By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the last new gaming franchise you tried and why?

Prey would probably be the most recent, although since it's a reimagining of an older game I'm not sure how much it counts as part of a series.

Around the Network

Titanfall. I never got into the first one, but picked up the second because the campaign got great reviews.

Until Dawn and just cause 3..both free on psplus..My opinions aren't very high from my experience but i didn't play long maybe in the future when im bored I will try again and see if they capture my interest

I guess Bloodborne if it counts as part of the Souls franchise. I love the setting and grotesque aesthetic. I've recently have grown more and more enthralled with Lovecraft's work and Bloodborne is almost like a love letter to him.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Hellblade and I quite like it :)

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Arms, it looked boring but then the Testpunch was fun. As it turns out the game does get boring pretty quick -_-

Smartie900 said:
Metal Gear Solid. I played MGS 3 like a year ago and loved it so much that it is now one of my all time favorite games. Then I decided to play MGS 5 and I hate that game so much that it single handedly destroyed the goodwill I had towards the series. Gonna have to play MGS 2 and finish Peacewalker to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

So much this, MGS3 is a masterpiece. The hype I had for MGSV was insane and then when it finally released, Ive never been so disappointed by a video game before. 

Half Life. Pretty good, wanted to try a good, fast, singleplayer FPS since ever.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

dead rising 2 and 3 because of humble bundle. these games always looked like musou games with zombies in it. dead rising is even worse than any musou. probably one of the worst games I ever played.

Turkish said:
SegataSanshiro said:

If I would not get banned I'd rip you apart for this post. You really have annoyed me questioning my fandom. Also I made a follow up post on it if you go back and read.  Since you rather insult than read,fine. Again I didn't have a PS2 until 2011. A PS3 until 2012. I almost got 4 on PS3 but figured the series was so far in,it would be wasted effort to get in the series by that stage esp when the PS2 games were very pricey. Yakuza 0 offered the perfect place to jump in. Lastly I don't have a room. I have my own place and it's been that way a couple of decades.

Well you annoyed me for not being loyal to Sega, you shattered my illusion of the Sega fan! If u gots a PS3 in 2012 u should've jumped then and there with Yakuza 3, 4 and Dead Souls, and get Yakuza 5 in 2015. 3 was a perfect entry to jump in. Also, u really need to get Majima posters.

Let's see all your SEGA games right now. I have well over a hundred. None of them digital. Have you finished Snatcher fully in Japanese yet in your Saturn? How about panzer Dragoon SAGA fully in Japanese? I have and don't speak Japanese. Is your SEGA consoles rigged to play games in HD on your HDtV? Do your funeral plans include converting a SEGA console into an urn? Mine legit are. As for posters, I have a lot of SEGA stuff framed on the walls. In this room is a framed poster for Last Bronx.