By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor: Mayweather won!

Who is going to win?

Floyd Mayweather 204 66.02%

Conor McGregor 105 33.98%

Total:309
COKTOE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Anyone who thought connor was going to beat Floyd based on skill is kind of loopy, but everyone has a punchers chance. Connor won in the end because hes now in a higher paygrade than anyone in the UFC. Watch ...because hes now still going to be the most arrogant guy in the UFC. When he talks about money, you cant tell him hes wrong.

Oopsie daisy. I have your back though. :)

LOL Thanks. Hhaha yeah theres no one in MMA more arrogant than him. You're right. HAHA

Around the Network
Ariakon said:

Yeah, but Rousey actually got thumped in a fight that she was heavily, heavily favored to win. Conor went ten rounds with a boxing great in his first pro fight and never actually left his feet. I understand the internet will internet, but this showing wasn't embarassing in the slightest for McGregor. Ah well, anything for a meme, right? 

The showing wasn't embarrassing. The fact that he challenged him in the first place and then his antics before the fight were. So he deserves both pummelings from Mayweather and the internet.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Floyd wore a ski mask because he and Connor ran off with everyones money! Hahaha

vivster said:
Ariakon said:

Yeah, but Rousey actually got thumped in a fight that she was heavily, heavily favored to win. Conor went ten rounds with a boxing great in his first pro fight and never actually left his feet. I understand the internet will internet, but this showing wasn't embarassing in the slightest for McGregor. Ah well, anything for a meme, right? 

The showing wasn't embarrassing. The fact that he challenged him in the first place and then his antics before the fight were. So he deserves both pummelings from Mayweather and the internet.

He was after the purse. He didnt care if he couldnt beat Floyd. Anyone who took Conor seriously and didnt see his real intent deserved to be laughed at. Those two are probably going to hawaii to enjoy some drinks after this. Ask any man on the street if he would take a beating for 100 million dollars. I dont think you would be surprised by the result. Theres a reason why they call him money mayweather. Fighting him will make you rich.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
vivster said:

He was after the purse. He didnt care if he couldnt beat Floyd. Anyone who took Conor seriously and didnt see his real intent deserved to be laughed at. Those two are probably going to hawaii to enjoy some drinks after this. Ask any man on the street if he would take a beating for 100 million dollars. I dont think you would be surprised by the result. Heh

So he's a prostitute now as well.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Aeolus451 said:

You're right that he won in the end but not for those reasons. An amatuer boxer lasted 10 rounds with one of the best boxing champs there was and wasn't knocked on his ass. He actually did fairly well. He's main problems were stamina and he seemed to have trouble staying within the rules of boxing.  

Yes, but thats an amatuer boxer. The conditioning is still more similar so it still stands to reason. Everything else is based on skill. MMA training is tough, but the cardiovascular condition is nowhere near boxing. ;)

Conor was already the highest pain UFC fighter by far before there was even whispers of a conor vs floyd fight and he was already arrogant but in a very entertaining way. He's the perfect role model for any MMA fighter who wants to get paid alot. 

Connor wanted more than what the UFC offers and Dana knew he couldnt hold his ego back (can't beat him, then join him in getting a cut of the perhaps, billion dollar gravy train). Fighting floyd in one match made him more than his entire MMA career. Hes smart...but not a role model. You have to get into the superstar level to cross over and he took everyones money. Floyd made more (as usual), but it doesnt Connor is now in the 100 million club.

He's a role model in the sense to where all MMA fighters should aspire to reach. Most UFC fighters suck at hyping/promoting their fights. Conor is a genius at that and he delivers most of the time on his shit talking. 

Yes, he's made more in this one fight than he has in any other fight but he was already listed in forbes top paid athletes early in the year (feb I think) at 22 mil for just this year. I don't know what he made up to this fight for year on top of that.  They were giving him a percentage of the pay per views earnings and a share of the company. The event is win-win for the UFC and it's fighters. 

vivster said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

He was after the purse. He didnt care if he couldnt beat Floyd. Anyone who took Conor seriously and didnt see his real intent deserved to be laughed at. Those two are probably going to hawaii to enjoy some drinks after this. Ask any man on the street if he would take a beating for 100 million dollars. I dont think you would be surprised by the result. Heh

So he's a prostitute now as well.

I think the word is hustled. LOL Im guessing thats why Floyd dressed like a bank robber.

Aeolus451 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

He's a role model in the sense to where all MMA fighters should aspire to reach. Most UFC fighters suck at hyping/promoting their fights. Conor is a genius at that and he delivers most of the time on his shit talking. 

Yes, he's made more in this one fight than he has in any other fight but he was already listed in forbes top paid athletes early in the year (feb I think) at 22 mil for just this year. I don't know what he made up to this fight for year on top of that.  They were giving him a percentage of the pay per views earnings and a share of the company. The event is win-win for the UFC and it's fighters. 

Its true that being a narcissistic loudmouth makes you a draw in entertainment, but it all makes sense as to why trump is our president now if you think that psyche is correct. Its now completely clear. Floyd Mayweather is a great boxer but as a person hes no role model either. 

McGregor looked drunk after about the 5th round and ran out of gas. I guess props to him for not getting completely KO-ed, but Mayweather even at age 40 was light years beyond him after those two first rounds.

The ref stopped it at the right time because McGregor was likely going to be knocked into the third row in the following 60 seconds.

Anyways should be a nice wake up call to the MMA dude-bros who think an MMA guy would be able to seriously go at a real seasoned boxer on their own turf. Nope. I don't McGregor even threw a single punch after round 2 that had any real chance of hurting Mayweather.

Shit, that is a disappointing no-show from The Undertaker.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1