By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - President Trump Threatens to "Totally Destroy" North Korea.

o_O.Q said:
cmay227 said:

Millions is a greatly overstated number.  Maybe 500,000 deaths over the last decade. The desicion to arm what you call terrorist is before so called people were considered terrorist. That's just reaching. You'd rather let's hundreds of thousands of people die untill you took action. If a person walks into a mall with a ar15 do you wait till they kill 2, 3 , 10 , 20 people before you say. Oh shit this guy is bad news let's take him out. Or do you take him out before he has a chance to kill? Especially if there is a history of killing by this person.  How many have to die before you can justify attacking someone?  Give me a number.

really? 500 000 deaths between iraq, lybia, syria in addition to other lesser conflicts? as far as i know iraq  alone is over 2 million civilian deaths

what would those people have died from alternatively? saddam? so why did they put him in power to begin with and support him initially?

secondly they claimed that the reason they had to invade iraq was to find weapons of mass destruction, this was their main stated goal, not saving the people of iraq from abuse ( which would be dumb since they just ended up killing more people than he ever could and destroying their infrastructure )

Source?  I'm not diminishing the amount of people who died, but I am contradicting the number you've been throwing around.

A study concluded in 2007 estimated a little over 1 million, but a more recent study concluded a more likely figure of 500,000.

Scientific surveys:

SourceEstimated violent deathsTime period
Iraq Family Health Survey 151,000 violent deaths March 2003 to June 2006
Lancet survey 601,027 violent deaths out of 654,965 excess deaths March 2003 to June 2006
Opinion Research Business survey 1,033,000 deaths as a result of the conflict March 2003 to August 2007
PLOS Medicine Survey[2] Approximately 500,000 deaths in Iraq as direct or indirect result of the war. March 2003 to June, 2011

Body counts:

SourceDocumented deaths from violenceTime period
Associated Press 110,600 violent deaths March 2003 to April 2009
Iraq Body Count project 112,667–123,284 civilian deaths from violence. 174,000 civilian and combatant deaths[4][5][6][7] March 2003 to March 2013
Classified Iraq War Logs[4][8][9][10] 109,032 deaths including 66,081 civilian deaths.[11][12] January 2004 to December 2009

Around the Network
Superman4 said:
cmay227 said:

If your neighbor beats his wife and kids every night and you know it's happening, do you just sit back and turn a blind eye? The US and the UN as a whole. feels it has a obligation to help defend those who can't defend themselves from power hungry leaders of other shitty countries who rule by oppression and fear. You can be the guy who watches your neighbor eventually kill his family or his family kill him. Or try to intervene and remove the issue from the situation. By any means necessary with a attack being the last resort. The US as a country has give more money to other countries as well as aid in many forms,then it does in its own backyard. 

This.   Do people really think that Kim will only attack S Korea or Japan? Once he has a stockpile of nukes he could and probably would attack China as well.

You people are crazy if you really think he'd be so dumb to do either of that. His nukes are his life insurance. He'd be long gone if he didn't have any.

CaptainExplosion said:
Errorist76 said:

1. They aren't, at least not in this case.

2. Just like Russia they don't want an U.S. controlled country at their own border. Easy to understand.

I'm not saying have a US controlled country at their own boarder, I'm just saying get rid of the Kim dynasty.

Which would mean a reunited Korea - ergo a US controlled country at their border.

Soundwave said:

Trump can't do shit. Even Bannon admitted publically, there is no serious military option for North Korea that makes any sense. 

This is Trump doing his stupid transparent "salesman" posturing where you come in "high" and then negotiate down to a price you want, but geopolitics is not the New York real estate market, Kim isn't some real estate developer trying to sell a bulding on Madison Avenue, he doesn't give a shit about any of this posturing. 

The only thing threatening Kim does is it reinforces NK's belief that they must have nuclear weapons as a detterant. 

A dictator who executes his own uncle and then follows it up with the execution of his uncle's entire family doesn't just acquire weapons "to have as a deterant".

Soundwave said:
The only message this sends to "Rocket Man" is that the nuclear program of NK must be accelerated and given more importance.

Exactly...it's a provoking action from a 12 year old against a 10 year old.

Dangerous and ignorant behaviour of an immature man child with too much power.

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
OdinHades said:
Comments like these are the exact reason why NK started developing nuclear weapons in the first place.

It's the only way to defend yourself from random attacks from the US.

cause the US attacks random nations all the time.  And don't say Iraq people called that stuff out and both Dems and Repubs thought there were WMDs there.  Plus evil dictator and all.

Sorry to dredge up an old post, but did anyone tell him that NK has WMDs and an evil dictator?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Aeolus451 said:
StarOcean said:

I like to think education wise, Im decently informed. Esp after being in 25+ schools and counting! The difference between a rich school and a poor one is staggering! The kinds of people you meet in poor vs rich tend to also be very different

I should have specified what I meant with that. I wasn't really talking about the education part of your comment but rather you posting in political threads.

Keep in mind, this console war is pretty boring. Sony clearly won. So, to me, there's not much to discuss about that side of the site unless we're talkin' Switch potential or Pokemon/Mario/Zelda news. Or to defend Dragon Quest series from ignorant people e.e So besides those things, politics is the only thing to discuss at the moment. To be honest, once Trump is out... I'll probably lose most interest in politics again... unless Americans are dumb enough to elect Kanye West... which would make even Trump look smart...

CaptainExplosion said:
It feels like the only way this can be avoided now is if they assassinate fatso and take out his next of kin.

Why kill millions when we only need to kill a few?

I'd send in the SEALs and dispatch a high concentration of US troops near the 51st parallel aka DMZ. You send the SEALs into Pyongyang and take out the key leaders of government from the top down. After the country crumbles, the South Korean and Americans could pretty much just walk in and take over the country.

It would take a very long time to undo all the brainwashing of the North Korean citizens though.

Ninja Edit: They could also mean that the military would just drop a MOAB on Pyongyang.

Sigh. Just get it over with. At this point it's getting stale.

Hunting Season is done...

Jumpin said:
Trump is a chicken hawk and a liability. Why haven't you Americans gotten rid of him yet?

Because there he hasn't done anything that is worth impeachment.

forest-spirit said:
Teeqoz said:
No country should ever be "flattened" based on the actions of a very tiny portion of the population at the top. Jesus christ, are people okay with killing 25 million people? How on earth can people defend this? I hate the North-Korean leadership as much as the next guy, but I'm not just going to swallow anything a political figure says just because some other political figures are worse...

Because genocide is fun. Unless you're one of those silly SJW people.

What's so silly about fighting for social justice?