By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo Sports Reviews - 76 Metacritic (44 Reviews) - 77 OpenCritic (44 Reviews)

Metacritic now 75
Userscore 5.9

Around the Network
torok said:
DonFerrari said:

So now you aren't that certain that they reutilized right? And still waiting for the list anyway.

I'm not talking about they can't use, I agree that the models of GT5 and 6 could be. I'm saying that from interviews I saw they recreated because they thought they weren't precise enough (not that they didn't had enough polygons).

I sincerely don't think the level of graphics on Toy Story is above what PS4 can do, but it still is pretty to this day, and also we can't deny that single directed position of camera and offtime rendering helps a lot. One of the reasons I loved the CGI of the FFs.

About physics and the rest you know that Kaz said if the physics is complicated you are doing it wrong right? I really don't think that besides the sound capture the rest would take much effort from PD, it would mostly be tweaking and updating of the cars on GT5-6. If they decide to make GT7 probably those will be sucked in very fast.

What are you talking about here, mate? Of course they didn't reused models for cars that were not in the previous games, because they didn't had them.

They didn't recreated the 3D models. At best, they adjusted slightly one or another, instead of throwing away years of work. They would have to be stupid otherwise. If they were worried about the precision of the simulation, this has not to do with the 3D models here.

Even the OG Toy Story does stuff that it's still not possible on realtime rendering and it's a 20 years old movie. The camera position really doesn't change much (pixel shaders are the most demanding part, that's why changing resolution has a almost 1:1 effect in performance). Offline rendering, of couse, helps a lot. Basically, you can afford to render at 0.0001 fps instead of 60 fps.

I kind of agree with Kaz point here. A lot of the physics on the game are Newton's. Things like aerodynamics are more complicated because to be precise you need to simulate a fluid. Anyway, GTS probably just add more calculations that were not affordable on the PS3.

And yes, they can really do GT7 fast. Two years is a decent timeframe to expect it, that's quite fast for AAA standards. Next year only if they were already working on it (which is always possible).

They are not doing a GT7, at least not on PS4. GTS will get updated over time, is this so hard to understand. PD are not Turn 10.

2zosteven said:

pre ordered and have not picked up yet. proabably will change to another game.

You should really listen to those who have played the game instead of those who haven’t.

Same with gt5 gt6 and now GTS its a game to hate I don't see why they won't achieve anything xbox has fallen and forza is dwindling it won't put people off purchasing GTS

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I really think Sony goofed up here. If SFV didn't make it obvious - launching a game in an established franchise while lacking in content compared to previous entries seriously hurts sales and reviews. Doesn't matter if you add more content later, the damage has been done.

Around the Network

It's still above DriveClub (71) and that turned out to have amazing support. Of course then everyone got fired :/

I'm going to sneak off now to race some more while my kids are watching tv. Amazing game, the handling is so satisfying, lots of fun challenges so far. I'm going to enjoy it before the studio gets burned down.

SvennoJ said:
It's still above DriveClub (71) and that turned out to have amazing support. Of course then everyone got fired :/

I'm going to sneak off now to race some more while my kids are watching tv. Amazing game, the handling is so satisfying, lots of fun challenges so far. I'm going to enjoy it before the studio gets burned down.

Well there isn't a risk of PD being closed if GTS becomes a fiasco.

The most I could see is Sony hard pressing PD to make GT7 and just flush all premium models of GT6 really fast on PS4.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
SvennoJ said:

The most I could see is Sony hard pressing PD to make GT7 and just flush all premium models of GT6 really fast on PS4.

I was joking, PD isn't going anywhere. However I doubt we'll see the old stuff again. There was talk of a GT6 port for ps4 before, but my gut tells me they looked at it, saw all the lagacy code they still had from the ps2 days plus all the to the metal coding they did on the peculiar ps3 architecture and said fuck it. Then started making a new future proof engine.

Is it possible to import the old assests? Maybe. Color, physics handling, sound, interiors, coordinate systems, hierarchies are probably all different. Starting with the old model will at most reduce the time to add a car, flushing them fast to GT Sport, I don't think so.

Blame the ps3 for this setback, and also PD for taking the opportunity to go full on next gen with current gens engine. Displays that can show the full range of GT Sport's color and HDR capabilities don't exist yet. Perhaps the only comfort is that transition to the ps5 should be smooth.

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

I was joking, PD isn't going anywhere. However I doubt we'll see the old stuff again. There was talk of a GT6 port for ps4 before, but my gut tells me they looked at it, saw all the lagacy code they still had from the ps2 days plus all the to the metal coding they did on the peculiar ps3 architecture and said fuck it. Then started making a new future proof engine.

Is it possible to import the old assests? Maybe. Color, physics handling, sound, interiors, coordinate systems, hierarchies are probably all different. Starting with the old model will at most reduce the time to add a car, flushing them fast to GT Sport, I don't think so.

Blame the ps3 for this setback, and also PD for taking the opportunity to go full on next gen with current gens engine. Displays that can show the full range of GT Sport's color and HDR capabilities don't exist yet. Perhaps the only comfort is that transition to the ps5 should be smooth.

I know it were a joke, but there seems too many people suggesting PD to be closed =p

I wouldn't bother GT7 picking all the older data, but we know a lot of people wouldn't accept it.

About the premium cars and tracks compatible I'm not sure how long the GTS would need to receive it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Not upset by the score, as it seems to be game reviewers upset that there was less "game" than competitors like Forza, Driveclub, and Mario Kart.

The thing about that is it's not a very good way to judge GT. It's less game and more simulator, so of course it won't be as objectively fun because that was never its mission. Its mission was to be "real".

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames