By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 18th - 24th September 2017

Miyamotoo said:
OTBWY said:

https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-switch-shortages-still-going-japan/

Yup, also people from Japan on Neogaf still reporting they are lotteries and that Switch is still sold out every week. With this sales last few weeks, it seems that Nintendo is shipping around 45k units per week in Japan, offcourse they will ship much more when Mario Odyssey arrives.

But the supply sitation seems at least to have easend up a bit, considering the prices on Amazon ain't as ludicrous as they where before (around 42500 Yen compared to about 50000 Yen before)

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

About the other games, it could very well have been that Capcom wasnt unsure that the Switch would suceed worldwide.Thats fair.But MH is sinonimous with Nintendo, and since the Switch is a hybrid(so part handheld), it was obvious that it would have been a sucess in Japan.And a good chunk of the MH audience is a handheld lover, or at least prefers handheld over the console version(since MH always sold much better on handhelds).Which begs the question:Why NOT make a Switch version, at the very least on Japan?That port would easily offset the cost to make it, even if Capcom had to hire extra personel.

It could very well have been Capcom fault for missing this, because they have had their head up on their ass for quite a while now.Thats unfortunely a real possibility.But Im not discarting that Sony could have very well paid Capcom, given that Capcom makes some stupid decisions sometimes, to make the next MH not release on Nintendo, since it would obviously hurt its competitor(Nintendo) and be a boon for the PS4 in Japan.And plus the leaker being really trustworthy as of now.

Capcom wanrs to conquer the west with Monster Hunter World. So they probably thought "PS4 and Xbox are selling well there, but not Nintendo, so let's just invite those 2". Now that the Switch is a big success worldwide, they are probably biting their asses about that decision. Like many before the Switch launched, they where probably not expecting it to be a big success and thus didn't take it into account. Bad decision in retrospect, but at least an understandable one.

However, not translating MHXX for the west is a big mistake from them, I really hope they will go back on that decision.

twintail said:
OTBWY said:

It is exclusive to the PS4 in Japan. Monster Hunter is a game that sells mostly in Japan (and is more popular than the games you listed). End of story, no goalpost widening. Seems like you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. Honestly, do you really, absolutely, believe that Sony wouldn't do this? For a game that arguably, it's absence cause their handheld console to not sell as well as it could have? Get real and listen to what people are telling you.

Man... you are seriously fanatical.

All you have presented are delusions based on something a random guy you dont even know said.

I have at least been able to back up what I have said.

Its not on X1 in JPN cause devs are skipping X1 in that region. Thats a fact.

Countless other Capcom games released on PS4 since Switch launched, have not released on the Switch. Thats a fact. 

Others have been announced without a Switch version even in the current climate of Switch selling well. That is fact. 

Capcom dont have a Switch version because they just dont, like countless other games of theirs from this gen. That is a fact.

Even the PC version is releasing after the console version because the team developing the game dont have the manpower or resources to get it done on time with the others. That is a fact. So a Switch version being as it is, means even more work. 

So Capcom messed up not giving the Switch more love. Deal with it. Thats the story of Capcom atm.

But hey if you want to believe this random conspiracy theory then go ahead. 

Yeah, I'm not going to repeat myself over and over. Honestly, i'm supposed to be the one who A: leaves long ass responses and calls other fanatical and B: gets very defensive and sidesteps with more nonsense (backing up nonsense). Have fun shouting and listening to others say the same to you, not going to waste any more time.

FloatingWaffles said:
Kuksenkov said:

If I remember correctly, the rumor/leak was that Sony had something to do with MHW not coming to Switch while they're ok with an Xbox version....

I honestly wouldn't put it past Sony to do shady stuff, but letting their main competitor get a game that could be exclusive while making up excuses for the lack of cross play.... Is interesting.

Hopefully Xenoverse 2 will get some restocking done, it disappeared from the charts.

That's the thing that makes it where I wouldn't be surprised if the whole rumor about Sony making a deal with Capcom to not let MHW on the Switch ended up being true. Sony is shady enough to make a deal like that, and Capcom is dumb enough to do along with a dumb deal like that.

The Xbox is no competition for anything really in Japan and Sony already doubled their numbers worldwide over Xbox so they probably don't see it as an issue for it to release on Xbox, but with the Switch they know that thing is selling amazing everywhere and dominating Japan currently and that Monster Hunter is huge on portables in Japan so the Switch version would probably destroy the PS4 version in Japan, hence why the rumor said Sony made a deal with Capcom for it not to release on Switch or something like that. 

Just a question, did Nintendo bought MH exclusivity for the 3DS? i mean there wasn't any reason not to bring it to the Vita too.

Valdath said:
FloatingWaffles said:

That's the thing that makes it where I wouldn't be surprised if the whole rumor about Sony making a deal with Capcom to not let MHW on the Switch ended up being true. Sony is shady enough to make a deal like that, and Capcom is dumb enough to do along with a dumb deal like that.

The Xbox is no competition for anything really in Japan and Sony already doubled their numbers worldwide over Xbox so they probably don't see it as an issue for it to release on Xbox, but with the Switch they know that thing is selling amazing everywhere and dominating Japan currently and that Monster Hunter is huge on portables in Japan so the Switch version would probably destroy the PS4 version in Japan, hence why the rumor said Sony made a deal with Capcom for it not to release on Switch or something like that. 

Just a question, did Nintendo bought MH exclusivity for the 3DS? i mean there wasn't any reason not to bring it to the Vita too.

