By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 18th - 24th September 2017

OTBWY said:

The Switch is just doing it in Japan. What's crazy is that lotteries are still being held.

how was other "great" selling console in JAPAN like every week? will switch compete with it?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite is a disaster.

With how poorly Street Fighter 5 did on the PS4, it really makes you wonder what's next for Capcom's fighting games.

Proper development and conceptualization... and the Switch.

twintail said:
OTBWY said:

Yeah, cause the X1 is so popular in Japan, MH's biggest market.

You're very naive (and probably very defensive of Sony), to think that Sony hasn't done as such. They did it with Street Fighter, why not again? Besides, the leaker was 100% right, why should I doubt the rest? And finally, porting to the Switch is not difficult, they could have ported it within the year they got their kits (Capcom was even involved in the development of the damned thing). If they were pressed for time, they would have announced it already for a release on a later date. Simple logic.

Wait, let me get this straight. Sony secured SF5 as an exclusive for a genre and IP that is popular worldwide (especially in the US/ UK where Xbox is popular) but failed to secure MHW even though its only popular in JPN (where PS4 is semi-popular and X1 is non exsistent?).

haha ok dude

The fact that its coming to X1 pretty blatantly tells you that its not an exclusive as you claimed. And countless other JPN made games are skipping X1 in JPN. I suppose Sony is chucking money at these companies too. Or its because more plain as day that the current LTD X1 sales in JPN rests at 81K so what is the point in X1 software in JPN.

Capcom all round have laregly ignored the Switch with their current gen games. Wheres RE7 (and a bunch of others)? Dead Rising collection? Sengoku Basara? Disney Collection? Strider? the recently announced Okami HD? Mega Man legacy? DMC? Dragons Dogma? MvsCI and 3?

Oh I know.... Sony is paying Capcom to ensure these games only come to PS4 and are helping MS out by paying Capcom to also bring them to the X1 because obviously Capcom would have ported all these games to Switch by now if not for Sony. 

yup... simple logic indeed. 

Please come back when you actually know what you are talking about. 

It is exclusive to the PS4 in Japan. Monster Hunter is a game that sells mostly in Japan (and is more popular than the games you listed). End of story, no goalpost widening. Seems like you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. Honestly, do you really, absolutely, believe that Sony wouldn't do this? For a game that arguably, it's absence cause their handheld console to not sell as well as it could have? Get real and listen to what people are telling you.

aikohualda said:
OTBWY said:

The Switch is just doing it in Japan. What's crazy is that lotteries are still being held.

how was other "great" selling console in JAPAN like every week? will switch compete with it?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Ka-pi96 said:
Xbox the only console to get an increase. Xbox to dominate Japan in future years confirmed? :O

It'll be selling over a million a week in only 34 weeks! Billions a week in only 58!

XBO to outsell humanity confirmed.

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
twintail said:

Is it exclusive in the West?

Didnt think so.

I didn't say that and it doesn't matter anyway. Japan is important for MH and is a PS4 exclusive. There is some king of deal. Is pretty obvius

If I remember correctly, the rumor/leak was that Sony had something to do with MHW not coming to Switch while they're ok with an Xbox version....

I honestly wouldn't put it past Sony to do shady stuff, but letting their main competitor get a game that could be exclusive while making up excuses for the lack of cross play.... Is interesting.

Hopefully Xenoverse 2 will get some restocking done, it disappeared from the charts.

twintail said:
EricFabian said:

I didn't say that and it doesn't matter anyway. Japan is important for MH and is a PS4 exclusive. There is some king of deal. Is pretty obvius

And so are countless other JPN games. 

Guess those are all deals too. Or its because a user base of a pathetic 81k is not worth a publisher investing in an X1 release in JPN.

Nah... it definitely cant be the sub 85k market place the X1 has. thats way too lucrative not to support. 

that other spin-off, can't remember the name, released on PS3, X360 and PC in Japan.

I'm not saying Capcom team up with Sony to take down Nintendo. Is just obvius to me. That's it

Click HERE and be happy 

Kuksenkov said:
EricFabian said:

If I remember correctly, the rumor/leak was that Sony had something to do with MHW not coming to Switch while they're ok with an Xbox version....

I honestly wouldn't put it past Sony to do shady stuff, but letting their main competitor get a game that could be exclusive while making up excuses for the lack of cross play.... Is interesting.

Hopefully Xenoverse 2 will get some restocking done, it disappeared from the charts.

That's the thing that makes it where I wouldn't be surprised if the whole rumor about Sony making a deal with Capcom to not let MHW on the Switch ended up being true. Sony is shady enough to make a deal like that, and Capcom is dumb enough to do along with a dumb deal like that.

The Xbox is no competition for anything really in Japan and Sony already doubled their numbers worldwide over Xbox so they probably don't see it as an issue for it to release on Xbox, but with the Switch they know that thing is selling amazing everywhere and dominating Japan currently and that Monster Hunter is huge on portables in Japan so the Switch version would probably destroy the PS4 version in Japan, hence why the rumor said Sony made a deal with Capcom for it not to release on Switch or something like that. 

