By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One demand will surpass supply (Poll included)

How much of an impact will these factors have on demand?

None at all 214 50.23%

A minimal impact 156 36.62%

A significant impact 33 7.75%

A major impact 23 5.40%

Total:426

The XBOne X is already a niche product for a niche audience. Microsoft's offer translates into buying a console more expensive than its competition (at release it will be the most expensive console in the market) through nothing more than horse power. All the XBOne games will come to the regular model, and has very few exclusives compared to its competition.

If the XBOne X had been released alongside the PS4 Pro, it would have stood a better chance. Now it's too late.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

caffeinade said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
"...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards."

Ahhhh...this post makes a lot more sense now.

A little harsh.

CGI-Quality said:
"...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards."

Ahhhh...this post makes a lot more sense now.

Unnecessary.

You're right. I'm sorry for the rude comment OP.

DroidKnight said:
potato_hamster said:

This is completely nonsensical.

VGChartz shows the gap at 2.66 million.

Yeah, exactly. You expect the Xbox One to outsell the PS4 by 3 million in 2018?

DroidKnight said:
potato_hamster said:

VGChartz shows the gap at 2.66 million.

I suppose you never correctly heard me the first time, so allow me to repeat it.

You're right. I'm sorry for the rude comment OP.

You're good.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

I'm not sure if even the people at Microsoft believe this but they're probably hoping for that scenario. To be honest I don't think PUBG will be as big on consoles as it is on PC but I could be wrong. Even then I don't see MS doing the numbers you suggest. Keep in mind I own an Xbox One and will be upgrading to a One X and I still can't see this happening. I think sales may spike around launch and they may hold at a respectable number around the holidays due to sales but then reality will kick in.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

DroidKnight said:

I also foresee Xbox One sales surpassing the PS4 sales for the United States before the end of 2018.

.... theres like a 3m gap? and its just growing and growing.

I dont see Xbox One closeing the gap, the XOX hasnt suddenly made xbox a more popular or selling brand.

Exclusive wise things still look dire for the xbox, both in 2017 and 2018 vs the PS4.

DroidKnight said:

Now let me address the "ELEPHANT" in the room.  PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.  Microsoft was able to negotiate publishing rights with Bluehole's game, but the question is how long is the exclusiveness?  If it's a month to 3 months, I don't think it will make too large of an impact on Microsoft's console sales.  But it they have a year of it being an exclusive or an exclusive period, then this is the game changer.  Bluehole has been quiet now on any information regarding this.  PUBG is a beast on PC currently, and will be as well on console.  10+ million sales on Xbox One easily.  This game is barely in early access, only has one map, few game modes and is selling like hotcakes.  New maps are on the way and mods are being discussed.  This game will sell consoles (alot of them). 

PC users enjoy differnt things than console users.... a game like CS-GO is pretty popular on the pc, but would it sell well on a console?

Its way to early to assume PUBG will get 10m on the xbox platform alone, or turn things around for xbox.

As a thread nazi I approve of this thread. You may continue.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I don't see Xbox One taking the lead in US by the end of the year. By the end of the next year if everything goes great maybe.

Barkley said:

"I also foresee Xbox One sales surpassing the PS4 sales for the United States before the end of 2018." This reminds me of The Drill too much.

"I meant globally in the US"

RIP TheDrill