By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the last new gaming franchise you tried and why?

Turkish said:

Considering many games I tried this gen have only 1 entry yet, it's probably Destiny and Titanfall. Destiny 1 and TF1 sucked donkey balls, TF2 is one of the best games of this gen and D2 looks good albeit uninspired.

SegataSanshiro said:
Yakuza. I just needed something to play on PS4 and over the years heard so much good stuff. I finally dove in because it was a prequel. Boy, I wish I played this series earlier. I have Kiwami pre-ordered and pre-ordered that CE of Yakuza 6.

LMAO what kind of a Sega fan are you that you only just now got into Yakuza?

People be claiming they hardcore fans but they never was fans man, and then they wonder why Sega doesnt make games like they use to, even self proclaimed fans didnt buy their games... I took you as a real fan full of Majima posters in ur room, but so disappointed in you now...

I been Yakuza fan since Yakuza 2!

If I would not get banned I'd rip you apart for this post. You really have annoyed me questioning my fandom. Also I made a follow up post on it if you go back and read.  Since you rather insult than read,fine. Again I didn't have a PS2 until 2011. A PS3 until 2012. I almost got 4 on PS3 but figured the series was so far in,it would be wasted effort to get in the series by that stage esp when the PS2 games were very pricey. Yakuza 0 offered the perfect place to jump in. Lastly I don't have a room. I have my own place and it's been that way a couple of decades.

Around the Network
Turkish said:

Considering many games I tried this gen have only 1 entry yet, it's probably Destiny and Titanfall. Destiny 1 and TF1 sucked donkey balls, TF2 is one of the best games of this gen and D2 looks good albeit uninspired.

SegataSanshiro said:
Yakuza. I just needed something to play on PS4 and over the years heard so much good stuff. I finally dove in because it was a prequel. Boy, I wish I played this series earlier. I have Kiwami pre-ordered and pre-ordered that CE of Yakuza 6.

People be claiming they hardcore fans but they never was fans man, and then they wonder why Sega doesnt make games like they use to, even self proclaimed fans didnt buy their games... I took you as a real fan full of Majima posters in ur room, but so disappointed in you now...

I'm a huge Nintendo fan but I've never played Pokemon. It's possible.

SegataSanshiro said:

Again I didn't have a PS2 until 2011. A PS3 until 2012.

Exactly the same here, but I got Yakuza 4 in 2014, so we are not twin dragons after all.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I believe NieR qualifies as my newest pre-existing franchise to get into. I heard a lot of good things about NieR: Automata and couldn't resist trying it. I wasn't disappointed. The ending in particular was somewhat revolutionary in how it makes the player question their motives for playing. I loved it!

Getting Danganronpa for Vita soon. So, that!
Heard great things about it from the internet and from a real-life friend.

Around the Network

Not counting new IP's, the latest would be inFamous with second son. I liked the game a lot but for some reason don't have too strong an urge to go back and play the first two. I initially got it because I was new to playstation and needed something to play

Before that was Zelda with the windwaker. I played Zelda prior to that but never enough for me to count it. It was a good game but from what I've seen, the others don't interest me enough..not even BOTW. I initially got it as a bundle with my Wii U.

and before that..was Donkey Kong Country with Returns on Wii. The game was pretty good overall but nothing too special. Tropical Freeze was amazing however and now I want to play the original trilogy...I got returns because it had co-op.

[] [] [] {} [] 

SegataSanshiro said:
Turkish said:

If I would not get banned I'd rip you apart for this post. You really have annoyed me questioning my fandom. Also I made a follow up post on it if you go back and read.  Since you rather insult than read,fine. Again I didn't have a PS2 until 2011. A PS3 until 2012. I almost got 4 on PS3 but figured the series was so far in,it would be wasted effort to get in the series by that stage esp when the PS2 games were very pricey. Yakuza 0 offered the perfect place to jump in. Lastly I don't have a room. I have my own place and it's been that way a couple of decades.

Well you annoyed me for not being loyal to Sega, you shattered my illusion of the Sega fan! If u gots a PS3 in 2012 u should've jumped then and there with Yakuza 3, 4 and Dead Souls, and get Yakuza 5 in 2015. 3 was a perfect entry to jump in. Also, u really need to get Majima posters.

SegataSanshiro said:
COKTOE said:

That's somewhat surprising, given your affinity towards Sega, the fact it's been running for 12 years, and during that timeframe it's arguably the best franchise in their portfolio. 

I didn't have a PS2 when it launched and got one in 2011. My PS3 in 2012. I almost picked up 4 back then but it seemed it was so deep in the series I would be lost and the PS2 games were expensive so I figured I missed the boat. 0 being a prequel was a revilation.

Well, welcome aboard. I started with 3, loved it, and have followed through with 4 and 5. I also picked up Yakuza:Dead Souls, and wanted to love it, but the controls....my god. It's totally non-canon, and looks like a really fun take on the series if you can get past the the awkward control setup, which I could not. Never even finished the first chapter.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Super_Boom said:
Bristow9091 said:

Trust me, it's like that for every game in the series, there's just so much to learn in the game, and they always throw something new at you before you've had a proper chance to understand the last thing they threw at you, it's a VERY overwhelming series to get into, but if you manage to brave through it and spend time figuring out all the mechanics and features and stuff, you'll find that they're absolutely brilliant games. They're definitely games that require a lot of time and investment in order to fully enjoy them, that's for sure.

Ah...good to know it's not just me then :P 

I shouldn't be so picky with tutorials, but I hate when a game throws a bunch of info and me expects to get it all. It usually just means I miss out on some interesting mechanics until half way into the game. I'll need to just slow down on this one and experiment a bit...it does feel like it would be really rewarding once I get the hang of it. Too bad my attention span is so...

*gets distracted by another thread*

It's also one of those game franchises that's hard to break by accident. You kind of figure out how to do stuff better as you go along. Don't hesitate to research either, but you won't have to if you don't want to.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

The last new gaming franchise I tried was King of Fighters, and I really dig it. I like it better than Street Fighter.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.