By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption reveal at 10:00AM Central (11 Eastern)

Having problems to adapt to the tone and voice of the protagonist. I miss my Marston.

Around the Network

That's it? Just a trailer? Meh...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

shikamaru317 said:
No 4K on the trailer is kind of strange. I doubt that either PS4 or XB1 X will manage native 4K, but they should at least be able to pull off 1440p checkerboard and 1800p checkerboard on it respectively, so they could have shown one of those for the trailer. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that neither the X nor the Pro build are finished enough for them to show yet.

Rockstar knows that the vast majority will play it on the base consoles so they probably want to be fair and show them how it will look on those. I'm pretty sure this wasn't even Pro/X1X/PC footage in that trailer....looked good but not spectacular. Kind of the same approach Sony do in a lot of their trailers (e.g. God of War). I like that.

shikamaru317 said:

Seems we're definitely playing as a previously unknown member of Dutch's gang, Arthur Morgan. I'm kind of disappointed there doesn't seem to be multiple playable characters though, was hoping we'd have a few charatcers to switch between like in GTA V. I'm also disappointed that Morgan seems to be more of a bad guy than a good guy, one thing I really liked about John in RDR1 is that he was at least trying to be a good person, and you could play him as a good person thanks to the morality system in the game. Don't really like the idea of being forced to play a bad guy in game, I avoid playing bad guys wherever possible because I'm just too nice in real life, it makes me feel like a bad person if I play a bad character. 

I actually welcome a bad guy perspective, although I know how you feel. I used to avoid doing bad or evil actions in games but I learn to not really give a damn. I think a lot of people will gravitate to a more morally devious protagonist and it makes perfect sense at the time, the old west was kinda full of assholes and degenerates. Now, if he isn't at least likeable or charismatic or interesting for that matter (a la Trevor from GTAV) then who would wanna put up with playing asshole the entire game?

I'm just glad it isn't a pre-quel (i think?), not a fan of prequels. EDIT:: Never mind, it's a sequel, ah well.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Errorist76 said:
shikamaru317 said:
No 4K on the trailer is kind of strange. I doubt that either PS4 or XB1 X will manage native 4K, but they should at least be able to pull off 1440p checkerboard and 1800p checkerboard on it respectively, so they could have shown one of those for the trailer. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that neither the X nor the Pro build are finished enough for them to show yet.

Rockstar knows that the vast majority will play it on the base consoles so they probabl want to be fair and show them how it will look on those. I'm pretty sure this wasn't even Pro/X1X/PC footage in that trailer....looked good but not spectacular. Kind of the same approach Sony do in a lot of their trailers (e.g. God of War). I like that.

HAHAHA, yea right. Like a company wouldn't show the most highly polished, graphical masterpiece they have. They always show off the prettiest graphics.

And why wouldn't a company. When showing off your new toy/car/game wahtever, you always show the one with all teh bells and whistles. Ever seen a car commercial? They show off the 50k version care, yet at the end they list starting at $25k. They never show that 25K version that has no sunroof, no leather seats, none of the super special new safety features, ect. They show off the luxary version and yet list the economy versions price.

Around the Network

Well, it's a trailer. I'm not getting especially hyped from that, but the first one was so good that it doesn't matter. That said, it's not a bad trailer either, just not exceptionally good.

irstupid said:
Errorist76 said:

Rockstar knows that the vast majority will play it on the base consoles so they probabl want to be fair and show them how it will look on those. I'm pretty sure this wasn't even Pro/X1X/PC footage in that trailer....looked good but not spectacular. Kind of the same approach Sony do in a lot of their trailers (e.g. God of War). I like that.

HAHAHA, yea right. Like a company wouldn't show the most highly polished, graphical masterpiece they have. They always show off the prettiest graphics.

And why wouldn't a company. When showing off your new toy/car/game wahtever, you always show the one with all teh bells and whistles. Ever seen a car commercial? They show off the 50k version care, yet at the end they list starting at $25k. They never show that 25K version that has no sunroof, no leather seats, none of the super special new safety features, ect. They show off the luxary version and yet list the economy versions price.

Santa Monica did the same with God of War. Showed it on a normal PS4. It actually makes sense....they probably showed off footage from PS4(ev Pro) cause that's who they have the marketing deal with (and who by far have the most systems out atm)

I thought the first game was so overrated. It wasn’t a bad game but I found it so repetitive.
Ride to a town,
talk,
ride to mission objective location,
have a shootout,
ride back with mission objective.
Repeat again with a different character giving the mission.
I started to struggle to keep my interest because of this.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

shikamaru317 said:

Seems we're definitely playing as a previously unknown member of Dutch's gang, Arthur Morgan. I'm kind of disappointed there doesn't seem to be multiple playable characters though, was hoping we'd have a few charatcers to switch between like in GTA V. I'm also disappointed that Morgan seems to be more of a bad guy than a good guy, one thing I really liked about John in RDR1 is that he was at least trying to be a good person, and you could play him as a good person thanks to the morality system in the game. Don't really like the idea of being forced to play a bad guy in game, I avoid playing bad guys wherever possible because I'm just too nice in real life, it makes me feel like a bad person if I play a bad character. 

I don't like being forced to play as a good guy in pretty much everything ever

I will wait for the PC version on Steam. I did it for GTA V, waited paciently and it paid off.