By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thoughts on InFamous: Second Son

I liked it quite a bit, but not as much as the first 2 games. The world felt small to me. Too small. I hoped for more on that front. The city did't feel as "alive" as other open world games. Eventually, I got used to the game for what it was and those 2 small complaints didn't matter at all. I liked the powers well enough. Maybe not as much as Coles's set. Again, no biggie. I felt the Evil ending was strong, and I liked the cover of Heart Shaped Box that played over the ending credits. The overall gameplay is solid, and the graphics are above average. IDK.....is good uh?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

The weakest of the three games, in my opinion. The series peaked with the first game, then moved backward with 2 and then stunk up the joint with Second Son. The city felt small and inert, the mission design was boring, and the story and characters completely forgettable and/or unsympathetic.

It's looks gorgeous, though.

I really liked it, completed it 100%. I think the only thing that let it down a bit was the lack of variation in the world. But overall really liked the characters and story telling.

82/100

I really hope they do a HD remaster of the first two.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Probably my second or third PS4 game. My first inFamous since the original. I gotta say I didn't like it. Maybe I didn't play it long enough but the mindless shooting was a turn off.

I liked First Light better.

I have to add, the game looked really good. One of the reasons I bought it. I was looking for a game to justify the hardware, graphically. 

bought it a while ago. turned out better than i expected. i'm not a fan of superhero and open world games but this one i can deal with. characters, story, gameplay... all very solid. really looking forward to their next project. please don't be an FPS.

Around the Network

The game simply doesn't have enough content., the story is extremely short and there isn't enough other content. The Cole's Legacy missions were also a joke and the Papertrail stuff sucked, especially since you don't get any rewards besides a vest for Delsin. Things which also don't exactly work in the game's favor is the fact that Concrete isn't unlocked until during the final story mission (like, c'mon.....) and the fact that IMO it's extremely easy, even on the highest difficulty mission.

The powers in this game are amazing. Gameplay and mechanics wise I think this is the best superhero game ever made. I don't think its as good as Arkham City and Knight but that's because Batman is really just a skilled fighter rather than a superhero with superhuman abilities and powers.

The story is meh, but it doesn't effect my enjoyment of this game. Infamous has always had a bit of cringey dialogues and stereotypical character portrayals and the only reason 1 and 2 are highly regarded for their stories is their endings, which were amazing, but the rest of the story was nothing to write home vabout. This game doesn't have a great ending either, though.

The open world design is fine, nothing amazing either, aesthetically speaking. Seattle looks good but doesn't feel as alive as even last generation cities like Liberty City in GTA IV, and there is a lack of side activities and diversity in areas here. The entire a city is a concrete jungle. Empire City and New Marais had more variety and were better designed. Mechanically its good design. Sucker Punch always nails it here, and its one of the reasons traversal and combat is so much fun in this game.

My opinions sound negative but they aren't. Infamous Second Son is the best exclusive game this generation after Bloodborne as its so much fun to play and a very enjoyable game. That's what its meant to be, as the story has never been the focus at Sucker Punch and I'm totally fine with that as long as they keep improving the gameplay like they have been doing. Infamous 2 is still a better game when all is said but Second Son is an absolutely amazing game too.

I platinumed it in a weekend (because I borrowed it from someone) and it was to short, had some fun with it but the side content was ridiculously weak. The next game with more time to work on it and a lot of extra content maybe some co op multiplayer could be an excellent game.

Good:
- Beautiful game. One of the best looking on the PS4 with amazing animation and particle effects.
- Combat that had weight and challenge to it. Had to actually use strategy
- Straightforward... yet somewhat decent story. Serviceable characters
- Great voice acting
- Really fun just to move around with your powers. Going through smoke vents is my favorite
- Tight controls
- Extensive power and upgrade system
- Photo Mode. One of my favorite things in games nowadays.

Bad:
- Short (6-8 hours long)
- Shitty side missions
- Gets repetitive really quickly
- Concrete power is absolute garbage
- Moral choices have no consequences besides the powers you get.
- Lifeless city
- Forgettable soundtrack

Overall, I felt the game was heavily flawed... but I still had enough fun with it that I was willing to overlook most of them. It's probably a 7/10 for me.

It's the worst Infamous game, but it's still good and a lot of fun.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.