By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT Sport: Sony Are Idiots

This really annoys the hell out of me.

If the servers are down or your PS4 is not connected to the Internet, no other parts of the game are available and no progress can be saved. (This means you'll lose any in-game credits or level progression earned in Arcade mode.) Obviously, online matches depend on the servers. But so, too, does the rest of the game—stuff that has always been available offline in the past. Campaign mode (the career mode that includes the notorious Gran Turismo driving school) is off limits while offline. Also unavailable offline: buying new cars, viewing your garage, editing car liveries, and even the "taking photos of fancy cars in exotic scenery" mode.

https://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2017/10/gran-turismo-sport-offline-mode/

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

It should have been an option from the get go, but I'm sure It'll be patched. Also this is on Polyphony, not Sony.

FIT_Gamer said:
It should have been an option from the get go, but I'm sure It'll be patched. Also this is on Polyphony, not Sony.

Get out of here. LOL

The PS5 Exists. 

Guess they didn't want us cheating like we did in GT6.
They sell credits as microtransactions yeah??

I hope this game bombs critically and commercially.

We deserved a real GT7 after 4 years, not a half assed online only Prologue.

Around the Network

They should have seen from kilometers that this "always online" decision was beyond stupid, and the reason they gave for it to be there was even more stupid.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Most mismanaged franchise ever after Sonic.

Nautilus said:
They should have seen from kilometers that this "always online" decision was beyond stupid, and the reason they gave for it to be there was even more stupid.

They may well add saves in at a later date and then it would be a great game, judging by the reviews and people's reactions so far. I will NEVER support this strategy.

The PS5 Exists. 

If Driveclub can be played and saved offline so should this.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Bandorr said:

Sony as an entity is one singular entity. So you'd want Sony "is". Sony IS an idiot.
Or Sony executives are idiots.

Sony, as a corporation, is a group of individuals. So Sony (the group) are idiots. The legal entity is not a conscious being, it can't be an idiot as it is not a literal being.