By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 18th - 24th September 2017

Looks like we should know what demand Splatoon 2 is now that it is not bundled anymore. Also with the Switch sales stabilizing it means productions has indeed gone up. Now I wonder if they will fix the holidays and the Mario Weekend.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Our weekly ps4 vs PS3 update from Hiska-san. Ps4 stretching thr lead. 

Okayish for switch. Weak for ps4 especially with all those releases this year.

OTBWY said:

The Switch is just doing it in Japan. What's crazy is that lotteries are still being held.

Wrong. In Tokyo there are stores with switches available. And i havent seen any lottery being held since a month 

twintail said:
OTBWY said:

MHW. It's pretty obvious. And before you call me a conspiracy nut, I have good reason to believe as such since it was leaked by someone who was right on the money about a multitude of things. I'm going to leave it at that.

About as obvious as the similtaneous release on X1 am I right?

You are a conspiracy nut. MHW would have been in development way before Capcom even got Switch dev kits which is why there is no switch version atm. That much is obvious to anyone who is actually thinking. 

So a port couldnt have been done by Capcom, probably one of the earliest companies to have a devkit(since you know, he was responsible for the Switch having a better CPU(the jump from 2gb to 4gb if Im not mistaken) when Nintendo asked for suggestions), in the 2 years time that the company had between the moment it got the devkit and MHW release?

Please.Be smarter.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Breath of the Wild is approaching Twilight Princess on the Wii.

twintail said:
OTBWY said:

MHW. It's pretty obvious. And before you call me a conspiracy nut, I have good reason to believe as such since it was leaked by someone who was right on the money about a multitude of things. I'm going to leave it at that.

You are a conspiracy nut. MHW would have been in development way before Capcom even got Switch dev kits which is why there is no switch version atm. That much is obvious to anyone who is actually thinking. 

Yeah, cause the X1 is so popular in Japan, MH's biggest market.

You're very naive (and probably very defensive of Sony), to think that Sony hasn't done as such. They did it with Street Fighter, why not again? Besides, the leaker was 100% right, why should I doubt the rest? And finally, porting to the Switch is not difficult, they could have ported it within the year they got their kits (Capcom was even involved in the development of the damned thing). If they were pressed for time, they would have announced it already for a release on a later date. Simple logic.

Pinkie_pie said:
OTBWY said:

The Switch is just doing it in Japan. What's crazy is that lotteries are still being held.

Wrong. In Tokyo there are stores with switches available. And i havent seen any lottery being held since a month 

https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-switch-shortages-still-going-japan/

Nautilus said:
twintail said:

So a port couldnt have been done by Capcom, probably one of the earliest companies to have a devkit(since you know, he was responsible for the Switch having a better CPU(the jump from 2gb to 4gb if Im not mistaken) when Nintendo asked for suggestions), in the 2 years time that the company had between the moment it got the devkit and MHW release?

Please.Be smarter.

Thank you.

twintail said:
Nautilus said:

Please.Be smarter.

I didnt realise you knew the exact date Capcom got the upgraded dev kit in relation to how far along they were with MHW development. Absolutely incredible.

Oh, and the Switch is still weaker than PS4/ X1/ PC. Pretty obvious they decided not to add a 4th sku to the mix so as to not increase their dev time and dev costs (hence the XX port)  In fact, thats pretty obvious from a lot of their other games. And a port will likely come later.

But clearly what is obvious is quite oblivious to you.

It seems that you are missing common sense.

For Nintendo have have upgraded such a basic thing to the Switch(which would need to be done before the official reveal), Capcom would have need to have acess to it long before the reveal.Not to mention that Capcom would have got one early regardless, seeing that he is one of the best Nintendo supporters, at least from the handheld side.That would put Capcom having a devkit at E3 2016 at the earliest, with chances of having it much earlier being very high.

And having a 4th version, having already made 3 other versions wouldnt have been that much bigger effort.Plus, they took the time to make a XOne version, one that would surely sell much less than a Nintendo version.If time was that much of a problem, they could have simply gone for the Switch version instead of the XOne version.And before you say it, multiple developers already said that the Switch is easy to develop for.Easy enough at least.

So yeah, be smarter.Things are quite obvious when you really think about it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1