Forums - General Discussion - 'Damn, don't be so triggered'

Should I have been harsh?

Yes, he needed it 38 40.86%

No, you should've approached it calmly 32 34.41%

See results 23 24.73%

Total:93
Azuren said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
The thing about dark humour is that it has to actually have humour. There are few things worse than an unfunny dark joke.

You have to vary things, if you have a fat friend fat jokes are okay but if they're the only jokes you make and all the time it's just not funny. When people find out I'm okay with black jokes they then spend the next 2 hours throwing everything out they know and then wonder why I walk away.

The thing about humor is that it's entirely subjective. A virtue-signalling SJW won't have the same humor as an unapologetic racist.

I get your point, but when it came to him and I, the only issue I had was the forced nature and terrible timing.

I laugh at many dark jokes on here, but the difference is that they come unexpectedly and are related to the subject. It's why I had no issues with him in the beginning. Even though I didn't laugh at everything he said, he still properly introduced a joke at a right time. 

By now though, I've seen both sides of people's take. Some believe I did the right thing, some believe I was too harsh, and a few thought I should've abandoned him. 

I'm not exactly sure why he ever opened up to me after what I said to him, but I honestly believe apologizing to him and not ditching him was a smart idea. 

Around the Network

I'll throw a dark joke out there which one can substitute the state with any redneck state.

What do you call a virgin in West Virginia?

A girl that can run faster than her brothers.

Azuren said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
The thing about dark humour is that it has to actually have humour. There are few things worse than an unfunny dark joke.

You have to vary things, if you have a fat friend fat jokes are okay but if they're the only jokes you make and all the time it's just not funny. When people find out I'm okay with black jokes they then spend the next 2 hours throwing everything out they know and then wonder why I walk away.

The thing about humor is that it's entirely subjective. A virtue-signalling SJW won't have the same humor as an unapologetic racist.

Of course those 2 wont have the same humour but I feel there is a semi-objectiveness that comes to comedy where there are things that most people enjoy and find funny. I've laughed at the darkest of shit, but 'hey what's funny? Rape' isn't a joke, there are levels of wit needed that humans in general find funny. 

sethnintendo said:
I'll throw a dark joke out there which one can substitute the state with any redneck state.

See, that's a solid joke. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

sethnintendo said:

I've heard the joke before, but it's actually decent. Running up to a person and shouting 'nigger' on a college campus with black people everywhere isn't a joke.

It's as unoriginal as pointing to some random Muslim or Sikh person as shouting 'terrorist'. Congratulations, a word was said. Now, where's the joke?

monocle_layton said:
sethnintendo said:

I've heard the joke before, but it's actually decent. Running up to a person and shouting 'nigger' on a college campus with black people everywhere isn't a joke.

It's as unoriginal as pointing to some random Muslim or Sikh person as shouting 'terrorist'. Congratulations, a word was said. Now, where's the joke?

Yea you can go dark humor which I do often but it has to have a punch line or some kind of structure, story or whatever to the joke.  I'm more into situational humor myself where something happens and then I am first to say something that is about the funniest thing you can say of the situation which then allows others to pile onto the joke with whatever they can come up with also.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
Azuren said:

Of course those 2 wont have the same humour but I feel there is a semi-objectiveness that comes to comedy where there are things that most people enjoy and find funny. I've laughed at the darkest of shit, but 'hey what's funny? Rape' isn't a joke, there are levels of wit needed that humans in general find funny. 

And then comes along someone who laughs at it, proving it's subjective. You don't have to have wit for people to think your jokes are funny: just look at Trevor Noah.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

And then comes along someone who laughs at it, proving it's subjective. You don't have to have wit for people to think your jokes are funny: just look at Trevor Noah.

I didn't say 100% I said it's semi-objective. There are things that 'most' people find funny. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Azuren said:

I didn't say 100% I said it's semi-objective. There are things that 'most' people find funny. 

That's not "semi-objective", that's popular opinion.

You can't have something that's "semi-objective", it goes against what objective is in the first place. It's like saying I have semi-cancer. No, it's either currently cancerous or it isn't.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

BraLoD said:
Pussy!
But seriously, you either tell him you don't like it and with a normal reply like that, as you left it go for a long time, you just tell him again seriously you don't like it, or you just get away from him if he doesn't stop.
Yelling at the dude for being the same he has ever been around you out of the blue just makes you look bad, and weird.
He didn't know you disliked it until you told him, don't expect him to understand all this load of frustation you held to yourself.

Yeah, I suppose not telling him out of fear of hurting him made more damage when I blew up. Not sure why I never said anything, but at this point I'm not gonna ignore the dude. He texted me, and at this point it's clear that I have to be a better person to him. No reason why I should be shitty to him if he is still comfortable with being personal with me.

AZWification said:

What's humourous about calling someone the n word?

Not a thing it also isn't a form of dark humour but an insult which lacks way to much creativity to be called humour. Here is an example the sentence you are the bomb has an entirely different meaning in the US than in the caliphate. For Americans it's a compliment in the caliphate it's an argument.

But to end with a golden oldy dark humor is like food not everyone gets it.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar