By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Police Union President Calls Black Lives Matter Protesters 'a Pack of Rabid Animals'

Tagged games:

VGPolyglot said:
palou said:

I think that bringing it up is generally unproductive, as it tends to add to the tensions. Like, if you believe that police shootings is a problem for your community/people, just campaign agains police violence in general. No need to formulate you message in a way that it excludes people of other ethicities affected by the same problem.

State your demands as: people should have a right to (x), instead of MY people should have a right to (x).

Ignoring it is not just going to make everything better. If there are certain groups that are disproportionately affected, it makes sense to bring attention to that.

discrimination is an inherent part of the experience of being a living being with a fair degree of awareness

everyone discriminates daily across various criteria including but not limited to sex, race, age, attractiveness, etc etc etc

to be frank people that think that somehow we are going to eradicate discrimination through education do not understand what discrimination is and lack self awareness

but that doesn't mean however that measures should not be put into place to curtail it to some degree so everyone has a fair shot and that is why we have laws against discrimination under certain conditions but the laws were never put there to encourage the idea that somehow discrimination is going to vanish over time

and the reason for that is the same reason that a communist state without a government cannot exist - because people are different in a very large number of ways and we innately select based on those differences

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
palou said:

I think that bringing it up is generally unproductive, as it tends to add to the tensions. Like, if you believe that police shootings is a problem for your community/people, just campaign agains police violence in general. No need to formulate you message in a way that it excludes people of other ethicities affected by the same problem.

State your demands as: people should have a right to (x), instead of MY people should have a right to (x).

Ignoring it is not just going to make everything better.

Of course not. But I really do not see what benefit it brings to start bringing up the race of affected individuals. 

I'm under the impression that the distinguishment of race is one that is not inherent to man, but rather adopted through culture. We are, at core, mimics - impregnated are concepts that we have contact with, no matter which context. I believe if we could simply avoid every possibility to mention or point out race, as a concept, it would slowly but surely dissapear as an idea in the minds of future generations - and if the distinguishment isn't recognized in the first place, it cannot cause any discrimination or tension.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

o_O.Q said:
monocle_layton said:

I don't think it's stupid. I was mocking the people who whine about free speech, but criticize people who protest the police and government :(

the same people that call themselves communist? that are so stupid that they don't understand that communism requires a large all encompassing government to run?

Nice strawman. Seems like its made of pretty good material

VGPolyglot said:
Locknuts said:
Secondly: stop dividing people based on the colour of their skin! That's fucking racism right there

So, is acknowledging racism considered to be a form of racism?

You need to provide actual evidence that racism is a motive before screaming about racism.

Don't just assume that the colour of a persons skin is even a factor until proven otherwise.

Everyone needs the calm way the f* down. Maybe talk with each other and resolve these problems peacefully instead ever harder mud slinging. You're not going to resolve anything in a shouting match.

And maybe reform the police academies in the USA because you guys have a serious problem.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Wow, at least when Mel Gibson did this he was out of a job for a few years! (jk)

I don't see the similarity between what they said.

monocle_layton said:
o_O.Q said:

the same people that call themselves communist? that are so stupid that they don't understand that communism requires a large all encompassing government to run?

lol its not a strawman, there's a massive overlap between both groups that you appear to be unaware of

BLM is literally about saving lives, the opposite of BLM is to destroy lives. So the true meaning of the counter argument against BLM is the opposition of life, to destroy life. Sick fucks.

loy310 said:
BLM is literally about saving lives, the opposite of BLM is to destroy lives. So the true meaning of the counter argument against BLM is the opposition of life, to destroy life. Sick fucks.

Sarcasm? I don't know if my detector is broken or not.

o_O.Q said:
monocle_layton said:

lol its not a strawman, there's a massive overlap between both groups that you appear to be unaware of

Pretty sure a good amount of people protesting against power abuse from the police aren't communist. That's as ridiculous as stating anyone who criticizes BLM is a neonazi and white supremacist. Instead of just stating there's a massive overlap, provide statistics. We aren't going to gain anything from generalizations