By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Secret of Mana 3D remake announced for PS4, PS Vita, and PC

Generally speaking, I doubt Square Enix can make any really good games moving forward. They seem to have completely lost it, with some few exceptions aside. At any rate, given that this is coming out on Vita, there is absolutely no reason it is not coming out for the Switch as well. Square Enix have been making some terribly odd business decisions, and I won't be surprised if we see them struggling to survive down the road.

That said, the original Secret of Mana was a masterpiece. Wonder how long more Square Enix can rely on either ports and remakes, or really drab and uninspired sequels. Something has to be done, or they will perish in the dustbins of gaming history.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
I wish VGChartz would implement something along the lines of what NEOGaf has in banning people who derail announcement threads with off-topic port begging. It takes away from the actual announcement of the games for the platforms listed.

I second this. The constant port begging of certain fans I won't mention. They know who they are.

Every game announcement I see especially from Japanese dev are infested with those people. It will only lead to whining and constant flame wars. I hope the mod team will consider this one.

OT: Nice graphics, I love the art style and VITA going zombie again!!! The real king of the iron throne.

NoCtiS_NoX said:

I second this. The constant port begging of certain fans I won't mention. They know who they are.

Every game announcement I see especially from Japanese dev are infested with those people. It will only lead to whining and constant flame wars. I hope the mod team will consider this one.

OT: Nice graphics, I love the art style and VITA going zombie again!!! The real king of the iron throne.

Disagree.
Instead of hoping for the banning of everything you dislike... Just ignore the comments instead.

As long as the discussion is constructive, then who cares?

IkePoR said:

I'm so excited dude.  Holy spiky tigers.

I always invisioned a remake in my head and...  I'm a little let down that it doesn't set a industry benchmark in grapics but I understand the budget for this was probaby tiny.  I just love this game so much I want it to be a way bigger project.  Still, it looks AWESOME!

Edit: Just imagining the weapons changing as they're upgraded, how the magic spells will look, how the world will look on Flammie.  GAH!  I haven't been this excited in a long time!

I would assume if it ends up being a knock out success and shifts a heap of units... That a bigger budget sequel would get done.
Money talks as they say!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

JRPGfan said:
Kresnik said:
A Square Enix game. On Vita. In 2018. Never thought I would see the day.

This gives me hope that Romancing SaGa 2 & 3 will find their way over here evnetually too. Yay.  *edit: I hope so too.

Diffusion Million Arthur
Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary
Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
Rise of Mana
Adventures of Mana
Deadman's Cross
Dragon Quest Builders
SaGa: Scarlet Grace
World of Final Fantasy
Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
Lara Croft Go
Romancing SaGa 2
Romancing SaGa 3

Squire Enix has developed a few games for the vita. The problem is localisation...

Its published like twice as many as this though.

You managed to underline the two lines before the most important line in that paragraph, lol. The point was the time; not Square-Enix in general :P

Great announcement! Never played this classic, would love to do it now on my Vita!
And people say the PS Vita is dead. XD

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
IkePoR said:

I'm so excited dude.  Holy spiky tigers.

I always invisioned a remake in my head and...  I'm a little let down that it doesn't set a industry benchmark in grapics but I understand the budget for this was probaby tiny.  I just love this game so much I want it to be a way bigger project.  Still, it looks AWESOME!

Edit: Just imagining the weapons changing as they're upgraded, how the magic spells will look, how the world will look on Flammie.  GAH!  I haven't been this excited in a long time!

I would assume if it ends up being a knock out success and shifts a heap of units... That a bigger budget sequel would get done.
Money talks as they say!

Indeed, though I don't expect it to get much more even with some good sales.  

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/item/SE_E0845.html

I'm so very much considering this.  106 quid... yeah, VERY much.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Relax guys. There's no reason to think a game like this won't find its way to Switch.

Well.. it is releasing in february... so there's plenty of time left.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

SegataSanshiro said:
Odd that Switch get's the Mana collection in Japan retail but this remake is not on Switch. Tho I am not so sure I trust SE these days with a remake of a classic like that.

Well, time to rampy up my learning of Japanese then I guess!!

Maaaan, I knew this weekend was gonna be good but this is just the icing on the cake!
I love this game and I welcome the remake. Some people may prefer the original 2D but i've played that enough, hopefully they add or switch up a few things. Local multiplayer on an RPG is amazing (i just wish my brother was into RPGs -_-)

I really hope this does well and we finally get a remake of Seiken densetsu 3. I'd buy any console that gets it. I'm pretty sure this is a time console exclusive, this makes complete sense in the Switch, it will be announced soon, i'm sure.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian