By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia is waging war on the U.S. — Morgan Freeman

Talk about fear mongering. Stocking the fires in this way will only lead to a real war that we could lose. Personally, I think it's foolish to antagonise Russia and interfere with that country's interests just for old times sake.

I think that Russia is looking out for itself and trying to protect it's interests like any other country. The US can't really berate other countries for doing what they do.

Around the Network

Russia is doing what they can to get elected who they want in other countries and to let people in other countries believe what they want them to believe. But USA does the exact same thing, their intelligence services are also interfering everywhere and they also manipulate "everyone" on this planet.

So, I think he is right that this stuff happens but I think he should also ask the USA to stop doing what he criticises if it comes to Russia because it's not better what USA does just because it's the country he comes from (same with many other powerful countries)

StarOcean said:
Errorist76 said:

Sorry to use those words but you must be an despicable human being if that's really what you think. Heads up, Maria might be just heading for Ohio.

Oh lawrdy, I hope Maria comes

Star, you don't have to make posts like this in order to get noticed, you know.

VGPolyglot said:
StarOcean said:

I don't see what was wrong w/ what was said..?

StarOcean said:
VGPolyglot said:

I don't see what was wrong w/ what was said..?

I'll PM you if you want, not sure if we should continue this here.

Around the Network
teamsilent13 said:

Obama escalated things with Russia with his failed attempts to sanction the country. That is probably a big part in why Russia is helping (if they are helping?) North Korea and is trying to expand its reach in Crimea and such. We are sanctioning them and then they try to get easy trade by other means. Putin expressed willingness to work with US government, but then Obama just threw out all his diplomats. The idea of fighting a war against the other major military super power in the world is disgusting. I voted for Trump and I dislike Putin, but attacking Putin would create instability in one of the largest populated countries in the world. What's the plan and exit strategy against a country with the most nukes? What would our relationship with China be after such war?

As for the email hacking. Let's assume the unproven. That Russia actually did hack Hillary Clinton's emails. Well the issue here is that Hillary put her emails illegaly on an unsecure private server. That is Hillary Clinton's fault. The emails were real and exposed her as the snake she is. That is Hillary Clinton's fault.

Also, a lot of the voters in the rust belt who voted for Trump voted for Obama. Obama campaigned in those areas for Hillary. What does that tell you? It tells you that they wanted change. Trump made economic and immigration speeches which seemed to resinate with the rust belt. 

Trump still won fair and square as recounts took place in the rustbelt places solidifying his position. As for the popular vote, I still think it's inflated by illegal votes and a study by Old Dominion University put that number at around 800,000. I personally think it's much higher, but that's irrelevent. The electoral college was created by our founding fathers for this exact reason...to prevent the huge cities from dominating the majority of the country. Trump won the electoral college, no way around it. 

So did Russia win Trump the presidency in any way? Nope. Hillary was untrustworthy before the emails. A lot of people find it hard to trust Bill Clinton over the years. A lot of people find her less likable than Bill Clinton. A lot of Obama voters in the rust belt wanted change. 

Trump campaigned extensively in Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. He won these states by pretty slim margins. Especially Michigan where he won by 13,000 votes.

VGPolyglot said:
StarOcean said:

I hope that ya can talk him into toning it down a tad. 

I think the point of the video is somewhat valid BUT ultimately not helpful. Getting into another Cold War with Russia is not a good thing.

That said, we are entering into a new era I think, one in which America is no longer really the defacto superpower that they have been for most of post-World War II. We are entering a new century basically where China/US/Russia/India/Europe (minus UK) are the "big" players and they will have to learn to share since all their economies are intertwined.

Trump era is basically the clear beginning of the end of America as the defacto superpower as it'll never be taken as seriously again.

But that doesn't mean these groups are "friends" either, it's going to be more like a situation of people in high school who act like friends for the public but talk crap about each other the moment they turn their back. And yes, Russia would certainly not shed any tears if Europe or the US fall apart, it's good for them. That's just how the world works, no one in the West shed any tears when the USSR collapsed, they would not in the opposite situation.

As per the election do I think Russia wanted Trump elected? Yes, absolutely. He's a useful bufoon/idiot that they likely have embarrassing intel on that could be used as leverage on their part. And having an unstable leader at the head of the US weakens the US, which in turn is good for Russia. So sure, I think they wanted Trump.

But did they "hack" the election? Ehhhh, that's not really as easy to prove. They ran a negative counter campaign against Clinton ok. That's not really a war-worthy act though. Fact is Clinton still could've won and did win the majority vote, she also made mistakes in her campaign that cost her. Though I do think Americans who shrug this off should also ask themselves if they are OK with Russia interjecting themselves into every American election from now on, because that likely is going to become the new normal. 

Ah the Hollywood elite. It's so cute that they still think we believe that they have a clue.

*complains about "elite Hollywood"

*elects reality TV billionaire who's never worked a day of manual labor in his life

/Murica. lol.