By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Secret of Mana 3D remake announced for PS4, PS Vita, and PC

Why does that bird have super sayian hair?

Around the Network

Wow...a PSvita version...but no Switch version...smh.

The only reason I want it on Switch, despite having a Vita, PC, and probably a PS4 (by the time this releases) is for the easy portable/home-console transition. I mean I have a Vita and PSTV, so if I really want to play it on the TV I can, but it won't be in 1080p and I would have to shut the Vita off, take the game out, take my memory card out, and switch them to my PSTV, which is not as seamless as the Switch.

Otherwise I am happy the game is at least coming to one handheld, I'd prefer playing it on a handheld than a home console or PC.

More Switch port posts than actual comments about this great announcement. What happened to people? Why when something awesome comes along the first thing you can think to do is complain? Be happy this even exists!

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
More Switch port posts than actual comments about this great announcement. What happened to people? Why when something awesome comes along the first thing you can think to do is complain? Be happy this even exists!

No joke! Awesome that it exists at all! I've been meaning to play through this game for like ... 10 years or more, maybe this will make it a lot more accessible to new players like me 

Around the Network

This is awesome, now the question is, should I get it for PC, search in my house to try and find the damn Vita or finally give up and buy a PS4 to play it?

The choice would be easier if a physical version were to be available...

I suppose at this point asking/hoping for a Switch version is not welcome here?

It is pretty cool that it's coming, but I'd like to play it on the Switch if possible.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
IkePoR said:

Unfortunately it's one of those "had to be there" games of it's time.  The battle system is quite borked and very off putting to newer players, so I've found.

Nothing wrong with trying an older game though

It's very much a "had to be there" game. Not saying it's bad, but in addition to the battle system of questionable quality, the original game's script suffered from atrociously bad translation and retarded AI partners, most weapons are obsolete, the charge attacks for them are obsolete beyond a certain point, and most boss fights come down to two of the characters spamming magic while the main character sits around and watches. As someone who missed the boat on the time and played it later via virtual console, I'll say that I can see why people love it, but you very much need nostalgia goggles to get into it now, or a deep love of 16-bit era RPGs.

That said, I'm looking forward to the remake if it fixes these problems.

But why digitally only??

P.S. Now make a 3D remake of FF6, pls Square.

twintail said:
The amount of switch begging is pretty sad tbqh

It's probably coming in the future, relax.

I think it's pretty weird that they're releasing it on the dead Vita instead of the thriving Switch tbh