By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor: Mayweather won!

Who is going to win?

Floyd Mayweather 204 66.02%

Conor McGregor 105 33.98%

Total:309

The match was entertaining alright. Especially with Connor faking clinches then grab Floyd on the hips while trying to do some pussy punches. Or those hammer fists that just seems to slide off of Floyd's shiny bald head.

What we betted on was whether Connor will actually try to elbow, knee, takedown, or even do a spinning back fist. Needless to say, we were disappointed.

Around the Network
Kirin_gaming said:
Kerotan said:
Entertaining fight and mcgregor did himself proud. Made about 100m for the fight too. mayweather would have made close to 300m. Not bad for a guy on welfare 4 years ago. Congrats conor. Looking forward to your ufc return.

Has he paid the money back?

Pretty much 50% of his earnings goes to the taxman. And being the legend he is he's chosen to pay them in ireland,  unlike bono and Co. He's done so much for this country. 

Dallinor said:
theRepublic said:
I made money from a co-worker. Easiest bet ever. Fight went exactly as expected. Well, I thought it would end a little earlier, but not by much.

Cards were released. Two of the judges had McGregor only winning the first round.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729753-mayweather-vs-mcgregor-scorecard-breaking-down-each-judges-marks-before-tko

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/27/16210100/floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-scorecard

That highlights one of the many real problems with boxing at the moment.

Boxing is corrupt to the core.  Did you see what happened in the Olympics with the Russian boxers being handed victorys even in matches where they were destroyed!

Kerotan said:
Kirin_gaming said:

Has he paid the money back?

Pretty much 50% of his earnings goes to the taxman. And being the legend he is he's chosen to pay them in ireland,  unlike bono and Co. He's done so much for this country. 

Dallinor said:

That highlights one of the many real problems with boxing at the moment.

Boxing is corrupt to the core.  Did you see what happened in the Olympics with the Russian boxers being handed victorys even in matches where they were destroyed!

boxing is certainly one of the easiest sports to corrupt and has a lot of issues, but I personally would not label the Olympics as a good exampe of that. I am assuming you are talking about the heavy weight gold fight, it was actually a very close fight, remember Olympics is purely a points based decision, it doesn't matter that Levit was doing the most damage and certainly would have beaten him had the fight gone longer, I personally I think the russian lost but not by much.

I'm just going to leave this here.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
FIT_Gamer said:
Jumpin said:

Apparently the 30 million is 10X more than he made in his last UFC fight - and that's for losing; Mayweather made more than triple for winning. Either it shows how much more popular boxing is, or it shows how disgustingly underpaid MMA fighters are in the UFC.

A little of both. The most modern form of professional boxing has been around for over 100 years. Professional MMA less than 30. Needless to say boxing has a way larger fanbase and more major sponsors making those paydays possible. 

Also UFC pays most of the guys pretty low. Most of them are lucky if they can make 50K on a fight. That's with performances bonuses. That's why so many guys make the move to Bellator. They pay their fighters better.

Not only that there are people who still view MMA as barbaric and dangerous. When it reality it's track record shows that it's safer than boxing. 

They pay some fighters better. The upper echelon UFC fighters get paid more than any other MMA fighters. It's just far less than top level boxers. Conor and most champions get PPV points. His guaranteed salary for the second Nate Diaz fight was 3 million. After his cut of the PPV it was over 10 million. Bellator has had two underwhelming PPVs. While there are a few exceptions, Rory MacDonald and Gegard Mousasi come to mind, most of the fighters that Bellator pays are over hill fighters that the UFC no longer wants.

Around the Network

I wish someone would knock that wife beater off his high horse

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

nanarchy said:
Kerotan said:

boxing is certainly one of the easiest sports to corrupt and has a lot of issues, but I personally would not label the Olympics as a good exampe of that. I am assuming you are talking about the heavy weight gold fight, it was actually a very close fight, remember Olympics is purely a points based decision, it doesn't matter that Levit was doing the most damage and certainly would have beaten him had the fight gone longer, I personally I think the russian lost but not by much.

There were a ton of rigged fights in the Olympics and no I'm not referencing yours.  Katie Taylor and Michael conlon are 2 other examples. 

I should have put money on Mayweather. I knew he would kick his ass.