By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo was never doomed

Wyrdness said:
DélioPT said:

The first part of your post highlights exactly what I'm talking about in your replies in that you come up with things that aren't even said in this this case when you are told more products doesn't automatically mean more consumers your response is arguing against everyone having the same tase when that was never said, it also highlights how you again have no response to the Gen 2 example.

Xbox was at 20m 3 years into its life when MS annouced they were dropping it sales dropped after that as MS cut all support for it, its performance was very similar to what X1 does tbh it just couldn't match the PS2. The rest of your sentence again makes no sense I think its time you sit down and reread things properly as you're starting to come up with random comments now.

No mate you brought in consoles vs portables when I highlighted that before Gen 7 they were on even footing at which you tried claiming consoles were always ahead then I showed you the performance of them which started your goal post moving shenanigans and yes they were on even footing because the one platform you're comparing selling 118m means it outsold all other platforms like it or not these are cold hard numbers you can't deny in any shape or form I'll keep telling you that until you swallow it.

No I compared GB to SNES and MD not the GBA, this is again another example of you failing to remember the points you're arguing against I'm starting to think you're well out of your league here at this point.

GBC was another model for the GB a platform already out and it took 9 years for them to finally have a portable with color when that tech was around and viable for years prior why? Because the was no strong competition to force the issue you claiming its progression is like saying New 3DS is significant progression because it has a better processor, this circumstance flat out shoots down your whole narrative here, Sony shook the industry and Nintendo with their anouncement that they're entering the portable market with the PSP to the point Nintendo had to drop GBA to bring forward the DS to not risk another PS1 style takeover. The fight Sony and the PSP put up influenced their R&D which is what competition does. No changing points here you just seem to be struggling and tripping over your own arguments.

I'm going to give this one last try.

Everyone having the same taste was never said. That's correct.
Problem is, that's exactly what you implied when you assumed that if there wasn't a Vita, those 16m sales would have been passed to 3DS.

Actually, XBox sales were at 24m (shipment numbers) by the end of 2005 (4 years on the market, not 3).
End sales, as provided by vgchartz are 24,65m.
Yes, Xbox had a ton of life in...

I gave you the amount of handhelds and home consoles sold between 1983 and 2001. I even gave you the totals just for the time where HH and HC were on the market at the same time.
In no way, were they on par... in no way.
Can you say that X HH outsold Y HC? Yes. Other than that, there's nothing else you can say. And that's ignoring how long that HH was on the market vs the time Y gen of HC was on the market.

"No I compared GB to SNES and MD not the GBA, this is again another example of you failing to remember the points you're arguing against I'm starting to think you're well out of your league here at this point." 
"
I highlighted that in its gen GBA outperformed both SNES and MD to the point that both platforms were even outsold by it combined" - written by Wyrdness.

"The fight Sony and the PSP put up influenced their R&D which is what competition does."
Quote 1 - “Actually, after the SP, we were working on the newest model in this range. The code name for this new Game Boy was IRIS, like the flower"
Quote 2 - “President Iwata then came to see me. He was obviously bothered and he said: ‘l talked to Yamauchi-san over the phone and he thinks your console should have two screens… A bit like the multi-screen Game & Watch, you see?’ Everybody is aware of this, but what people do not know is that at the time, everybody hated this idea, even Iwata himself. We thought it did not make any sense.”

Soure: https://kotaku.com/the-man-who-worked-on-the-original-game-boy-explains-wh-1790673619

Have a nice day, Wyrdness.

Around the Network
DélioPT said:

Lol it wasn't implied in anyway you've effectively admitted to making that part up even the Vita part was never said or implied either, you've admitted to fabricating a point to argue against here. 360 was anounced 3 years into the platforms life not 4 years unless you believe MS anounced it then released it the next day, MS themselves even started developing 360 2 years into the Xbox's life.

You combined the total of around 7-8 consoles across 3 generations to compare to the GB the kicker is that it was a flawed attempt at rebutting the point which was about performance of the portable market and guess what 118m is on par or better than their home console counterparts performance hardly rocket science to understand. As for your quote I read back through each post and the is not what you say in any of them either you read a typo before it was corrected or you skim read each post.

