By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Secret of Mana 3D remake announced for PS4, PS Vita, and PC

Square Enix has announced a 3D remake of Secret of Mana for PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PC (Steam). It will launch digitally worldwide on February 15.

The remake will feature high-definition 3D graphics and voice-overs, and promises to retain the charm of the original while incorporating improvements such as upgraded gameplay and a newly arranged musical score.

Secret of Mana was originally released in 1993. It tells the story of Randi, Primm, and Popoi as they battle a treacherous empire in order to reclaim the power of Mana and bring the world back to order.

Pre-orders from the PlayStation Store will include “Moogle Suit” character costumes for Randi, Primm, and Poppoi, s “Tiger Two-Piece” costume for Primm, and “Tiger Suit” costumes for Randi and Popoi, and three PlayStation Network avatars. Pre-orders and first-week purchases from Steam will include the three costumes, as well as a downloadable wallpaper.

In Japan, the PlayStation 4 and PS Vita versions will be released both physically and digitally for 4,800 yen. A collector’s edition including a copy of the game, pop-up book, arrange tracks CD, and Randi, Primm, and Popoi figures will also be available exclusively via the Square Enix e-Store for 13,870 yen. Amazon Japan purchases will include the user’s manual originally included with the 1993 release.

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cPWR2TCM30&feature=youtu.be

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Odd that Switch get's the Mana collection in Japan retail but this remake is not on Switch. Tho I am not so sure I trust SE these days with a remake of a classic like that.

OMFG my favorite game of all time. I'll actually cry if this turns out real.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

holy fuck, YES

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Just found out this game existed. Cool.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Unfortunately it's one of those "had to be there" games of it's time.  The battle system is quite borked and very off putting to newer players, so I've found.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Id buy it.

SegataSanshiro said:
Odd that Switch get's the Mana collection in Japan retail but this remake is not on Switch. Tho I am not so sure I trust SE these days with a remake of a classic like that.

I think it's going to be in the Switch, as leaked by the playstation I think they wouldn't mention the Switch.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Shikamo said:
SegataSanshiro said:

I think it's going to be in the Switch, as leaked by the playstation I think they wouldn't mention the Switch.

derp on me. You're right.

IkePoR said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Unfortunately it's one of those "had to be there" games of it's time.  The battle system is quite borked and very off putting to newer players, so I've found.

Nothing wrong with trying an older game though