Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption reveal at 10:00AM Central (11 Eastern)

What did I miss? Is it just the trailer VGChartz posted?



Zelda fans are the worst 

Around the Network

Super hyped. I'll be getting this day 1 on my ps4 digitally. Still haven't played the first yet on ps3 but I will eventually.



So it's a prequel. Bill Williamson was in the trailer at 1:14 and you killed him in the first RDR.



So where is the switch version of both RDR + RDR 2 for switch at glorious 1080p and 60 fps?



vivster said:
I'm predicting sand, horses, cowboys and gay sex.

Looks like you were on point.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
 

I'd say it definitely is a prequel of sorts, all of Dutch's gang are in the trailer if I'm not mistaken, with the exception of John. The thing that kind of gets me, is that in dialogue between John and Landon in RDR1, John mentioned that Dutch's gang tried to do good when he started riding with them, only robbing the rich and giving to the poor (ala Robin Hood), until the gang started to turn into bad people and betrayed John, leaving him for dead after a heist gone wrong. I was really hoping we'd get to see the gradual fall of the members of Dutch's gang, from trying to do good to being bad. Maybe we still will see that. I'm hoping that the reason that John wasn't in this trailer is that they're saving him for a big reveal, that he will be the 2nd playable character, with you switching back and forth between Arthur and John. It would be really interesting to see John's perspective, gradually becoming disillusioned with Dutch's gang, before ultimately getting betrayed and left for dead at the end of the game, leading into RDR1. 

That wouldn't surprise me - and I think the woman we see in the trailer could even be a third playable character; GTAV got a fair bit of flack for not having a playable female, perhaps they sought to remedy that now. Arthur would be the blackhat, John the closest to a whitehat the gang will have, and just maybe this woman in grey.

¯_(ツ)_/¯



TallSilhouette said:

That wouldn't surprise me - and I think the woman we see in the trailer could even be a third playable character; GTAV got a fair bit of flack for not having a playable female, perhaps they sought to remedy that now. Arthur would be the blackhat, John the closest to a whitehat the gang will have, and just maybe this woman in grey.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I still don't get that. Who complained?



BTW The RDR2 Trailer was indeed captured on PS4. 

"The stunning footage featured in the new RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 trailer was captured in-engine on the PS4, Sony has revealed.

The new trailer, released by Rockstar earlier today, boasted gorgeous visuals that saw many questioning whether or not it had been captured on consoles, or if it was pre-rendered. However, a tweet from the official PlayStation account confirms that this wasn't the case, revealing that everything viewers saw in the trailer had been captured on the PS4."

 

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/349761-stunning-red-dead-redemption-2-trailer-featured-engine-footage-captured-ps4



 

Errorist76 said:

BTW The RDR2 Trailer was indeed captured on PS4. 

"The stunning footage featured in the new RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 trailer was captured in-engine on the PS4, Sony has revealed.

The new trailer, released by Rockstar earlier today, boasted gorgeous visuals that saw many questioning whether or not it had been captured on consoles, or if it was pre-rendered. However, a tweet from the official PlayStation account confirms that this wasn't the case, revealing that everything viewers saw in the trailer had been captured on the PS4."

 

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/349761-stunning-red-dead-redemption-2-trailer-featured-engine-footage-captured-ps4

In-engine just means not a cgi trailer, but using in-game assets. I believe that all games shoudl be doing this, imo. Nintendo has for the most part always done this, minus a couple games like Fire Emblem. Square Enix on the other end of the spectrum is usually 100% cgi.

Does he specify whether it was on a standard base PS4 or a Pro though.



irstupid said:

 

Errorist76 said:

BTW The RDR2 Trailer was indeed captured on PS4. 

"The stunning footage featured in the new RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 trailer was captured in-engine on the PS4, Sony has revealed.

The new trailer, released by Rockstar earlier today, boasted gorgeous visuals that saw many questioning whether or not it had been captured on consoles, or if it was pre-rendered. However, a tweet from the official PlayStation account confirms that this wasn't the case, revealing that everything viewers saw in the trailer had been captured on the PS4."

 

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/349761-stunning-red-dead-redemption-2-trailer-featured-engine-footage-captured-ps4

In-engine just means not a cgi trailer, but using in-game assets. I believe that all games shoudl be doing this, imo. Nintendo has for the most part always done this, minus a couple games like Fire Emblem. Square Enix on the other end of the spectrum is usually 100% cgi.

Does he specify whether it was on a standard base PS4 or a Pro though.

Seems to have been a standard PS4, just as I had expected. It makes sense. It's what they have the marketing contract with and by far the biggest player base plus the PC version won't come for another year or so.