By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 18th - 24th September 2017

Bring Marvel VS. Capcom to Switch and you'll see a guaranteed sales spike.

Nintendo Domination

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Wrong. In Tokyo there are stores with switches available. And i havent seen any lottery being held since a month 

https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-switch-shortages-still-going-japan/

Yup, also people from Japan on Neogaf still reporting they are lotteries and that Switch is still sold out every week. With this sales last few weeks, it seems that Nintendo is shipping around 45k units per week in Japan, offcourse they will ship much more when Mario Odyssey arrives.

I would never hope for a company to fail, but I will say Capcom gets no sympathy from me in this case. They've just made dumb decision after dumb decision consistently and have been especially greedy regarding DLC and such. They only have themselves to blame.

If Monster Hunter World bombs, which at this point that's what they've really placed their bets on, maybe that will finally get them to fucking get their shit together.

Miyamotoo said:
OTBWY said:

Yup, also people from Japan on Neogaf still reporting they are lotteries and that Switch is still sold out every week. With this sales last few weeks, it seems that Nintendo is shipping around 45k units per week in Japan, offcourse they will ship much more when Mario Odyssey arrives.

Just last week there were switches available in an electronic store i visited. Dont know whats it called but it was huge. The building took an entire block. There was a gaming section on one of the floor. There werent any line inside or outside 

RolStoppable said:
FloatingWaffles said:

I would never hope for a company to fail, but I will say Capcom gets no sympathy from me in this case. They've just made dumb decision after dumb decision consistently and have been especially greedy regarding DLC and such. They only have themselves to blame.

If Monster Hunter World bombs, which at this point that's what they've really placed their bets on, maybe that will finally get them to fucking get their shit together.

Monster Hunter World won't bomb, but it won't meet their expectations either.

Regardless of what happens, it's unlikely that Capcom gets their act together. This is a company that has the personality of a whore, so they will sell themselves to anyone who makes a bid, always ignoring the consequences of such decisions.

I don't think it will bomb necessarily either, but yeah I agree that it probably won't meet their expectations, so perhaps to them they'll consider it a flop or bomb based on that. 

Around the Network
twintail said:

About as obvious as the similtaneous release on X1 am I right?

World is a PS4 exclusive in Japan

Click HERE and be happy 

RolStoppable said:
Since Japanese Switch sales have been stable for a few weeks, I wonder if the same holds true for the USA. Japan's baseline is ~20k higher than prior to the production increase, the supposed numbers for August in the USA indicate an increase to the weekly average by ~10k units (up from 40k to 50k). Europe is pure guesswork, but its shipments probably stayed flat. In the sum, this quarter Switch should ship ~100k units more per month which isn't much of an increase, but would be enough to clear the 7m mark (worldwide) by the end of September.

Good observation and it will be nice to see when the full numbers are revealed of how much Nintendo was able to ramp up production. It seems at least that Japan is benfitting mostly from it so far, and for obvious reasons. Still we are left to wonder what the acutal demand baseline for the Switch would be if there was enough stock everywhere.

Pinkie_pie said:
Miyamotoo said:

Just last week there were switches available in an electronic store i visited. Dont know whats it called but it was huge. The building took an entire block. There was a gaming section on one of the floor. There werent any line inside or outside 

Right.

twintail said:
EricFabian said:

World is a PS4 exclusive in Japan

Is it exclusive in the West?

Didnt think so.

I didn't say that and it doesn't matter anyway. Japan is important for MH and is a PS4 exclusive. There is some king of deal. Is pretty obvius

Click HERE and be happy 

Pinkie_pie said:
Miyamotoo said:

Maybe you went right in after they got their weekly shipments, but that really doesn't matter because with all reports we have (including link with report and evidances of huge lines and lotteries just 3 days ago) it's obvious they are still lotteries and that Switch is still sold out every week.

"Almost 7 months have passed since the launch of the Nintendo Switch. While it’s gradually becoming easier to find the Switch in North America and Europe, things haven’t improved much in Japan.

Every weekend, Nintendo Switch lotteries are still taking place across the country. Japanese Twitter user Kaztsu reported this morning 1388 people lined up for a Switch lottery at Bic Camera Akihabara for 100 units, and 478 people lined up for a Switch lottery at SoftMap Akihabara for 170 units.

Katzu also took a photo showing a reseller purchasing second hand Nintendo Switch units for 37,000 yen (USD330). A Nintendo Switch costs 32,378 yen (USD289) at retail, and the current resale price is 42,000 yen (USD375) on online auction sites such as Yahoo and Rakuten.