By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One demand will surpass supply (Poll included)

How much of an impact will these factors have on demand?

None at all 214 50.23%

A minimal impact 156 36.62%

A significant impact 33 7.75%

A major impact 23 5.40%

Total:426

The excitement I had for new powerful hardware apparently wasn't shared. PubG did well on the console, but I'm not sure how close it got to the 10 million. The 4K points I made had little to no impact on sales. Sales jumped for a little bit, but overall sales remained the same for 2018 that were shown in 2017. I was clearly wrong about closing the gap in the US sales against PS4.

This I believe is the worst sales prediction I've made on here, and hopefully I learned something about letting my enthusiasm affect my judgement.

I'm not scared to try any type of food, I can take my crow prepared anyway it's served.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
The excitement I had for new powerful hardware apparently wasn't shared. PubG did well on the console, but I'm not sure how close it got to the 10 million. The 4K points I made had little to no impact on sales. Sales jumped for a little bit, but overall sales remained the same for 2018 that were shown in 2017. I was clearly wrong about closing the gap in the US sales against PS4.

This I believe is the worst sales prediction I've made on here, and hopefully I learned something about letting my enthusiasm affect my judgement.

I'm not scared to try any type of food, I can take my crow prepared anyway it's served.

For what it's worth, XBO X got me excited about Xbox. Xbox Game Pass with 1st Party games day 1 got me to buy XBO X. Sony's lack of support for the PS4 OS, Apps and Services got me to buy a XBO S for the Bedroom. Finally, getting my old Windows Desktop back from my Brother after he upgraded from it, combine with Game Pass on Windows, lead to me buying a new AMD based Windows Machine.  

That is just me, but Xbox sales have been on the rise. Mat Piscatella said XBO has the higest growth of the big three, and XBO X is doing phenomonally.

On top of that, I have heard many people talking about going back to Xbox over the last few months. 

I think Microsoft is doing some incredible things right now. It may not be enough to overtake PS4, but it is definitly setting them up to take a shot at outselling PS5. Microsoft is closing the gap between making every Xbox a Windows Device, and Every Windows Device an Xbox. I know many in this community mock that Xbox 1st Party Games going to PC, but in reality, it makes every PC and Xbox, which means you are not limited to how and where you play your games. In the long run, if Microsoft means game anywhere, at any level, while PlayStation is you play the games we allow you to, on this box connected your TV. Then Microsft is going to wipe the floor with Sony in the long run. 

Remember, it took PS4 4 years to get where it is. You were kind of jumping the gun with how fast things would swing. Change takes time. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

DroidKnight said:

PUBG had 8m xbox players awhile ago. It will hit over 10m sales on xbox probably. 

I guess this necro was to show the supply hadn't any issue against demand.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DroidKnight said:

A respectable notion to admit this :)

Around the Network

Another bad prediction that didn't come true.

jason1637 said:
DroidKnight said:

PUBG had 8m xbox players awhile ago. It will hit over 10m sales on xbox probably. 

And Fornite has like 200m+ (unique players) by Nov 2018. 
I dont blame the OP though, it was impossible to know before hand how big Fortnite would be.
Fortnite basically killed PuBG.

JRPGfan said:
jason1637 said:

I dont blame the OP though, it was impossible to know before hand how big Fortnite would be.

PUBG has more players total and more montly active players when we count up all the platforms.

DroidKnight said:

We know PUBG has more than 9 million players (probably past 10 now). I mean, that pretty good for a console that has sold around 40 million.

In the US, sales jumped A LOT compared to 2017, not just a little bit. Infact I think it's tracking to be peak year (with 2015 right on it's heels).  Though still not enough to catch PS4.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

JRPGfan said:
jason1637 said:

As we speak PUBG just came out on PSN and was the number one most downloaded game last month. 

Honestly, saying pubg is dead is trolling at this point since we have a lot evidence suggest otherwise.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.