By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 14th - 20th August 2017

morenoingrato said:
Wonder if Switch will pick up dramatically next week again. There is MHXX but that one will bomb, but it does have bundles.

Depends what you mean when you say bomb, MHX is port of 3DS game and is releasing on limited instal base.

Around the Network

Wow, that Switch drop.

In other news, that DQ has stronger legs on 3DS (4.1% of total sales this week) than on PS4 (3.8% of total) comes as a surprise for me. Usually the older platform with higher install base shows higher initial sales bad worse legs. Strange. So more 3DS-owners held out and bought the game later than PS4-owners.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

tagging

Dragon Quest 3DS should step its JRPG ass up and outsell the crap out of the PS4 version. Can't believe they're so close to one another.

Mario Kart truly is evergreen, another case of GTA/Minecraft.

p0isonparadise said:
Nintendo - 57,024 (58.8%)
Sony - 39,975 (41.1%)
Microsoft - 100 (0.1%)

Nintendo continues to slay the software and hardware chart! 

But dang! That 1mil Splatoon 2 sales will be on hold. 

But Yay! Arms reached 200k! The legs of this game is doing decent! Not the 10k+ Splatoon 1 did on the Wii U, but good enough. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Switch have 11 SKU no Amazon's top 30! Now, this is insane! I hope The rise will be big next week! Switch for it's second millon no Japan in less than 8 months 💕💕💕

This whole holding stock for the week this week, I wonder if you add both weeks together, do you get what the norm should be.

The norm with stock issues, which isn't what the actual norm would be at all. 

Mnementh said:
Wow, that Switch drop.

In other news, that DQ has stronger legs on 3DS (4.1% of total sales this week) than on PS4 (3.8% of total) comes as a surprise for me. Usually the older platform with higher install base shows higher initial sales bad worse legs. Strange. So more 3DS-owners held out and bought the game later than PS4-owners.

I am not really sure how come it will be a surprise when 3DS have an install base of 23 million against a 5 plus million install base. 
Also I am not really sure how is that a stronger legs when 3DS  DQ is only outselling the PS4 DQ less than 20k.

Mnementh said:
Wow, that Switch drop.

Quiet the opposite.  It was widely accepted 3DS version would have better legs due to much bigger install base that provides a larger potential casual audience that wouldn't be buying week 1. This was widely discussed on gaf and a little here.  

It's actually very surprising both versions are so close. Especially with digital sales surely higher on ps4. 

Mnementh said:
Wow, that Switch drop.

There are probably more people who bought the PS4 version digitally though.