to rights twice and could not state any rights that men have that women lack

" A women who's pregnant shouldn't be expected to work 70 hours just because I could. At the same time, a man taking care of 2 kids shouldn't be expected to work 65 hours because a single woman can."

what a weird red herring but is your argument here? that companies should be forced to absorb the costs of the personal decisions their employees make?

"You constantly keep going in a circle and saying 'well what inequalities'. That was never my fucking argument."

so why did you state that its about equality with regards to rights twice?

"You clearly stated you personally don't treat women like garbage and think they're clearly treated well. How does that negate feminism?"

i actually did not, what i said is that its a weird argument to bring up because i don't think anyone being rational would try to state that a significant number of people think its ok to treat women like garbage

i didn't say that this negates feminism

"If things seem fine, then there's nothing wrong with standing still for a short or permanent amount of time. How complicated is that? "

what is your point here? are you trying to in some roundabout way admit that men and women have equal rights now?

"I'm thinking rationally, and instead of constantly going on about how I'm 'irrational'"

well all i can do is request that you look back at my questions and your replies to them and assess your responces for yourself

The issue is that I have no idea how this conversations reached to this when I never entered the feminism conversation. At this point, I honestly don't care about being right. 

I don't think you're idiotic or anything (not sure if you can say the same), but I'm truly lost as to what happened from my first comment to your response. What is it even over? 

I didn't mind the board, I thought the gaming discussions and wealth of sales data was fairly good and fanboy-ism wasn't too rampant. It was cool to like what you liked, and it had matured over the years so the "Nintendo is teh kiddie" nonsense for example wasn't tolerated there. I was cool with that. I'd say there was a bias against XBox, but that is here also. 

The politics stuff ... yes it was a heavily left leaning site, which honestly most gaming boards were, but I think there is a minority movement of alt-right trying to spread itself in tech circles. But them's the breaks, a private forum is that ... a private forum so on touchy subjects you're not going to have free reign to say whatever you want. A forum owner/moderator has the right to tailor the community as they wish and for it to be that popular they must've done a few things right. 

monocle_layton said:
o_O.Q said:

Hmm. I guess I'll pipe in for a bit on Feminism. Feminism is a social movement and it's original goal was for equality for women. Because it's a movement and not a definition for "belief in women's equality" or "belief in equality of the sexes", it changes over time just like how any other movement changed over time because the people that organized them changed out or goals were accomplished, etc. There's a lot of literature about feminism being a movement and how it changed over the years hence the 1st wave feminism, 2nd wave feminism, etc.

I believe that feminism is purely a movement and that as a movement it can deviate from or hurt the overall goal of the movement (I believe that it did). I think that's what alot of "anti-feminists" or regular people are basically saying in their criticisms about feminism of today.

I believe in actual equality as in everyone having a equal or near equal chance at something regardless of their race, creed, sexuality or sex except in certain cases. I don't believe in giving a woman a job because she's a woman (except for certain jobs) or because there's not enough women in some given job. The only thing they're entitled to is an equal shot for a position as anyone else. That's what equality is. I believe that alot of the leaders or voices of feminism of today aren't interested in my sort of equality because it would take away any advantages they have at being a woman while correcting anything on the flip side of it. I agree that people get hung up on the terminology of it all and it turning into a shitshow without getting to the meat of it.