By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the last new gaming franchise you tried and why?

FIT_Gamer said:
Nioh because it was Souls-esque. Great game.

Better than BB?

Around the Network

It was The Last of Us around a year ago. It was one of the few PS3 exclusives I hadn't played yet but didn't have much interest in, but ended up really liking it.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

For me, it was Kingdom Hearts. I wanted to try it because I heard good things about the franchise. That and the upcoming Kingdom Hearts III looks awesome.

Elite Dangerous. I never played the original but over all the years only heard good things about the series. When it finally hit the PS4, I decided to give it a go. And it blasted me away, I'm barely playing anything else for two months now. All it needs now is PS VR support.

I also tried Horizon Zero Dawn. While that game was entertaining, it was nothing mind-blowing. It feels very repetetive to me and I never finished it.

Some months ago I also tried Onechanbara for the first time with Onechanbara Z2 Chaos. And I friggin's loved that game! Sure, it looks like a PS2 game but the gameplay is rock solid and fluid as fuck. I really like that. No bullshit there, just pure Gameplay. PLus it has boobs and who doesn't like some boobs in their games? Got the platinum and was very satisfied with it!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Well, I jumped into FF and DA when they already had more than 7 titles on the clock. Good that that doesn't really matter.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Probably either Fatal Frame 5 or bloodbourne. Neither convinced me to try Others in the series.

Bloodborne if that counts as a separate series from Dark Souls. If not, then Legend of Heroes I think. It's since become one of my all time favourite JRPG franchises.

Splatoon because kids and squids.

I'm not memeing those are the actual reasons.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I try new IP almost weekly (Hellblade being the most recent). As for an ongoing series that I jumped into late, I'd have to say Battlefield 1. Never really cared for FPS titles but those graphics were insane. Before that, probably Star Wars Battlefront and Senran Kagura on PS4. The price was too low to pass up.

Considering many games I tried this gen have only 1 entry yet, it's probably Destiny and Titanfall. Destiny 1 and TF1 sucked donkey balls, TF2 is one of the best games of this gen and D2 looks good albeit uninspired.

SegataSanshiro said:
Yakuza. I just needed something to play on PS4 and over the years heard so much good stuff. I finally dove in because it was a prequel. Boy, I wish I played this series earlier. I have Kiwami pre-ordered and pre-ordered that CE of Yakuza 6.

LMAO what kind of a Sega fan are you that you only just now got into Yakuza?

People be claiming they hardcore fans but they never was fans man, and then they wonder why Sega doesnt make games like they use to, even self proclaimed fans didnt buy their games... I took you as a real fan full of Majima posters in ur room, but so disappointed in you now...

I been Yakuza fan since Yakuza 2!