By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Secret of Mana 3D remake announced for PS4, PS Vita, and PC

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Just found out this game existed. Cool.

I have already scheduled friend and hubs for that weekend in February, this is insane and makes me so happy!!

Around the Network

Why not on Switch? I honestly dont get some devs. Oh well PC port should be good

HOLY F**KNG $#!T !!!!!!!!!!!!

This was on my list of one of the things i really wish happened!! Did not see this coming!!! Please let there be a physical copy WW (unless i missed the news that there will be one)

Fuck yeah. It's been years since the last time I played this masterpiece.

Shikamo said:

Square Enix has announced a 3D remake of Secret of Mana for PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PC (Steam). It will launch digitally worldwide on February 15.

So the only portable version is launching on a dead platform rather than the highly sought after Switch.  Square Enix never fails to baffle with their decision making...

This would be akin to releasing the console version on Wii U instead of PS4.

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:

So the only portable version is launching on a dead platform rather than the highly sought after Switch.  Square Enix never fails to baffle with their decision making...

They literally just announced Dragon Quest Builders 2 for Switch. On top of Lost Sphear; the Seiken Dentetsu Collection that released in Japan etc. etc.

Square-Enix are fine supporters of Switch and it will get many, many games from them going forward.

This game was probably in development for quite a while and Vita is the platform that received its predecessor (Adventures of Mana). I get it, everyone loves Switch, but the port-begging just spirals out of control so easily with Switch, moreso than any console I've ever seen. Crikey.

Kresnik said:
Mandalore76 said:

They literally just announced Dragon Quest Builders 2 for Switch. On top of Lost Sphear; the Seiken Dentetsu Collection that released in Japan etc. etc.

Square-Enix are fine supporters of Switch and it will get many, many games from them going forward.

This game was probably in development for quite a while and Vita is the platform that received its predecessor (Adventures of Mana). I get it, everyone loves Switch, but the port-begging just spirals out of control so easily with Switch, moreso than any console I've ever seen. Crikey.

Yup. 5 posts in, in most threads for many a game that aren't on it.

Chrizum said:

So third parties consider the freakin Vita a more viable platform than the Switch? This situation gets more bizarre by the day.

Vita got more games released in the West than the 3DS when the 3DS was at its peak. It means life.

ETA: Really, all this means that the Adventures of Mana remake on Vita sold well enough for it to get the remake of the next game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Mar1217 said:

Would have been a remake of Terranigma on the other hand ...

That would blow my mind!

I wish they would have put more budget into the project...

That kind of art would look so much better if it looked less flat. At least during close-up scenes. The lack of polygons really hurts the presentation during those sequences. And what little voice acting we heard isn't good. :-/

The way it looks now, looks like a game from early gen 6. 

Top down/gameplay looks ok though. Retains the overall look and colors from the original.