By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NBA 2K18 for Switch has same content and modes as PS4 version, runs at 30fps

As someone who over the course of their life has put 100's, maybe even 1000's of hours into 2K and NBA Live, I can't imagine playing a basketball game at 30 fps.

Around the Network

30fps is far from ideal in a game like this, fortunately I'm not intereseted on Basket games, however I think is worth to mention that on hanhelds framerate is usually more forgiving, many psp games were 20fps and people didn't even noticed, so if you plan to play it only on the go, maybe is not that bad.

Im pretty sure the 60FPS comments come mostly from the PC side. Ninty fans have plenty of sub-30 exp thanks to classics such as the 3D Zeldas.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Barozi said:
30FPS for a sports game? Looks like they made a wrong decision.

I was thinking the same thing.

It's a good thing sd cards are getting cheaper. I just get a 256gb for $100, so this isn't too bad

At least the physical version won't require an install. My 500gb storage on my xb1 gets filled quickly due physical games needing to be installed and being 70+ gb :/

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
curl-6 said:

It's 25GB.

Holy balls!

Luckily I have a 256gb SD card but that's still a big chunk of data!

Not sure why it's so big tbh... lots of audio commentary perhaps?

Well, they DID go out of there way to get Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant to do guest commentary for the game.

I might get this at release even though I don't even have a Switch yet, just to show support. I'm still playing 2K13 on the Wii U...

curl-6 said:
d21lewis said:

Holy balls!

Luckily I have a 256gb SD card but that's still a big chunk of data!

Not sure why it's so big tbh... lots of audio commentary perhaps?

Audio is one of the biggest culprits of unneeded bloat.  I remember when Titanfall came out and it was 50GB and had 30GB of audio.  Keep in mind it had a limited soundtrack  AND limited dialogue cause there's no singleplayer campaign.

It looks very smooth and perfectly playable from videos even at 30 fps, don't see what the issue is.