By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption reveal at 10:00AM Central (11 Eastern)

This series would need a MAJOR upgrade in game-play before I'm interested. I dropped the first one because it was more frustrating than fun.

Around the Network

It'll probably get delayed till Sept 2018 just like GTAV was supposed to launch in Spring 13.

Why are they announcing a trailer with so less information many days beforehand?

What did I miss? Is it just the trailer VGChartz posted?

Super hyped. I'll be getting this day 1 on my ps4 digitally. Still haven't played the first yet on ps3 but I will eventually.

Around the Network

So it's a prequel. Bill Williamson was in the trailer at 1:14 and you killed him in the first RDR.

So where is the switch version of both RDR + RDR 2 for switch at glorious 1080p and 60 fps?

vivster said:
I'm predicting sand, horses, cowboys and gay sex.

Looks like you were on point.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

shikamaru317 said:

I'd say it definitely is a prequel of sorts, all of Dutch's gang are in the trailer if I'm not mistaken, with the exception of John. The thing that kind of gets me, is that in dialogue between John and Landon in RDR1, John mentioned that Dutch's gang tried to do good when he started riding with them, only robbing the rich and giving to the poor (ala Robin Hood), until the gang started to turn into bad people and betrayed John, leaving him for dead after a heist gone wrong. I was really hoping we'd get to see the gradual fall of the members of Dutch's gang, from trying to do good to being bad. Maybe we still will see that. I'm hoping that the reason that John wasn't in this trailer is that they're saving him for a big reveal, that he will be the 2nd playable character, with you switching back and forth between Arthur and John. It would be really interesting to see John's perspective, gradually becoming disillusioned with Dutch's gang, before ultimately getting betrayed and left for dead at the end of the game, leading into RDR1. 

That wouldn't surprise me - and I think the woman we see in the trailer could even be a third playable character; GTAV got a fair bit of flack for not having a playable female, perhaps they sought to remedy that now. Arthur would be the blackhat, John the closest to a whitehat the gang will have, and just maybe this woman in grey.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

TallSilhouette said:

That wouldn't surprise me - and I think the woman we see in the trailer could even be a third playable character; GTAV got a fair bit of flack for not having a playable female, perhaps they sought to remedy that now. Arthur would be the blackhat, John the closest to a whitehat the gang will have, and just maybe this woman in grey.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I still don't get that. Who complained?