Again your quote not only says nothing to back your stance but also contradicts your own argument earlier when you were arguing that DS was a third pillar and not part of the GB range now you're using quotes confirming it was a GBA successor, not only that you failed to remember I already told you new platforms are always in development and to further add irony to the final part of your post you again quote something out of context because that part of the post was referring to the 3DS and ended up proving your own earlier argument wrong, congratulations you debunked yourself.

Wyrdness said:
DélioPT said:

Lol it wasn't implied in anyway you've effectively admitted to making that part up even the Vita part was never said or implied either, you've admitted to fabricating a point to argue against here. 360 was anounced 3 years into the platforms life not 4 years unless you believe MS anounced it then released it the next day, MS themselves even started developing 360 2 years into the Xbox's life.

You combined the total of around 7-8 consoles across 3 generations to compare to the GB the kicker is that it was a flawed attempt at rebutting the point which was about performance of the portable market and guess what 118m is on par or better than their home console counterparts performance hardly rocket science to understand. As for your quote I read back through each post and the is not what you say in any of them either you read a typo before it was corrected or you skim read each post.

Again your quote not only says nothing to back your stance but also contradicts your own argument earlier when you were arguing that DS was a third pillar and not part of the GB range now you're using quotes confirming it was a GBA successor, not only that you failed to remember I already told you new platforms are always in development and to further add irony to the final part of your post you again quote something out of context because that part of the post was referring to the 3DS and ended up proving your own earlier argument wrong, congratulations you debunked yourself.

I'm not gonna bother with the first part...

Xbox came out in November 2001; XB360 was announced in February 2005 and released November 2005.
Xbox was out about 4 full years before being replaced.

"performance of the portable market"
I analysed that same performance in two ways. In both ways the portable market was proven to not be on par with the home console market.
You then spoke about the awesome GB (or GBA... who cares) who sold more than any other home console (even when combined).
Your conclusion: the portable market was selling on par with the home console because one handheld achieved a total sales like no other console.
I tried to point out that you weren't looking at the big picture (time spent on the market) and how you "shifted" your point to be right.
No point in discussing this again.

"As for your quote I read back through each post and the is not what you say in any of them either you read a typo before it was corrected or you skim read each post."
I quoted you saying GBA better than MD+Snes combined. 
Even if you corrected yorself you were still critizing me knowing perfectly well of that mistake?: "No I compared GB to SNES and MD not the GBA, this is again another example of you failing to remember the points you're arguing against I'm starting to think you're well out of your league here at this point." 

What i said about the DS (dev. included):
DS was always part of their R&D plan and it was not changed because of PSP;
Nintendo has their own way of making consoles;
If Nintendo wanted to develop a competitor to PSP, they would have gone with a GBA 2.0.

What that quote showed was that they were indeed thinking about a sequel to GBA (whatever that means), but it wasn't until the former president's call, that DS came to be.
So, your idea that PSP tampered with DS development, was wrong.
DS was born out of a "request" from the late Nintendo president.

You have shown that you aren't willing to think about the things you say, to stay on topic and not change your goalposts and you are bent in denying the big picture.
There's really no point in continuing.

Thanks for the conversation.

DélioPT said:

That's the official anouncement yes the platform itself was known about for a while before that much like Switch was known about 2 years before its official announcement last holiday.

No mate you started the argument on consoles vs portables with out any clarification on your logic unlike you I didn't read between any lines so just looked at performance of the portables, even I've already detailed the flaw in the approach you took.

If you read the whole paragraph even with the typo you'd know what I meant because the rest of the paragraph mentions GB you'd only not realized that if you just read the first line and not the whole post itself again the mistake is still down to you on that one, I can't help you understand if you don't read.

Again the R&D part highlights you not reading points properly, read all the posts again please then you'd see the DS part I said the PSP forced the platform out early while the part you quoted was talking about the 3DS' R&D, quoting things out of order and context doesn't help your argument it just further goes against your point. The article ironically doesn't even say anything for your point as it doesn't disprove PSP forced Nintendo to drop GBA in 3 years and it doesn't disproved my point about the 3DS either.