I honestly don't know the answer to that. I would guess maybe though? Maybe it was a deal for like one exclusive game at first and then once they saw how well that one sold then they just kept it on 3DS? I'm just guessing though. I do remember hearing about how Nintendo helped to promote the games and such for Capcom, or something like that, so maybe that had something to do with it as well. 

Around the Network
Valdath said:

I'd imagine a deal of some sort was struck initially with Tri Ultimate as at the time no one knew before launch Vita was going to struggle.

twintail said:
OTBWY said:

It is exclusive to the PS4 in Japan. Monster Hunter is a game that sells mostly in Japan (and is more popular than the games you listed). End of story, no goalpost widening. Seems like you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. Honestly, do you really, absolutely, believe that Sony wouldn't do this? For a game that arguably, it's absence cause their handheld console to not sell as well as it could have? Get real and listen to what people are telling you.

Man... you are seriously fanatical.

All you have presented are delusions based on something a random guy you dont even know said.

I have at least been able to back up what I have said.

Its not on X1 in JPN cause devs are skipping X1 in that region. Thats a fact.

Countless other Capcom games released on PS4 since Switch launched, have not released on the Switch. Thats a fact. 

Others have been announced without a Switch version even in the current climate of Switch selling well. That is fact. 

Capcom dont have a Switch version because they just dont, like countless other games of theirs from this gen. That is a fact.

Even the PC version is releasing after the console version because the team developing the game dont have the manpower or resources to get it done on time with the others. That is a fact. So a Switch version being as it is, means even more work. 

So Capcom messed up not giving the Switch more love. Deal with it. Thats the story of Capcom atm.

But hey if you want to believe this random conspiracy theory then go ahead. 

EricFabian said:

that other spin-off, can't remember the name, released on PS3, X360 and PC in Japan.

I'm not saying Capcom team up with Sony to take down Nintendo. Is just obvius to me. That's it

And those all sold better than the X1. the 360 did 1.5 million. the X1 is struggling to hit even 100k. Supporting the 360 and not the X1 is pretty simple maths really.

=p Not sure how you can defend Capcom this much.  Capcom always have deals with somehow, A Dead Rising  game for Xbox one, A Street Fighter game for Playstation some stay exclusive some are time exclusive. They were very fast porting a Monster Hunter game to the Switch and about MHW they have no interest to port it =p? They could have said like SE(DQXI) that a port to swith will happen but they didn't sounds rather suspicious =p. 

In the end it doesn't matter to me probably would play it rather on PS4 anyway but considering Capcom's history I am rather surprised if their was nothing going on...

Also want to add if Sony did nothing to stop MHW releasing on Switch...It would have been a big mistake from Sony and I don't believe you think that Sony is that dumb.

RolStoppable said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Probably a lack of supply during that drop

Speaking of Switch supply, shouldn't there be another raise incoming in fall?

Yes, but fall is a broad term. I've previously said that people shouldn't expect it to mean September, now we are almost through that month and it has indeed not happened. With Super Mario Odyssey's release in late October, that's pretty much the date when the next increase should be expected to happen, similar to how the first increase was kicked off with the Splatoon 2 release.

For Japan specifically, that will probably not manifest itself that strongly, because the holiday season in Japan starts later than in the rest of the world. America in particular should receive priority for Switch shipments in November while it's going to be a more modest increase in Japan.

Yeah, I thought I remembered something about another increase in production. I was also expecting it to come with SMO at first too, but considering how early it releases, it might not be in time for SMO and would only be really ready for black friday and Xenoblade 2

Surprised Nintendo didn’t go for even a small shipment increase with Pokken. Guess we can expect the same next week with FE Warriors.

Against my better judgement I’d like to dip one toe into the MH discussion, take this one observation and please don’t drag me into this mess.

World will support cross-play between the different versions, right? That’s unusual for Sony. Other devs have noted they are reluctant to allow it. Makes me think Capcom insisted on it. Which in turn leads me to believe Capcom had some kind of leverage in that negotiation.

Or, maybe Sony just went along with Capcom’s request because they’re a major publisher and an important supporter of PS4. That’s possible.

RolStoppable said:
FloatingWaffles said:

I would never hope for a company to fail, but I will say Capcom gets no sympathy from me in this case. They've just made dumb decision after dumb decision consistently and have been especially greedy regarding DLC and such. They only have themselves to blame.

If Monster Hunter World bombs, which at this point that's what they've really placed their bets on, maybe that will finally get them to fucking get their shit together.

Monster Hunter World won't bomb, but it won't meet their expectations either.

Regardless of what happens, it's unlikely that Capcom gets their act together. This is a company that has the personality of a whore, so they will sell themselves to anyone who makes a bid, always ignoring the consequences of such decisions.

Did capcom announce their expectations? 

the_dengle said:
Surprised Nintendo didn’t go for even a small shipment increase with Pokken. Guess we can expect the same next week with FE Warriors.

Against my better judgement I’d like to dip one toe into the MH discussion, take this one observation and please don’t drag me into this mess.

World will support cross-play between the different versions, right? That’s unusual for Sony. Other devs have noted they are reluctant to allow it. Makes me think Capcom insisted on it. Which in turn leads me to believe Capcom had some kind of leverage in that negotiation.

Or, maybe Sony just went along with Capcom’s request because they’re a major publisher and an important supporter of PS4. That’s possible.

Was cross play confirmed?