By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One demand will surpass supply (Poll included)

How much of an impact will these factors have on demand?

None at all 214 50.23%

A minimal impact 156 36.62%

A significant impact 33 7.75%

A major impact 23 5.40%

Total:426
KBG29 said:
DroidKnight said:
The excitement I had for new powerful hardware apparently wasn't shared. PubG did well on the console, but I'm not sure how close it got to the 10 million. The 4K points I made had little to no impact on sales. Sales jumped for a little bit, but overall sales remained the same for 2018 that were shown in 2017. I was clearly wrong about closing the gap in the US sales against PS4.

This I believe is the worst sales prediction I've made on here, and hopefully I learned something about letting my enthusiasm affect my judgement.

I'm not scared to try any type of food, I can take my crow prepared anyway it's served.

For what it's worth, XBO X got me excited about Xbox. Xbox Game Pass with 1st Party games day 1 got me to buy XBO X. Sony's lack of support for the PS4 OS, Apps and Services got me to buy a XBO S for the Bedroom. Finally, getting my old Windows Desktop back from my Brother after he upgraded from it, combine with Game Pass on Windows, lead to me buying a new AMD based Windows Machine.  

That is just me, but Xbox sales have been on the rise. Mat Piscatella said XBO has the higest growth of the big three, and XBO X is doing phenomonally.

On top of that, I have heard many people talking about going back to Xbox over the last few months. 

I think Microsoft is doing some incredible things right now. It may not be enough to overtake PS4, but it is definitly setting them up to take a shot at outselling PS5. Microsoft is closing the gap between making every Xbox a Windows Device, and Every Windows Device an Xbox. I know many in this community mock that Xbox 1st Party Games going to PC, but in reality, it makes every PC and Xbox, which means you are not limited to how and where you play your games. In the long run, if Microsoft means game anywhere, at any level, while PlayStation is you play the games we allow you to, on this box connected your TV. Then Microsft is going to wipe the floor with Sony in the long run. 

Remember, it took PS4 4 years to get where it is. You were kind of jumping the gun with how fast things would swing. Change takes time. 

I don't know what is up with you and this obsession with a unified OS, but making predictions based on who has one and who doesn't isn't going to turn out well for you. All PS5 needs next gen to beat it's competition is a good jump in power, which Ryzen and Navi will give them, a ~$399 price tag, and Sony to keep pumping out high quality exclusives, which they always do. No gamer gives a crap about if their phone uses the same OS as their console or TV or laptop.  That's why Windows is #1 on PCs, Android is #1 on phones, and many TVs use their own solution or Roku.

And having your "exclusives" launch on a console and PC makes the console less necessary.  A PS5+PC (and you can add in a Switch, as well) will be a MUCH better combo if you want to play every game possible. Where if you get a XB2 alone, or even with a PC, you are missing out on a lot.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
flashfire926 said:

As we speak PUBG just came out on PSN and was the number one most downloaded game last month. 

Honestly, saying pubg is dead is trolling at this point since we have a lot evidence suggest otherwise.

But you can be certain that the 1 year it took to launch on PS4 and Fortnite coming earlier did a good impact on total sales PUBG can have on the platform.

Yes, of course. You're absolutely right about that. However, it's stil far, FAR from being dead.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

JRPGfan said:
jason1637 said:

This. PUBG actually still has more players than Fortnite.

PUBG has 400m lifetime players and 227m monthly players.

Fortnite has 200m lifetime players and 78.3m monthly players.

https://mmos.com/news/pubg-hits-400m-total-players-227m-monthly-active-users-87m-daily-active-counting-mobile

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/fortnite/2018/9/20/17884036/how-many-fortnite-monthly-players-2018

Must be nice being a dead game.

But only like 50m of those players are on Pc + Console.
The majorty of those 400m players (~350m ish) are from Smart Phone users, from like China.

I think in the west, on pc and consoles it does look like fortnite killed it.

And exactly why, does smartphone and China not count? What are you trying to say here? 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
JRPGfan said:

But only like 50m of those players are on Pc + Console.
The majorty of those 400m players (~350m ish) are from Smart Phone users, from like China.

I think in the west, on pc and consoles it does look like fortnite killed it.

And exactly why, does smartphone and China not count? What are you trying to say here? 

He might just be counterarguing with Jason1637 , but in this thread was about ONEX and PUBG's impact on the PS4 versus XBOX console sales race,so they have no relevance here.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
flashfire926 said:

He might just be counterarguing with Jason1637 , but in this thread was about ONEX and PUBG's impact on the PS4 versus XBOX console sales race,so they have no relevance here.

Jason and JRPG were discussing PUBG vs. Fortnite in general. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
mjk45 said:

Jason and JRPG were discussing PUBG vs. Fortnite in general. 

Well they should make a new thread  if they want to continue that.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

flashfire926 said:
DonFerrari said:

But you can be certain that the 1 year it took to launch on PS4 and Fortnite coming earlier did a good impact on total sales PUBG can have on the platform.

Yes, of course. You're absolutely right about that. However, it's stil far, FAR from being dead.

Certainly is very far from it. And the promotion in Brazil for PSN (1 year) +PUBG for less than 40 USD was quite good value for who likes the type of game. If taking out the price of the PSN on regular price here the game would being sold for 13 USD.

Shadow1980 said:

Basically, the One X bumped sales up from the rather disappointing levels they were at in 2017, and even delivered the XBO its best-ever Q1 in 2018 (in the U.S., at least), but wasn't enough to make 2018 as a whole the XBO's peak year. And the only software to significantly impact XBO sales was RDR2, which gave a noticeable YoY bump for October alone. Certainly an improvement, and solid sales overall, but it didn't take the #1 spot for the year in the U.S. Given how similar the PS4 and XBO are in terms of capabilities and game libraries, it was always highly unlikely that the XBO could have turned itself around and consistently beat the PS4 on a monthly basis in the U.S. Inertia is a cruel mistress, and we almost never see a system experience some massive turnaround after a slow start (the Genesis and PS1 are the only exceptions).

Not to forget that 2017 was a bad year on the start because of X1 reveal.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Shadow1980 said:
DonFerrari said:

Not to forget that 2017 was a bad year on the start because of X1 reveal.

Yeah. That does certainly seem to be the case. The XBO had only a small YoY decline in 2017, but that decline accelerated starting in June when the X1X was fully revealed:

Interestingly, while the XBO was up YoY for November thanks to the X1X launch, the XBO was still down YoY in December. Supply issues, maybe? The X1X did help the XBO to have its best-ever Q1 and second-best Q2 in 2018, though.

Supressed demand on a console that is still quite healthy can do that.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."