By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the most interesting food you have ever eaten?

Tagged games:

JRPGfan said:
Jumpin said:
Very recently I had a hot sauce called “The Last Dab”
It is basically the hottest sauce in the world that is not an extract.
It was imported from some insane redneck ranch somewhere in the jungles of the south eastern United States. It comes from an experimental hybrid pepper created by inmates from a local insane asylum. it’s by far the hottest pepper in the world, codenamed Pepper X.

Despite its high scoville range (the hot sauce is 2.2M), I found the sauce wasn’t as stingy as another one I had, whose name escapes me... A ghost pepper sauce, which is actually about 1/6th as hot on the Scoville scale. That said, I personally find habeneros hotter than ghost peppers when eaten straight... peppers are weird like that.

The thing is, the Scoville scale is always accurate on the way out.

O_o

For fun we bought a chili plant of the type "Bhut Orange Copenhagen", since its a danish made chili and we found that funny.

So we planted it in the greenhouse and watched it grow, and eventually it gave fruit's.

Its supposedly a type of Bhut Jolokia, thats supposed to be sweet and full of flavor, and strong too.

Now this is only about 1.000.000 Scoville (some abit under,abit over).

However I tried useing HALF of one, and it totally ruined my dish.

They look so innocent, but they ll have flames comeing out of your mouth.

I dont get the appeal of these waaaaay to strong chili's.

also habeneros = 100,000 - 300,000 scoville

try a Bhut Orange Copenhagen = 1,000,000 scoville

Yeah, I know, not even close to as hot. A Ghost Pepper is also around 1M scovilles. But I find habaneros more difficult to eat. I think it's because ghost peppers hit their maximum heat levels fairly quickly, and then stop getting hotter; and you can get used to it. But habaneros seem to keep getting hotter and hotter for a long time after eating.

Pepper X is about 3.17M scovilles. It's the hottest known pepper, bred by some insane US redneck with mad botany skills.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
DragonRouge said:

I like to make my own hot sauce, my favorite is the green one (green tomato, cilantro, habanero chili) combined with diced avocado.

Sounds awesome. Do you use fresh ingredients as well? My family had a habanero plant, but it stopped giving out quality chiles.

Yes, fresh ingredients always. Does your family still has the habanero plant? Put some used gound coffee and/or egg shells on its soil, they're great fertilizer. Dead pets work great as well for fruit plants.