Kerotan said:
Good debut for NBA 2k18.

Good ps4 sales this week. Should hold or even increase next week. The week after will be slow but then gran turismo and few others release in October which should kick start the end of year sales.

Going by its current baseline I'm expecting big ps4 sales in December.

With all it's Microtransaction shenanigans, I really wish it didn't, no matter the platform

Mbolibombo said:
Just once in the last 10 weeks did the Switch dip under 40k (22k, wonder what happend there?) Looking good. Pay attention japanese devs! :>

After the Splatoon 2 craze it's stabilized around 45k (50k-43k the last four weeks)

Probably a lack of supply during that drop

Speaking of Switch supply, shouldn't there be another raise incoming in fall?

twintail said:
OTBWY said:

Yeah, cause the X1 is so popular in Japan, MH's biggest market.

You're very naive (and probably very defensive of Sony), to think that Sony hasn't done as such. They did it with Street Fighter, why not again? Besides, the leaker was 100% right, why should I doubt the rest? And finally, porting to the Switch is not difficult, they could have ported it within the year they got their kits (Capcom was even involved in the development of the damned thing). If they were pressed for time, they would have announced it already for a release on a later date. Simple logic.

Wait, let me get this straight. Sony secured SF5 as an exclusive for a genre and IP that is popular worldwide (especially in the US/ UK where Xbox is popular) but failed to secure MHW even though its only popular in JPN (where PS4 is semi-popular and X1 is non exsistent?).

haha ok dude

The fact that its coming to X1 pretty blatantly tells you that its not an exclusive as you claimed. And countless other JPN made games are skipping X1 in JPN. I suppose Sony is chucking money at these companies too. Or its because more plain as day that the current LTD X1 sales in JPN rests at 81K so what is the point in X1 software in JPN.

Capcom all round have laregly ignored the Switch with their current gen games. Wheres RE7 (and a bunch of others)? Dead Rising collection? Sengoku Basara? Disney Collection? Strider? the recently announced Okami HD? Mega Man legacy? DMC? Dragons Dogma? MvsCI and 3?

Oh I know.... Sony is paying Capcom to ensure these games only come to PS4 and are helping MS out by paying Capcom to also bring them to the X1 because obviously Capcom would have ported all these games to Switch by now if not for Sony. 

yup... simple logic indeed. 

Please come back when you actually know what you are talking about. 

Nautilus said:

For Nintendo have have upgraded such a basic thing to the Switch(which would need to be done before the official reveal), Capcom would have need to have acess to it long before the reveal.Not to mention that Capcom would have got one early regardless, seeing that he is one of the best Nintendo supporters, at least from the handheld side.That would put Capcom having a devkit at E3 2016 at the earliest, with chances of having it much earlier being very high.

And having a 4th version, having already made 3 other versions would have been that much bigger effort.Plus, they took the time to make a XOne version, one that would surely sell much less than a Nintendo version.If time was that much of a problem, they could have simply gone for the Switch version instead of the XOne version.And before you say it, multiple developers already said that the Switch is easy to develop for.Easy enough at least.

So yeah, be smarter.Things are quite obvious when you really think about it.

oh, same to you.

Ok so Capcom gets the dev kit early (if they did). Where are all the other games they have released on PS4/ X1 not on Switch? Why are they still announcing multiplat games without Switch versions (Okami HD). Having the devkit doesnt automatically mean that they had the time to get the game ready with the other versions. 

Its just poor buisness decisions, or Capoms ineptitude to develop for so many devices at the same time. Nothing more. Trying to spread some dumb idea that Sony paid for MHW to release on their console and also X1 is just absurd and you dont even need to think to realise that. 

Well we dont know what a 4th sku would have done to their development timeline. Easy to port too doesnt mean easier than porting to antyhing else. and really that depends on how the engine needs to be modified to work on these different devices. X1 version easily was already in development for a game they were hoping to push more in the West at the time. So they didnt bother pushing through the Switch version imediately. Stupid? Of course. A conspiracy acted pon by Sony? lol give me a break. you are smarter than than.

I hope.

About the other games, it could very well have been that Capcom wasnt unsure that the Switch would suceed worldwide.Thats fair.But MH is sinonimous with Nintendo, and since the Switch is a hybrid(so part handheld), it was obvious that it would have been a sucess in Japan.And a good chunk of the MH audience is a handheld lover, or at least prefers handheld over the console version(since MH always sold much better on handhelds).Which begs the question:Why NOT make a Switch version, at the very least on Japan?That port would easily offset the cost to make it, even if Capcom had to hire extra personel.

It could very well have been Capcom fault for missing this, because they have had their head up on their ass for quite a while now.Thats unfortunely a real possibility.But Im not discarting that Sony could have very well paid Capcom, given that Capcom makes some stupid decisions sometimes, to make the next MH not release on Nintendo, since it would obviously hurt its competitor(Nintendo) and be a boon for the PS4 in Japan.And plus the leaker being really trustworthy as of now.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1