By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 'Damn, don't be so triggered'

Should I have been harsh?

Yes, he needed it 38 40.86%

No, you should've approached it calmly 32 34.41%

See results 23 24.73%

Total:93

https://youtu.be/LG4hOjJ9tEs

Op, maybe your the one trying to be edgy?

Around the Network

a white person (? or was he asian? black himself) cant say "my nigga" to his friends......

what happends then?

"I then yelled at someone with anger for the first time since middle school. I said his humour is shit and that he hides his pathetic sense of comedy behind 'irony' and edge, and that I only pretended to be his only friend because I didn't want anyone ever having to deal with him. By then I'm sure he realized there was nowhere to go after this, so I left him and haven't said a word to him in a few days."

Just so we re clear, your thing was MUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH worse than what he did.
And your a horrible friend, next time if you dont like a person, dont tell them you want to be a friend.

Sounds to me like you shouldn't be triggered so much.

It always baffled me that people choose shitheads as friends and then complain that their friends are shitheads.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

jason1637 said:
The guy sounds like a loser. Taking a step back from him was the right choice imo.

Right action... but horrible way to do it. (if you dont like people, dont tell them "okay lets be friends")

OP sounds like a bigger tosser than his so called "friend" (which he didnt even consider him, he never liked him).

He basically conned him for months, and lied to him, and then just exploded on him, with a much more personal attack than what his "friend" did to him.

If your friends with someone that goes "hey nigga" and you exploded on them, the first time it happends, jeez.

I had friends that where black, say "hey whitey" (because I was a white kid in a mostly black school), and never felt triggered by it. 

Also "hey nigga" thing has changed meaning, you see it in tv shows with friends saying it to one another (in a non harmfull way).

vivster said:

Sounds to me like you shouldn't be triggered so much.

It always baffled me that people choose shitheads as friends and then complain that their friends are shitheads.

OP acted much worse than his "friend".

Its not like OP is much better than the "shithead friend".

Around the Network

What's humourous about calling someone the n word?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

if its a friend that says "hey my nigga" or "hey nigga" it doesnt mean anything bad at all.

Its not humor, but if that kid is say white or asian, its probably the only person in the world he can say that too, and not offend anyone with. He probably see's other black kids say that to one another, or on tv shows they do it, so he wants to have that with his friend.

Thats probably why he did it, to bond with his "friend".

Then the OP blows up in his face, admits to conning him (he says he was never his friend, and admits he never really liked him) and lying to him for months, and basically attacks his person and character.

JRPGfan said:
jason1637 said:
The guy sounds like a loser. Taking a step back from him was the right choice imo.

Right action... but horrible way to do it. (if you dont like people, dont tell them "okay lets be friends")

OP sounds like a bigger tosser than his so called "friend" (which he didnt even consider him, he never liked him).

He basically conned him for months, and lied to him, and then just exploded on him, with a much more personal attack than what his "friend" did to him.

If your friends with someone that goes "hey nigga" and you exploded on them, the first time it happends, jeez.

I had friends that where black, say "hey whitey" (because I was a white kid in a mostly black school), and never felt triggered by it. 

Also "hey nigga" thing has changed meaning, you see it in tv shows with friends saying it to one another (in a non harmfull way).

I actually haven't been friends with him for long.

If I flatout hated him, I would have never been angry with him. He's a good person, but the forced humour reached a point where it was hard to talk to him.

I never said I hated his guts and wished he died. I only said I had an issue with his forced comedy. He has the ability to crack a funny joke with some originality in it. That's why I was completely baffled by him constantly using edge.

Of course, I apologized to him yesterday. I don't condone what I said to him at all. 

JRPGfan said:
AZWification said:

if its a friend that says "hey my nigga" or "hey nigga" it doesnt mean anything bad at all.

Its not humor, but if that kid is say white or asian, its probably the only person in the world he can say that too, and not offend anyone with. He probably see's other black kids say that to one another, or on tv shows they do it, so he wants to have that with his friend.

Thats probably why he did it, to bond with his "friend".

Then the OP blows up in his face, admits to conning him (he says he was never his friend, and admits he never really liked him) and lying to him for months, and basically attacks his person and character.

I actually don't mind if someone says nigga, but blurting out nigger to me in front of others is disrespectful. 

I went too far when I said I was never his friend, but at this point the past is the past.

The thing about dark humour is that it has to actually have humour. There are few things worse than an unfunny dark joke.

You have to vary things, if you have a fat friend fat jokes are okay but if they're the only jokes you make and all the time it's just not funny. When people find out I'm okay with black jokes they then spend the next 2 hours throwing everything out they know and then wonder why I walk away.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
The thing about dark humour is that it has to actually have humour. There are few things worse than an unfunny dark joke.

You have to vary things, if you have a fat friend fat jokes are okay but if they're the only jokes you make and all the time it's just not funny. When people find out I'm okay with black jokes they then spend the next 2 hours throwing everything out they know and then wonder why I walk away.

The thing about humor is that it's entirely subjective. A virtue-signalling SJW won't have the same humor as an unapologetic racist.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames