By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 18th - 24th September 2017

Jranation said:
sethnintendo said:

Switch sales are about to get crazy this holiday season as long as Nintendo can keep the production going full speed.

Sorry factory workers no days off for you the rest of the year. 

Them poor robots :( 

SMT lines are more automated but still need some workers.  I'm assuming mechanical assembly is still mainly done by humans.  So the assembly, testing and packaging are probably less automated than you think.

Around the Network
Faelco said:
tbone51 said:

Yeah but SFII for switch > MvCI for ps4..... So 5mil userbase > 60mil confirmed?  Nintendo passed the test, sony/ms didnt! ;)

I hope you're joking (we can never be sure these days). Otherwise you compare blindly 2 different games and think that this comparison is worth something? That's not how it works.

Like I said, crappy games sell like crap. If Capcom releases good games on PS4, they will sell well, like all the huge sellers that we've seen lately on this console. 

Too bad that is not how executives think. They see their game selling bad on a system and their conclusion is one of two things.

1. The franchise is dead/caput, make no more of said game.

2. Our games don't sell well on that system, move to another system.

No where do they think, "hmm, if only we made the game better, or had less microtransaction woudl it sell better"

BTW, I heard that one of the big reasons for Worlds on consoles is because they feel that they can do microtransactions more on that system versus on handhelds. SO don't be surprised if we soon hear about some of that fun stuff closer to release. You know how WB ruined Shadow of War and NBA 2k18 is ruined by micro's.

Faelco said:
Kerotan said:

That's actually so true.  From the last few months the free ps plus games alone would keep you busy.  Hell we just got MGSV the phantom pain for free.  That's a huge time sink. 

No, no, no, they're right, of course!

You can only play one week old games. You're forbidden to play anything else on a PS4. So if you don't buy MvC, it can't be because you already own SFV, Injustice, or any other fighting game already released on the platform. Nor because you're busy playing other big games like all the other games released this year. No way!

/sarcasm

MvC is a huge flop and it's really not only because of the competition, nobody can argue that. But it's hilarious to see a few users here focusing on attacking Lawlight while completely failing (on purpose?) to understand anything he said. I guess it's fun and reassuring to feel like you're part of a band just by posting a one-liner or a random GIF. "Oh, gosh, you showed him, you're so strong!".... From what cheezy "Bully 101 Movie" does this line come from, seriously... Wouldn't want to waste too much time analyzing what's being said, right? 

They attack lawlight because of who he is not because of what he says which is 100% true.  It's the same as me.  They see my name and they'll go at me.  

Kerotan said:
Faelco said:

No, no, no, they're right, of course!

You can only play one week old games. You're forbidden to play anything else on a PS4. So if you don't buy MvC, it can't be because you already own SFV, Injustice, or any other fighting game already released on the platform. Nor because you're busy playing other big games like all the other games released this year. No way!

/sarcasm

MvC is a huge flop and it's really not only because of the competition, nobody can argue that. But it's hilarious to see a few users here focusing on attacking Lawlight while completely failing (on purpose?) to understand anything he said. I guess it's fun and reassuring to feel like you're part of a band just by posting a one-liner or a random GIF. "Oh, gosh, you showed him, you're so strong!".... From what cheezy "Bully 101 Movie" does this line come from, seriously... Wouldn't want to waste too much time analyzing what's being said, right? 

They attack lawlight because of who he is not because of what he says which is 100% true.  It's the same as me.  They see my name and they'll go at me.  

We attack him because he literally screams come at me. You dont see it, but if it were sony and not nintendo you be losing your mind with him. You wouldnt be able to handle him. Now that I think about it im glad he is anti nintendo... Or these threads would be 50+ pages long xD

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

We attack him because he literally screams come at me. You dont see it, but if it were sony and not nintendo you be losing your mind with him. You wouldnt be able to handle him. Now that I think about it im glad he is anti nintendo... Or these threads would be 50+ pages long xD

No I wouldn't.  There are Nintendo fans in here saying ridiculous things and I've not replied.  It just doesn't bother me.  It's just sad these little witch hunts that go on around here.  

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
outlawauron said:

Ah yes, so that's why every other major Capcom project continued on PS3/360. They were so scared off by the early years of the PS3, that they cancelled only one game in their catalog to reannounce it for a Nintendo platform while moving support of the same series to Nintendo platforms shortly after. I mean, I can understand concern over cost control, but at the time, the series was exploding and the MH team is huge. It doesn't matter what the platform is, the game has a huge budget. 

"It was a strategic decision set by the team and our Japanese management to address an emerging market on the Wii. At the time the decision was made, it was in reference to the Wii market in general, no particular sub-segement thereof." 
— Christian Svensson, Capcom’s Sr.Director of Strategic Planning and Research 

"I can’t discuss the localization issues at this time. As for the decision to bring it to the Wii, I think there were many. I think it’s fair to say that CJ wanted to bring one of its premier franchises (possibly THE premier franchise when you look at the Japanese market) to the broader audience that the Wii represents. At least, that’s one of many variables that pushed it in that direction." 
— Christian Svensson

Plus high costs

In Japan the PS3 got demolished by the Wii which made Capcom rethink things plus the development costs added to it, another thing is that the was never a PS3 prototype like you claimed earlier that's a lie the was only concept art. MH3 was only ever announced for PS3 but no game development ever took place outside of concept art.

