By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor: Mayweather won!

Who is going to win?

Floyd Mayweather 204 66.02%

Conor McGregor 105 33.98%

Total:309

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

That outcome was obvious

Wyrdness said:
Ariakon said:

Yeah, but Rousey actually got thumped in a fight that she was heavily, heavily favored to win. Conor went ten rounds with a boxing great in his first pro fight and never actually left his feet. I understand the internet will internet, but this showing wasn't embarassing in the slightest for McGregor. Ah well, anything for a meme, right? 

She lost because she tried to box in that fight instead of her usual judo, as for CM it wasn't a bad showing but Mayweather never seemed troubled at the same time he basically schooled CM on boxing and the latter was about to drop when the ref stepped in. After the trash talk CM was throwing out about ruling boxing only one thing was going to happen when gets schooled and KOed by a 40 year old.

He went 10 rounds mainly because Mayweather's style goes for the long haul he knew he was always going to win if it went long, had CM fought someone like Canelo or Golovkin the fight would had ended even quicker especially as the myth of CM's punching power got dispelled fast.

Mayweather is 40? Damn, he seems to be aging very well.

Now the age old question is answered, who would win in a fight, a retired boxer in his 40s or some jerkass UFC fighter?

Answer, the retired boxer in his 40s

I guess the outcome wasn't obvious for nearly 40% of people here.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

That fight was a freaking joke. Conor talked all that shit and he got tired on the 4th round. This is the definition of a BS fight.

It's simple, Conor was not conditioned, because UFC fighters aren't trained to do 10 rounds so maybe he'll be better prepared if they do a rematch.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

That fight was a freaking joke. Conor talked all that shit and he got tired on the 4th round. This is the definition of a BS fight.

It's simple, Conner was not conditioned, because UFC fighters aren't trained to do 10 rounds so maybe he'll be better prepared if they do a rematch.

The fight was pretty impressive IMO. Connor did get tired but some of the later rounds were pretty close. Mayweather had better stamina since he's an expert so he lasted better in the later rounds. Overall the match was entertaining.

Aeolus451 said:
I was hoping that conor would win but oh well. He lasted 10 rounds against one of the best boxing champs so I'm happy with that. I'm sure that mayweather realizes that he wouldn't survive 1 round in MMA.

He wouldn't survive ten seconds lol. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

He was after the purse. He didnt care if he couldnt beat Floyd. Anyone who took Conor seriously and didnt see his real intent deserved to be laughed at. Those two are probably going to hawaii to enjoy some drinks after this. Ask any man on the street if he would take a beating for 100 million dollars. I dont think you would be surprised by the result. Theres a reason why they call him money mayweather. Fighting him will make you rich.

Just read on SB nation that Conor only gets $30 million of his purse.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Aeolus451 said:
I was hoping that conor would win but oh well. He lasted 10 rounds against one of the best boxing champs so I'm happy with that. I'm sure that mayweather realizes that he wouldn't survive 1 round in MMA.

He would last more.

It would all be part of the contract scripted lol.

Mayweather would ensure he get somthing out of it before he sign the dotted line.  

These guys are more entertainers than true sportsmen. They smart enough to reliase money comes first for them before the too old and takig unnecassary risks.  Entertainment brings bums to seats also, so need to put on a show o the punters spend money.

Cobretti2 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

He would last more.

It would all be part of the contract scripted lol.

Mayweather would ensure he get somthing out of it before he sign the dotted line.  

These guys are more entertainers than true sportsmen. They smart enough to reliase money comes first for them before the too old and takig unnecassary risks.  Entertainment brings bums to seats also, so need to put on a show o the punters spend money.

So, in other words McGregor lasting ten rounds was all part of the script. Glad I'm not a fan of either of these sports.