By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Secret of Mana 3D remake announced for PS4, PS Vita, and PC

Xen said:
Kresnik said:

They literally just announced Dragon Quest Builders 2 for Switch. On top of Lost Sphear; the Seiken Dentetsu Collection that released in Japan etc. etc.

Square-Enix are fine supporters of Switch and it will get many, many games from them going forward.

This game was probably in development for quite a while and Vita is the platform that received its predecessor (Adventures of Mana). I get it, everyone loves Switch, but the port-begging just spirals out of control so easily with Switch, moreso than any console I've ever seen. Crikey.

Yup. 5 posts in, in most threads for many a game that aren't on it.

Secret of Mana was an SNES game.  It's going to be on the SNES Classic.  The Seiken Densetsu Collection was released on Switch, but in Japanese language only.  There is logic in my assertion that a Switch release makes more sense.  You make it seem like I'm asking for Final Fantasy VII remake to be on Switch.  My point was that the portable version of a game originally released on a Nintendo platform is only being put out an almost 6 year old handheld that barely anyone has in the first place.

Around the Network

Looks a lot like the 2 Final Fantasy remakes on the DS. Those were good remakes.

Square's decisions are kind of weird though. They all but announce some version of Final Fantasy 15 for the Switch, a game which uses a very difficult engine and may well be too demanding for the system, but a remake that doesn't even push the Vita isn't coming to the Switch? It would make much more sense if this was coming and the Switch was getting nothing to do with FF15. At least there's a PC version.

Pemalite said:

It would have been great for more gamers to be exposed to this franchise and have it release on iOS, Android, Xbox One and Switch as well.

iOS- and Android-gamers "are already exposed to this franchise". They can play this game in its pixel form:

And I wouldn't be surprised if the remake will also be available for iOS and Android.

h2ohno said:
Looks a lot like the 2 Final Fantasy remakes on the DS. Those were good remakes.

Square's decisions are kind of weird though. They all but announce some version of Final Fantasy 15 for the Switch, a game which uses a very difficult engine and may well be too demanding for the system, but a remake that doesn't even push the Vita isn't coming to the Switch? It would make much more sense if this was coming and the Switch was getting nothing to do with FF15. At least there's a PC version.

You should keep in mind that the version rumored for the Switch could very well end up being based on the pocket version of the game.

JRPGfan said:
Xen said:

Well, that is a console I did not expect to even be mentioned in this thread.

Theres gotta be a few xbox guys out there that owned a snes at one point.

also look at the pics:

It looks like it survived going from 2D->3D.

I prefer the older sprites over low-quality polygons...

Around the Network

looks nice you guys need to stop worrying im sure there is a switch version on the way

Train wreck said:
I wish VGChartz would implement something along the lines of what NEOGaf has in banning people who derail announcement threads with off-topic port begging. It takes away from the actual announcement of the games for the platforms listed.

As someone mentioned, it is the current uncertainty on Switch third party support is what drives these comments. Not any petty wishes. Not like your comment is any more on-topic and constructive, but hey, whatever fits your narrative.

As for the game, I loved it on the SNES, and I'll be sure to get this version.

morenoingrato said:

it is the current uncertainty on Switch third party support is what drives these comments. Not any petty wishes. 

That's not really true though, given how many digs at Vita have been in this thread so far, along the lines of "it's coming to dead handheld but not Switch?!?!"

I don't even understand the uncertainty anyway. Square-Enix have announced more games in the first 6 months of Switch's life than they released in the first like, 4 years of Vita's. Vita, which is causing everyone to be up in arms in this thread because this game is coming to it.

Switch will be fine, especially in terms of Square-Enix support. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just looking at things like this in a vacuum and ignoring the reality of the wider situation.

Kresnik said:

morenoingrato said:

it is the current uncertainty on Switch third party support is what drives these comments. Not any petty wishes. 

That's not really true though, given how many digs at Vita have been in this thread so far, along the lines of "it's coming to dead handheld but not Switch?!?!"

I don't even understand the uncertainty anyway. Square-Enix have announced more games in the first 6 months of Switch's life than they released in the first like, 4 years of Vita's. Vita, which is causing everyone to be up in arms in this thread because this game is coming to it.

Switch will be fine, especially in terms of Square-Enix support. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just looking at things like this in a vacuum and ignoring the reality of the wider situation.

I didn't really condone the Vita trolling on the thread, heck, I'd be satisfied if it were in every platform.

I do disagree about the uncertainty. Not just for SE, but in general. Games keep getting announced, more often than not without Switch support, and considering how little third party support Nintendo got the past 2 gens (granted, with pretty good reasons) I can see Nintendo fans worried about games.

By this point you can count high profile Switch releases or upcoming ones on your fingers. This game is not graphically intensive, so that decision is even more astonishing.

Kresnik said:

morenoingrato said:

I don't have any problem acknowledging the WiiU as a dead system.  They're both in the same ballpark in weekly (and lifetime) sales, no?

179 2,664 4,264 8,850
668 2,371 203 3,529
20 PlayStation Vita (PSV) 2.54 5.13 5.56 2.35 15.58
21 Wii U (WiiU) 6.23 3.52 3.32 0.86 13.93

Again, my point was that I don't see the logic in a nearly 6 year old handheld, with very low sales as far as handhelds go, getting a release over a system that is both a console and handheld and also in demand.  I don't mind that Vita owners are getting a release, by the way.  It's the fact that Vita is the only handheld system getting a release that I can't wrap my head around.  I live near a major market (NYC) and the retail stores around here don't even maintain shelfspace for the system anymore.