Essentially eveything you claimed about MH3 is a fabrication on your part as no deal was ever done for it this was straight up Capcom changing their mind because of the situation, MH3 was announced for Wii  in Ocotober 2007 the first year of the Wii and PS3 to futher my point notice how other PS3 games Capcom had that had development started on them were all originally going to be PS3 only but suddenly had 360 versions pop up most famously was DMC4 which triggered that famous petition by certain PS fans to have the 360 version cancelled. This highlighted the impact the PS3's early problems had.

None of what Sven said contradicts anything I've said. I don't know how PR speak is supposed to be evidence of anything when nothing was actually stated.

What are you talking about with PS3 prototype? It was in development for a year. That is all I stated, and that is an absolute fact. I guess if you're naive enough to believe that Capcom cancelled a game and then started over on a new platform that they never made a MH on with no influence from Nintendo, then you're naive enough to think that no development took place outside of concept art in a year's time.

And I remember the PS3 -> PS3/360 things that happened very well. Assasin's Creed was thought to be another PS3 -> PS3/360 case. We do know that some of those cases had financial support from MS (whether from advertising or elsewhere), but none of those titles were cancelled either.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

3DS again under 20K :( the next big boost is going to be with Pokemon in November and Yokai Watch in December :)

outlawauron said:

None of what Sven said contradicts anything I've said. I don't know how PR speak is supposed to be evidence of anything when nothing was actually stated.

What are you talking about with PS3 prototype? It was in development for a year. That is all I stated, and that is an absolute fact. I guess if you're naive enough to believe that Capcom cancelled a game and then started over on a new platform that they never made a MH on with no influence from Nintendo, then you're naive enough to think that no development took place outside of concept art in a year's time.

And I remember the PS3 -> PS3/360 things that happened very well. Assasin's Creed was thought to be another PS3 -> PS3/360 case. We do know that some of those cases had financial support from MS (whether from advertising or elsewhere), but none of those titles were cancelled either.

The statement from Sven and the link highlight the game switched platforms because of the reasons I highlighted right now your claim is just that your very own claim with no rumour, no statement and no evidence to back it up.

MH3 never entered development for PS3 it was announced for the platform around 10 months prior to it being announced for the Wii with screens, a trailer for the game then came at TGS 2008, this highlights that the Wii game was always in development shortly after the PS3 announcement and is further backed by how the is not a single know PS3 asset of the game not even unseen64 have found any. Capcom were hit by the costs of HD development and saw the Wii doing well in Japan so before anything was done on the PS3 the project was moved and that's what it comes down to not some imaginary deal, for you to even think Nintendo had influence on Capcom back then after RE4 on the GC is a hilarious reach right now you're making all of this up.

You don't get the point of the PS3/360 part developers who ducked Xbox before were suddenly releasing titles on 360 because of the HD costs and the PS3's performance, these were games that were in development for PS3 long before launch and PS3 exclusives before all switching much to the dismay of a certain group of PS fans back then I still recall the whole FFXIII implosion after some people swore FF would never be on 360. Believe me Capcom had no brown envelopes from Capcom in bring their games over to 360 they were forced to.

The 2 most banned / Moderated users on Japanese sales threads are sticking up with each other........

Theres a reason why Lawlight was banned on posting to Nintendo threads...... if You don't see that.......

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Wyrdness said:
outlawauron said:

The statement from Sven and the link highlight the game switched platforms because of the reasons I highlighted right now your claim is just that your very own claim with no rumour, no statement and no evidence to back it up.

MH3 never entered development for PS3 it was announced for the platform around 10 months prior to it being announced for the Wii with screens, a trailer for the game then came at TGS 2008, this highlights that the Wii game was always in development shortly after the PS3 announcement and is further backed by how the is not a single know PS3 asset of the game not even unseen64 have found any. Capcom were hit by the costs of HD development and saw the Wii doing well in Japan so before anything was done on the PS3 the project was moved and that's what it comes down to not some imaginary deal, for you to even think Nintendo had influence on Capcom back then after RE4 on the GC is a hilarious reach right now you're making all of this up.

You don't get the point of the PS3/360 part developers who ducked Xbox before were suddenly releasing titles on 360 because of the HD costs and the PS3's performance, these were games that were in development for PS3 long before launch and PS3 exclusives before all switching much to the dismay of a certain group of PS fans back then I still recall the whole FFXIII implosion after some people swore FF would never be on 360. Believe me Capcom had no brown envelopes from Capcom in bring their games over to 360 they were forced to.

The link you linked cited Wikipedia.

For a game like Monster Hunter, the costs aren't as important. They maintain a huge team that is always working on the next game. The only thing that'll inflate the cost of development is the amount of time required (which were talking 2-3 years of development regardless of platform) or outside factors like marketing. If Capcom was truly hit hard by HD development costs and wanted to ride the Wii, then they any of their other dozen projects would have been moved to Wii like MH3. 

Do you truly believe that most of these publishers receive some sort of compensation for supporting platforms? It might not be as prevalent now as it was in that generation, but there are so many documented cases of people paying for exclusivity or just outright publishing (as Sony did with SFV and Nintendo did with MH4U and MH Stories). Resident Evil 4 is another perfect example of Nintendo paying for a game. The contract ran out and so they released it on other platforms. It's the same case with Dead Rising. Capcom is infamous for their partnerships with Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony.

It's also funny that you bring up FF13 because that never would have happened if not for MS paying for it.

I don't understand where the notion that Nintendo doesn't play the same games as everyone else comes from...

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.