By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the last new gaming franchise you tried and why?

Hmm, I can't even remember, to be honest. It was probably something I played the last time I went to my uncle's house, but what exactly it was, I seriously could not tell you.

Around the Network

If you remove out new IPs, I can't think of the last "new series" I jumped into without playing the previous games. Maybe BF1? It didn't make me want to play any of the previous ones, but I did enjoy playing the campaigns.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

SegataSanshiro said:
Turkish said:

Well you annoyed me for not being loyal to Sega, you shattered my illusion of the Sega fan! If u gots a PS3 in 2012 u should've jumped then and there with Yakuza 3, 4 and Dead Souls, and get Yakuza 5 in 2015. 3 was a perfect entry to jump in. Also, u really need to get Majima posters.

Let's see all your SEGA games right now. I have well over a hundred. None of them digital. Have you finished Snatcher fully in Japanese yet in your Saturn? How about panzer Dragoon SAGA fully in Japanese? I have and don't speak Japanese. Is your SEGA consoles rigged to play games in HD on your HDtV? Do your funeral plans include converting a SEGA console into an urn? Mine legit are. As for posters, I have a lot of SEGA stuff framed on the walls. In this room is a framed poster for Last Bronx.

I imported one of the most expensive Saturn games, I got a Framemeister just for that system, I bought PDS for 300 bucks! Yu Suzuki is my rolemodel, I play Beach Spikers on the Gamecube. I pray to Segata Sanshiro before going to bed. Yeah I'm pretty hardcore, no funeral plans yet, but it should play this music

Mystro-Sama said:
FIT_Gamer said:
Nioh because it was Souls-esque. Great game.

Better than BB?

I wouldn't better. It has it's own flair. It actually has a story and the combat/mechanics are very fluid. If you like souls or bloodborne there is no way you wouldn't like Nioh. 

FIT_Gamer said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Better than BB?

I wouldn't better. It has it's own flair. It actually has a story and the combat/mechanics are very fluid. If you like souls or bloodborne there is no way you wouldn't like Nioh. 

Cool, how the difficulty compared to other Souls games?

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Cool, how the difficulty compared to other Souls games?

I'd say it's slightly less difficult. Mainly I think becasue the controls and mechanics are much more refined, so you seem to make less mistakes. There are a few boss fights though that are a huge pain in the ass. Especially on your second or third play through.