By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the most interesting food you have ever eaten?

Tagged games:

DragonRouge said:
Farsala said:

What is your favorite hot sauce? I was partial to Cholula and Tapatio's, but lately I have just been using a special blend of habanero salsa.

I like to make my own hot sauce, my favorite is the green one (green tomato, cilantro, habanero chili) combined with diced avocado.

Sounds awesome. Do you use fresh ingredients as well? My family had a habanero plant, but it stopped giving out quality chiles.

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
vivster said:

Why would you lick one of their fingers that they picked their nose with?

In some cannibal cultures they take there dead and eat them. Instead of burying them.

Seems economical.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Pizza with potato chips topping.

Hunting Season is done...

ginger bubble gum

Dog, donkey, scorpion, starfish, fish eyes, ducks neck, lamb's brain...after a while I just stopped asking.

Around the Network
Farsala said:

I love food and talking about food. Since we are somewhat global, it is always interesting to know what other people find to eat.

Two of my favorties:

Pasta all' amatriciana:

Chicken Penne with Creamy Mushroom White Wine Sauce:

mexican tamales. amazing stuff.

Very recently I had a hot sauce called “The Last Dab”
It is basically the hottest sauce in the world that is not an extract.
It was imported from some insane redneck ranch somewhere in the jungles of the south eastern United States. It comes from an experimental hybrid pepper created by inmates from a local insane asylum. it’s by far the hottest pepper in the world, codenamed Pepper X.

Despite its high scoville range (the hot sauce is 2.2M), I found the sauce wasn’t as stingy as another one I had, whose name escapes me... A ghost pepper sauce, which is actually about 1/6th as hot on the Scoville scale. That said, I personally find habeneros hotter than ghost peppers when eaten straight... peppers are weird like that.

The thing is, the Scoville scale is always accurate on the way out.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Very recently I had a hot sauce called “The Last Dab”
It is basically the hottest sauce in the world that is not an extract.
It was imported from some insane redneck ranch somewhere in the jungles of the south eastern United States. It comes from an experimental hybrid pepper created by inmates from a local insane asylum. it’s by far the hottest pepper in the world, codenamed Pepper X.

Despite its high scoville range (the hot sauce is 2.2M), I found the sauce wasn’t as stingy as another one I had, whose name escapes me... A ghost pepper sauce, which is actually about 1/6th as hot on the Scoville scale. That said, I personally find habeneros hotter than ghost peppers when eaten straight... peppers are weird like that.

The thing is, the Scoville scale is always accurate on the way out.

O_o

For fun we bought a chili plant of the type "Bhut Orange Copenhagen", since its a danish made chili and we found that funny.

So we planted it in the greenhouse and watched it grow, and eventually it gave fruit's.

Its supposedly a type of Bhut Jolokia, thats supposed to be sweet and full of flavor, and strong too.

Now this is only about 1.000.000 Scoville (some abit under,abit over).

However I tried useing HALF of one, and it totally ruined my dish.

They look so innocent, but they ll have flames comeing out of your mouth.

I dont get the appeal of these waaaaay to strong chili's.

also habeneros = 100,000 - 300,000 scoville

try a Bhut Orange Copenhagen = 1,000,000 scoville

I can't really eat too much spicy stuff, but for some reason I love this habanero salsa. It just doesn't feel too hot to me, until its almost gone or until it hits my stomach.

For instance I dislike Tabasco heat in food and its only 2k, but habanero salsa is surely over 100x as hot. The ingredient order of the peppers goes like this: Habanero,jalapeno, salsa, serrano. And whenever I put some fresh habaneros from my plant on some food it really didn't hit as hard as the salsa either. Now one time I had a dried habanero that was cooking in some chili for quite awhile and I had to run to the bathroom instantly, no idea how it was that hot.