By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Doom launches on Switch 10th of November

KLXVER said:
Why does it often look like third party developers are held at gunpoint when talking about their port for the Switch...?

Its a tougher sell. They either have to make a new ip or downport. If they are indies with lower budget titles the port is easier. if not, once more....its a tough sell. We're really...really lucky that Nintendo at least met developers and publishers (at least) half way this gen.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KLXVER said:
Why does it often look like third party developers are held at gunpoint when talking about their port for the Switch...?

Its a tougher sell. They either have to make a new ip or downport. If they are indies with lower budget titles the port is easier. if not, once more....its a tough sell. We're really...really lucky that Nintendo at least met developers and publishers (at least) half way this gen.

Well they should at least seem a bit excited. They just look depressed and worried.

KLXVER said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Well they should at least seem a bit excited. They just look depressed and worried.

In my experience, developer interviews rarely are bursting with enthusiasm.  Most of these guys aren't PR, they're just guys who make games. Which is why they rarely present at E3, people with more stage experience do that :P

KLXVER said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

If you're referring to Nintendo, I doubt it. Think of Nintendo as a spoiled, stubborn and talented artist. They will only work you if they get their way or are at least met half way. This has always been their issues with big western publishers.

Nuvendil said:
KLXVER said:

In my experience, developer interviews rarely are bursting with enthusiasm.  Most of these guys aren't PR, they're just guys who make games. Which is why they rarely present at E3, people with more stage experience do that :P

Yeah, I can see that. This is probably also the 100th time they had to talk about the game, so its harder to look excited I guess.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KLXVER said:

If you're referring to Nintendo, I doubt it. Think of Nintendo as a spoiled, stubborn and talented artist. They will only work you if they get their way or are at least met half way. This has always been their issues with big western publishers.

He's clearly referring to the devs in the Doom video.

And at least outwardly, Nintendo has been quite enthusiastic about 3rd party games.  They're recent direct featured many 3rd parties, they have had two indie focused events, and numerous 3rd parties, big, small, and independent as well as news outlets with anonymous sources have all testified to Nintendo's dramatically shifted attitude.  Things have definitely changed.

Nuvendil said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

He's clearly referring to the devs in the Doom video.

And at least outwardly, Nintendo has been quite enthusiastic about 3rd party games.  They're recent direct featured many 3rd parties, they have had two indie focused events, and numerous 3rd parties, big, small, and independent as well as news outlets with anonymous sources have all testified to Nintendo's dramatically shifted attitude.  Things have definitely changed.

The bold is the point, which bolsters my earlier statement that Nintendo had to meet devs half way, because they tend not to want to disrupt their vision for their product. Last gen they expected third party to play ball as well. I didnt see the video so I was kind of off. Im supporting the Switch games from bethesda regardless.

curl-6 said:
Mnementh said:

Well, I just realized that between Doom, Skyrim and Xenoblade Collectors edition I have some very expensive weeks ahead.

Not getting Mario Odyssey? :P

no.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

spurgeonryan said:
The link does not work for me, is this the original that was also released on the N64?

What? No, is 2018 remake....

Click HERE and be happy 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Yep, im supporting all of the bethesda games on the switch. I still havent played skyrim and didnt get the PS4 version on purpose. Its time to put my money where my mouth is because id rather play these great games on the go.

Yeah I'm getting Doom day 1; mostly cos it looks like a genuinely fun game, but also to support mature third party titles on the system.