By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thoughts on InFamous: Second Son

I actually really liked it. I don't have great affinity for the original Infamous games, I think they're all just fine, enjoyable.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I really enjoyed Second Son. A long time since I played, but I remember loving the powers, especially the neon power. The game was really fun overall.

I don't remember having any issue with the play length, however, I generally take my time with games and completed all collectibles, etc.

Considering this was a launch title, it is still impressive in graphics and playability. Even supports the Pro. Played a lot, liked it a lot, so it is a very good day deal for PS+ members. 

I actually enjoyed second son though I missed the karma system and the variation in enemies. Nonetheless I tought the story and the choices where interesting enough. Technically the game still holds up with the best looking PS4 games especially on the pro. The power switching was a fun idea but in the end most where reskinned powers from infamous 2 and I ended up sticking with Neon. I would like to see new powers which combine elements in a new infamous game.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I bought it at launch and got a Platinum I loved it so much. For me, it was just as good as the first two on PS3.

Around the Network

Great concept and fun gameplay held back by a boring world, full of boring enemies and mediocre characters.

With it releasing 3 years ago now and us not having a sniff of what SP are working on, I have high hopes for whatever they can cook up with the extra development time.

I loved the game but still think it's the weakest of the franchise mainly because of the less responsive controls and camera.

Infamous 2 > Infamous 2 DLC > Infamous 1 > Infamous Second Son = First Light

But still the PS4 games are very fun games and still one of the most impressive games visually.. Also the fact that you can uncap the framerate is godsend (notably now with Pro, both games run at a near solid 60fps on Pro, particularly First light).

SegataSanshiro said:
IThe game is HORRIBLE. It's every problem with Ubisoft Open World games. Take down base after base. Same enemies over and over. The world offers nothing. All that's on the map is icons for a series of tasks for a percentage. It's bad game design. The story was shit. The characters were dull. This is truly an awful game.

I liked the game a lot myself.

Smartie900 said:
Good:
- Beautiful game. One of the best looking on the PS4 with amazing animation and particle effects.
- Combat that had weight and challenge to it. Had to actually use strategy
- Straightforward... yet somewhat decent story. Serviceable characters
- Great voice acting
- Really fun just to move around with your powers. Going through smoke vents is my favorite
- Tight controls
- Extensive power and upgrade system
- Photo Mode. One of my favorite things in games nowadays.

Bad:
- Short (6-8 hours long)
- Shitty side missions
- Gets repetitive really quickly
- Concrete power is absolute garbage
- Moral choices have no consequences besides the powers you get.
- Lifeless city
- Forgettable soundtrack

Overall, I felt the game was heavily flawed... but I still had enough fun with it that I was willing to overlook most of them. It's probably a 7/10 for me.

I really liked that one tune from the sound track the sort of guitar twang sound, its quite identifiable. Yeah the city was quite empty, I suspect thats part of the problem of rushing towards the launch of the PS4, feeling very positive about their next game as they have the tech and a good few years to build on it.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

It's a great game. Not as good as inFAMOUS 2, but better than inFAMOUS 1.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames