By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - You'll float too! Anyone see "IT" yet?

I hope it's good. I liked the old mini-series and the book.

Around the Network

I'm not sure, but ofc, Stellan has been in a lot of things as well. I was mesmerized by Alexander and his lack of clothes... :(

SegataSanshiro said:
I will never forget Tim Curry .

Tim Curry was the only highlight of the original. Other acting performances were terrible and Pennywise did nothing but showing his pointy teeth and then for some reason left. Overall it was pretty boring too.

Gonna watch the remake tonight. Trailers and reviews are very promising. The kids are acting like each of them could be winning an oscar and Bill Skarsgard looks terrifying. 

IkePoR said:

"Let's make him look dark and scary" vs. "I'm an actor and I will genuinely terrify you"

You're comparing art for the purpose of marketing with an actual screenshot of the original. This is the new Pennywise in the remake. Pretty damn good if not better if you ask me.

HintHRO said:
IkePoR said:

"Let's make him look dark and scary" vs. "I'm an actor and I will genuinely terrify you"

You're comparing art for the purpose of marketing with an actual screenshot of the original. This is the new Pennywise in the remake. Pretty damn good if not better if you ask me.

I wasn't being literal when I said "dark and scary."  Point still stands. The fear of Curry's Pennywise comes from how he looks friendly, but absolutely isn't.  The new one's got "edgy" written all over it.  

Curry's outfit and hair are so ridiculous and look so out of place that he sticks out; he looks like a proper clown.  New one looks like something you'd see at a Comic-con or a cheap haunted house.    Perhaps it's better in motion, I hope it is, I want to see it.  But the stills just aren't threatening, mate.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

Nope, not me, no thanks.

IkePoR said:

There's no denying that Tim Curry is a legitimately terrifying actor when he wants to be, but having seen a clip of the movie from the storm drain scene, Skarsgard's performance is pretty much spot on what you'd expect from Pennywise.

Fantastic movie, probably the best remake/reimagining of any movie i have seen. The opening scene was more than i could have imagined it to be and so glad they had the balls to go as far as they did, instead of going soft like most horror movies. This is a definite buy once released on blu ray.

Just saw it. A lot better than i thought it would be. Very good. Much better than the Indisious and Conjurings of this world.

The Pennywise design didnt impress me though. Some of the supernatural / cosmic stuff threw me off too but i get that stuff is in the book.

The only thing the original series has over this is Tim. Other than that this is easily the best remake, probably simce The Thing.

Side note, Chastain must be cast as Marsh in part 2.

IkePoR said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

That's your opinion. I have my own.

As adults neither clown will give us nightmares or terrify us, but as a kid, i was terrified , just as any young kid watching the remake will shit his pants.  But i have to say after watching both, in the remake he appears to be more terrifying, where as in the original, watching it as an adult, he seems almost likeable and a mad man, one that you can escape from,  but not scary.  The effects and the way he moved in the remake made him scarier. Though the music effects of the original scared me.