By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo was never doomed

Azuren said:
Azzanation said:

Yet it was only 1 gen ago Nintendo were the best selling in both home console (Wii) and Portable (DS/3DS). 

Which was quickly followed up by the Wii U and the 3DS. Hmm.

Quickly? The Wii lasted a decade and the 3DS is far from a failure. I honestly dont see your point. Last gen Nintendo was killing it and there Portable devision has never been threatened. 

So they stuffed up with WiiU sales.. dont ignore the Wii existed.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
gentii said:

Playstation make money Sony Looses LoL

Sony Sees Highest Profit Since 1998

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-28/sony-sees-highest-profit-in-two-decades-on-games-phone-cameras

Bruh all the points you made itt have been wrong lol. Why did u make this thread about Sony when u tryna defend Nintendo's honor? 😂

You really believe thats Sony phone have profit? OMG but Xperia division its a dissaster ?? Picture Division dissater???? TV division dissaster? You need more cok guzel? Lol lol LOL

Moderated ~ CGI

Azzanation said:
Azuren said:

Which was quickly followed up by the Wii U and the 3DS. Hmm.

Quickly? The Wii lasted a decade and the 3DS is far from a failure. I honestly dont see your point. Last gen Nintendo was killing it and there Portable devision has never been threatened. 

So they stuffed up with WiiU sales.. dont ignore the Wii existed.

The Wii lasted five years, and the 3DS still needs to power through another 15m before it isn't the worst selling Nintendo handheld that Nintendo still acknowledges.

They turned things around in Gen 7 because they sought a new market, and it paid off big with the single most successful generation any company has seen. Then they got it in their heads that they're the big man on campus and can do whatever they want; the same problem Sony had from PS2 to PS3 and Microsoft with XB360 to XB1. The 3DS had such a shaky launch they had to essentially relaunch it with a much lower price. And the Wii U wasn't just "stuffed up", it was Nintendo's greatest failure. It wasn't a failed experiment, like Virtual Boy- it was a full-fledged attempt at a home console that did worse than a Sony handheld that has no first party support and is practically discontinued at this point.

No one's ignoring the Wii's existence. But if Nintendo starts ignoring the Wii U's existence, then they will probably repeat history.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

gentii said:

You really believe thats Sony phone have profit?

Sony's mobile communications division made a profit of $91 million last fiscal year.

Barkley said:
gentii said:

You really believe thats Sony phone have profit?

Sony's mobile communications division made a profit of $91 million last fiscal year.

After loss $550 million, in the previous fiscal year. Lol

Around the Network
gentii said:
Turkish said:

Sony Sees Highest Profit Since 1998

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-28/sony-sees-highest-profit-in-two-decades-on-games-phone-cameras

Bruh all the points you made itt have been wrong lol. Why did u make this thread about Sony when u tryna defend Nintendo's honor? 😂

You really believe thats Sony phone have profit? OMG but Xperia division its a dissaster ?? Picture Division dissater???? TV division dissaster? You need more cok guzel? Lol lol LOL

You literally don't know what you're talking about and are just trolling at this point.

Division performance ranked from best to worst:

Semiconductors 55.4Bn yen profit

Financial Services 46.2Bn yen profit

Music 25Bn yen profit

Imaging Products & Solutions (IP&S) 23.2Bn yen profit

Home Entertainment & Sound (HE&S) 22.6Bn yen profit

Game & Network Services (G&NS) 17.7Bn yen profit

Mobile Communications (MC) 3.6Bn yen profit

Pictures 9.5Bn yen loss

Only Sony Pictures lost money, everything else is "çok güzel". 👌  Also whats this gibberish "OMG but Xperia division its a dissaster"? How do u grammer? If English is too hard for u go learn Turkish and come back to me lol.

Is it beating PS4 though? Launch day, it had higher sales because it launched in more countries, including Japan.PS4 launched only in US and Canada, then Europe 2 weeks later, and then Japan about 4 months later. Once all was said and done though, PS4 had a very solid baseline and has been maintaining it ever since.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Turkish said:
gentii said:

You literally don't know what you're talking about and are just trolling at this point.

Music 25Bn yen profit

Pictures 9.5Bn yen loss

Only Sony Pictures lost money, everything else is "çok güzel". 👌  Also whats this gibberish "OMG but Xperia division its a dissaster"? How do u grammer? If English is too hard for u go learn Turkish and come back to me lol.

That's awesome news. Do you sharing a link? So I can use the info. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

It surely looked doomed to me back in the WiiU days. They sort of learned with their mistakes, but I wouldn't take Switch's early success for granted just yet. Keep playing wisely every year and try to earase the bad reputation that the wiiu left.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
DialgaMarine said:
Turkish said:

Music 25Bn yen profit

Pictures 9.5Bn yen loss

That's awesome news. Do you sharing a link? So I can use the info. 

https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/fr/17q1_sony.pdf

U prolly can find that in article form but there is the source.