By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo Sports Reviews - 76 Metacritic (44 Reviews) - 77 OpenCritic (44 Reviews)

DonFerrari said:

This experience seems unfortunate, would be one of the reasons I usually don't like online, full of people to damper your excitement and enjoyment.

I was going to play more Mario last night yet wanted to do a few laps of GT Sport first, got sidetracked, played GT Sport until 2:30 am doh!

I finally managed to get another win in sport mode, started in 3rd, first and second place were in each others way and I managed to pass and stay in front. The former leader got next to me a few times and even slightly ahead in the corner by late braking, but each time I managed to avoid him and pull out the corner faster. Then he slipped up giving me some room for the last lap. He send a msg congratulating me on the race, and got the clean race bonus as well. Great race.

The SR S pool is bigger in the weekend so I had a closer skill match on Kyoto, mostly D with some C ranked players. The Nurb GP circuit must be less popular as there I still got matched with A through D, with only a few Ds. I reached the finish right on the time out, leader running almost 5 sec faster per lap, starting in place 10 (20 sec behind at the start) that's over a minute behind after 10 laps. It didn't help some guy knocked me out in the first chicane in lap 8 costing me 2 places I had worked so hard for to gain. He apologized later after he watched the replay. Quite nice playing with SR S class, just tough to keep up with them.  It's time for new tracks!

Racing on the Nurb in arcade is a lot of fun as well, good way to make money. 1 lap race on highest difficulty, start last, no boost nets a bit over 37k. More with the clean race bonus yet I only managed that once in the Bugatti VRT. 7:15 ish to go around the 24h version from a grid start passing 20 cars is pretty harrowing. (Grid start makes it easy though, already in 5th place at the first corner) Also weird that turning boost on gives you less money as in my experience that only makes it harder!

Anyway, hoping to find a good lobby tonight to do some actual Nurb racing. That track is sublime in GTS, and about 8 different time/cloud options keeps it just varied enough. (so dark at night where are my high beams!)

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

This experience seems unfortunate, would be one of the reasons I usually don't like online, full of people to damper your excitement and enjoyment.

I was going to play more Mario last night yet wanted to do a few laps of GT Sport first, got sidetracked, played GT Sport until 2:30 am doh!

I finally managed to get another win in sport mode, started in 3rd, first and second place were in each others way and I managed to pass and stay in front. The former leader got next to me a few times and even slightly ahead in the corner by late braking, but each time I managed to avoid him and pull out the corner faster. Then he slipped up giving me some room for the last lap. He send a msg congratulating me on the race, and got the clean race bonus as well. Great race.

The SR S pool is bigger in the weekend so I had a closer skill match on Kyoto, mostly D with some C ranked players. The Nurb GP circuit must be less popular as there I still got matched with A through D, with only a few Ds. I reached the finish right on the time out, leader running almost 5 sec faster per lap, starting in place 10 (20 sec behind at the start) that's over a minute behind after 10 laps. It didn't help some guy knocked me out in the first chicane in lap 8 costing me 2 places I had worked so hard for to gain. He apologized later after he watched the replay. Quite nice playing with SR S class, just tough to keep up with them.  It's time for new tracks!

Racing on the Nurb in arcade is a lot of fun as well, good way to make money. 1 lap race on highest difficulty, start last, no boost nets a bit over 37k. More with the clean race bonus yet I only managed that once in the Bugatti VRT. 7:15 ish to go around the 24h version from a grid start passing 20 cars is pretty harrowing. (Grid start makes it easy though, already in 5th place at the first corner) Also weird that turning boost on gives you less money as in my experience that only makes it harder!

Anyway, hoping to find a good lobby tonight to do some actual Nurb racing. That track is sublime in GTS, and about 8 different time/cloud options keeps it just varied enough. (so dark at night where are my high beams!)

You do know that you talking all your experiences just make me want to punch myself in the face right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

You do know that you talking all your experiences just make me want to punch myself in the face right?

Get a 2nd or 3rd job and get the game :p

It's only going to get better anyway. Test tournaments start next week and will run all month. I guess the real stuff doesn't even start until december.

I stopped reading these reviews a long time ago, because they often did not match my experience. GTS scores are much too low in my opinion, considering it is a sim, and it nails down the driving experience so well. I got the same excitement as with GT3 back in the days on PS2, just gotta do those  Nurnburgring laps a little bit faster and faster.

In general the driving genre has been lacking for many years, Project Cars, F1, WRC, Driving club were all meh. Dirt Rally was devinitely step to right direction, but GTS is finally delivering a proprer driving experience. 

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

Get a 2nd or 3rd job and get the game :p

It's only going to get better anyway. Test tournaments start next week and will run all month. I guess the real stuff doesn't even start until december.

I do have more than 3 jobs... the only issue is that at the moment only a single salary.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."