By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT Sport: Sony Are Idiots

SvennoJ said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
lol, all racing sims on consoles are "casual".

And yeah, it's mobile game nonsense. Generic level up of power that just magically increases the horsepower with a slider to adjust. No swapping out exhaust, downgrading filters, changing turbo kits, etc, just a slider. GTS is literally the most "casual" GT yet.

GT6 has the same sliders for weight and power limiter. Except the slider now goes both ways.

Did you think that the generic filters, turbo kits and carbon hood had any other effect? People were complaining about the generic car parts last gen not fitting in the game and shouldn't be applicable to all cars. It's not a car mechanic simulator and frankly I'm glad I don't have to go through a bunch of menus anymore and swap out a whole bunch of generic components trying to get my performance rating to the right number, then swap it all back again. It became more of a chore, buy new car, make sure to have enough extra money for all the extra bits, install it all painstakingly slow through all the different menus.

Car tuning is fully intact which it what really counts. Not that I have any clue how to tune a car, I'm just a casual console racer :)

The other silly points are... on the online part that is where they focused, the slider make all cars equivalent on performance (that is yet to be checked on how efficient is) so changing more parts would only make the slider instead of showing 125% perhaps 95%....

About having to buy parts and install I agree after looking back it's kinda useless when you can just have a bracket "100 - HP -400" comprising of the no turbo to top turbo, "1300kg - weight - 900kg" to weight reduction. The only part is kinda lost on it is that like on turbos the different types of turbos would give top performance in different situations.

But again I go back to the categories... on legal racing you don't go changing the parts for different types every race or have it open to chose whatever components and performance you want, the rules are quite rigid.

The game have a totally different look.

I bet neither Ludicrous nor Azzanation evaluate FH against FM (unless on the times they have the balls to say FH is a simulator almost the same way FM is).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Barkley said:

Development time has absolutley skyrocketed while quality level has diminished. Polyphony needs sorting out.

GT2 - 1.5 Years to develop. 93MC

GT3 - 1.5 Years to develop. 95MC

GT4 - 3.5 Years to develop. 89MC

GT5 - 5.5 Years to develop. 84MC

GT6 - 3 Years to develop. 81MC

GTS - 4 Years to develop. 78MC?

Isn't GT7 still in development or is this what became of it? I swore this was more along the lines of an experimental prologue.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:
Barkley said:

Development time has absolutley skyrocketed while quality level has diminished. Polyphony needs sorting out.

GT2 - 1.5 Years to develop. 93MC

GT3 - 1.5 Years to develop. 95MC

GT4 - 3.5 Years to develop. 89MC

GT5 - 5.5 Years to develop. 84MC

GT6 - 3 Years to develop. 81MC

GTS - 4 Years to develop. 78MC?

Isn't GT7 still in development or is this what became of it? I swore this was more along the lines of an experimental prologue.

We don't really know.

Kaz have said someone could call this GT 7 or GT7S.

I wouldn't call it a prologue, but a spin-off.

And the existance of GT7 on my opinion will greatly depend on GTS being a success or not.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Well I don't think there's any question about it, PD, in terms of productivity, has been God awful dating back post GT3 imho. They've just built up a big enough franchise that it hasn't really mattered. Same with CoD and Activision.

It's very disappointing that Sony killed a studio like Evolution, but let's PD do whatever they want basically.

edit, this was a reply to Azz, mobile sucks.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Well I don't think there's any question about it, PD, in terms of productivity, has been God awful dating back post GT3 imho. They've just built up a big enough franchise that it hasn't really mattered. Same with CoD and Activision.

It's very disappointing that Sony killed a studio like Evolution, but let's PD do whatever they want basically.

So you are unhappy that they left a dev that can make consistent 10M sellers alive while closing one that struggled to do 2M?

And let's see... GTS 4 years to develop with a team of 110-150 depending on the looking time... FM7 (third forza on the gen) taking 2 years with over 300 people on the team. What productivity are you exactly measuring?

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

So you are unhappy that they left a dev that can make consistent 10M sellers alive while closing one that struggled to do 2M?

And let's see... GTS 4 years to develop with a team of 110-150 depending on the looking time... FM7 (third forza on the gen) taking 2 years with over 300 people on the team. What productivity are you exactly measuring?

Forza 7 took much longer to make. It’s essentially just an upgraded (even downgraded in parts) Forza 5. so they practically started production after Forza 4. It even uses car models from Horizon and all the DLCs. There is only ONE new track in it.

GTS decided to go full reset. And I applaud them for that. It’s the right way to go for the franchise. And it’s becoming more serious and less casual in the process, exactly the opposite of Forza.

Azzanation said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

What difference would have made if the game released on Xbox?

Ive noticed that Xbox fans blame Sony when an exclusive fails to meet expectations in sales, same happened with Lawbreakers when people literally tweeted Cliff when the game underperformed (badly!) saying things like: 

"Hah! That's what happens for not releasing the game on Xbox"

Like the game would have been a million seller or something 

Have you seen the PS4 vs X1 sales ratio with most games? Have you seen Tekken 7 figures?

The PS4 sales DEMOLISHED the X1 sales for the game, if SFV would have released for the X1 and sold what, 15% of what the PS4 version did, it would have flopped regardless.

Sales has nothing to do with the quality issues GTS falls under. Again sales doesnt = quality.

There are no issues with quality. Everybody loves how it looks and plays. The issues people are having is quantity and missing nostalgic elements.

Errorist76 said:
DonFerrari said:

Forza 7 took much longer to make. It’s essentially just an upgraded (even downgraded in parts) Forza 5. so they practically started production after Forza 4. It even uses car models from Horizon and all the DLCs. There is only ONE new track in it.

GTS decided to go full reset. And I applaud them for that. It’s the right way to go for the franchise. And it’s becoming more serious and less casual in the process, exactly the opposite of Forza.

Well we both disagree on the changes, I preffered how it was and you like how it is, but it doesn't change that the game is good, just makes it not for the same people that liked what it had.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Mandalore76 said:

Admits to having only played 1 Dragon Age game, but refers to the franchise as one of the most mismanaged in all of gaming.  Admits to never having played Dragon Age Inquisition, yet claims that it only looked good because of medicore competition.  Sounds legit...

Inquisition was a very good game, and I spent a lot of time playing it and greatly enjoyed it for that reason.  Not because "there was nothing else good to play at the time."  Also, I disagree with your comment regarding Shadow of Mordor "being massively overrated".  The whole reason people are up in arms about Loot Crates being shoehorned into Shadow of War is because of how it messes with the great formula (Nemesis system) of the original game.  If Shadow of Mordor wasn't actually a good game, no one would care about the sequel, because there would have been no foundation to be hyped about.

Did you even read the comment? I'm literally going off the fact that I never hear about Inquisition and that many fans have expressed it as being mediocre.

I'm not judging the game so pointing out some kind of hypocriscy or contradiction when it isn't there isn't doing you any favors. That's why I said "Probably". 

Well Shadow of Mordor being massively overrated has nothing to do with it's sequel. I've played SOM and it's decent at best.

On the contrary, I read your comment in full, and understood it fully.  You made a blanket statement that "Dragon Age is one of the most mismanaged franchises of all time" and then have been back-tracking from it little by little ever since.  "Well, I haven't actually played any DA game since Origins", "I'm just going by what other people said", "Well, I said probably only looked good in comparion to mediocre competition."  If anyone hasn't been doing themselves any favors, it's you.

Shadow of War hype wouldn't not have existed before the Loot Box reveal if Shadow of Mordor hadn't been well received.  A lot of people were excited for Shadow of War based on the success and enjoyment of it's predecessor and the Nemesis system.  The PS4 and XBox One versions have user scores of 8.1 and 8.0 respectively.

Mandalore76 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Did you even read the comment? I'm literally going off the fact that I never hear about Inquisition and that many fans have expressed it as being mediocre.

I'm not judging the game so pointing out some kind of hypocriscy or contradiction when it isn't there isn't doing you any favors. That's why I said "Probably". 

Well Shadow of Mordor being massively overrated has nothing to do with it's sequel. I've played SOM and it's decent at best.

On the contrary, I read your comment in full, and understood it fully.  You made a blanket statement that "Dragon Age is one of the most mismanaged franchises of all time" and then have been back-tracking from it little by little ever since.  "Well, I haven't actually played any DA game since Origins", "I'm just going by what other people said", "Well, I said probably only looked good in comparion to mediocre competition."  If anyone hasn't been doing themselves any favors, it's you.

Shadow of War hype wouldn't not have existed before the Loot Box reveal if Shadow of Mordor hadn't been well received.  A lot of people were excited for Shadow of War based on the success and enjoyment of it's predecessor and the Nemesis system.  The PS4 and XBox One versions have user scores of 8.1 and 8.0 respectively.

Not really. You're thinking too much into it. I just listed the franchises I could think of off the top of my head. There are probably better examples than Dragon Age. All the other franchises I talked about, I talked from experience. Except Dragon Age, where I went off what i've heard. It's not like i'm hiding my inexperience - or making some big deal about how Dragon Age was handled horribly. People simply questioned why I added that one entry to my list, and I told them directly why I did so. You don't have to get so worked up over it because you liked Inquisition. My position was never that DA was objectively the worst handled franchise ... you're just nitpicking too hard because you don't agree with it's inclusion. It's not my best example, but you don't have to be an ass about it either. I mean jesus, sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry. Do you want a full apology written to Bioware? Seriously, you're thinking too much of it.

Also, you apparently didn't get the point I was making when I said you didn't read the comment. The point was, I said "probably", EXACTLY BECAUSE people like you annoyingly jump onto any sign of negativity towards a series you like. I'm not saying that I know for a fact it's terribly managed, I was saying at the time that it *probably* was based on what the fanbase has told me. Why can't you comprehend that? You're just attacking for no reason.

My point was never that Dragon Age was the most mismanaged franchise of all time either. Don't put words into my mouth. I responded to someone who said that Gran Turismo was, and I showed that there is clearly competition for that spot. I listed multiple franchises, not just Dragon Age, so clearly my position was never that it was the number one mismanaged franchise. Just that other franchises are also being horribly mishandled.

But hey, maybe the fact that so many fans defend the game to death shows that I was wrong and fans actually love the game to death!

Do you even understand the concept of overrated? Let me tell you how this works. I think Shadow of Morodor is overrated. Other people don't and love it. That's why it has a high metacritic score. Showing that it has a high metacritic score doesn't mean it isn't overrated. 

I don't know why you keep bringing up the sequel ... when I haven't said anything about it.