By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Reached 50 entries in my moderation history - UPDATE: Make that 60

Your thoughts?

Nicely done, Rol. 44 33.85%

Nicely done, mods. 26 20.00%

I am jealous. 14 10.77%

Scary. 11 8.46%

Wow. Just wow. 17 13.08%

Scoreboard 18 13.85%

Total:130
Miguel_Zorro said:
Johnw1104 said:

lol you were moderated for that? I was under the impression that anything worthy of intervening would also be deleted or edited.

For the record, I definitely did not say there has to be a separate 3DS successor, only that it's possible (if unlikely).

Moderators are told not to edit posts.  They generally follow the mod guidelines and don't edit them.  Except for Star Ocean.

Well, at least we got some good recipes out of it

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
Johnw1104 said:

lol you were moderated for that? I was under the impression that anything worthy of intervening would also be deleted or edited.

For the record, I definitely did not say there has to be a separate 3DS successor, only that it's possible (if unlikely).

Moderators are told not to edit posts.  They generally follow the mod guidelines and don't edit them.  Except for Star Ocean.

Ah yeah, I've definitely seen warnings edited into posts before with it being quite clear that a chunk of the post was removed. I figured that was standard procedure.

Lawlight said:
Acevil said:

Again, if you are going out of the your way to only be negative regardless of factual/fictional, you can be seen as breaking the rules of trolling and flaming, because your motive is obvious, you are trying to cause a negative reaction and trolling the fanbase and most of the time it is to feel better about your choice in the little plastic you picked over the little plastic that someone else picked. 

Anyways I'm out from explaining rules and what may/may not constitute as trolling/flaming, they ain't my rules, it is just my understanding of them. Mods can deal with explaining things if you want to press them on it. 

No, the motive isn't obvious unless you're a mind reader as I said. A poster's feelings about posts aren't facts. If someone comes and says the PS4 is crap, I might not like it but it is that person's opinion and should not be moddable.

It doesn't take to be a mind reader to realize that some people like a certain company, and that constantly saying negative things about said company could end up bothering a fanbase because they like to celebrate the merits of their favorite company. It takes a little mental effort and will power.

To bother them could be intentional or not, but either way it's not desired on the forum, because the forum lives off the harmonious participation of these fanbases.

If you are offering intelligent posts with solid arguments, even a fan can appreciate a negative point if you are being fair.

Bottom line though, it is very very difficult to be fair and to always be negative about a company. Occam's razor would help us conclude that, rather than being a supreme fluke where all the points are legitimately negative, the intention or attitude of a constantly negative user is not right. It's even easier when these posts show little effort in formulating an argument that holds ground.

TruckOSaurus said:
Chrizum said:
While Lawlight has obviously been trolling on this site repeatedly, he does raise an interesting question: when is it okay to post a negative opinion about a publisher? Is it about quantity? Do you have to post positive opinions as well? Or is it just about not being a dick?

Pretty much the last one. Most of the rules boil down to the simple statement "Don't be a dick". 

Lawlight has an extensive history of going into Nintendo threads and trying to find the best way to spin any news into something negative or to downplay the positive (like this http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8531174). It's been going on for years and as the Dothraki would say "It is known". At this point, his intentions are obvious.

It is known.

Johnw1104 said:
RolStoppable said:

One example is that I called you an idiot when you wrote that huge essay about why there could be/has to be a separate 3DS successor, because one of the points you made had you arguing the exact opposite of what you argued in the rest of your essay. You have replied to that post, including that specific part of my post. I posted on your wall after my ban had expired to tell you that I'd call you an idiot again in an appropriate situation, but it looks like you are completely oblivious to my moderation despite being at the center of it.

Good for you if this amuses you. I cannot say I feel the same way.

But anyway, that's the kind of stuff that earns me moderations, that's why I have so many.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Not sure if this is something you should be proud of, but then again, I can see why

Congrats :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Platina said:
Not sure if this is something you should be proud of, but then again, I can see why

This seems like a good time to ask you how many people you've banned during your tenure as a moderator. As usual, spambots and alt accounts are to be excluded from the total.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Platina said:

This seems like a good time to ask you how many people you've banned during your tenure as a moderator. As usual, spambots and alt accounts are to be excluded from the total.

The real question is, did he ban you?

VGPolyglot said:
RolStoppable said:

Of course. Come on, which mod didn't?

He banned me because I told niceguygameplayer that I believe him that he is not a troll.

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

He banned me because I told niceguygameplayer that I believe him that he is not a troll.

There must have been more to it than that!

VGPolyglot said:
RolStoppable said:

There must have been more to it than that!

All I did was make a point.

02/25/17 21:36 Platina Ban Flaming (Rol, there is no need to flame people for their threads. Calling someone as unintelligent and their actions stupid is definitely not acceptable in these forums. You had a great streak of no moderations, so avoid stepping over line in the future) Banned 1 days 8314213

What angers me about your post is how stupid it is. You want to convince Nintendo fans that their money is better spent elsewhere, but your 14 points have hardly anything substantial to offer, and the few points that make sense can easily be applied to Sony and Microsoft as well, so in the end you are left with absolutely nothing that would sway anyone's mind.

I do believe that you are not trolling. I am convinced that you honestly don't know any better than this, because your posting history delivers enough evidence to back this up. You can consider yourself lucky that the mod team doesn't ban people for stupidity, even though the top priority of the mod team is to maintain and foster an environment where intelligent discussion is welcome and encouraged. Your OP is an insult to the intelligence of the community. Someone like you who clearly doesn't have the knowledge to make a thread like this should be forced to frame everything as questions instead of statements, because then people could at least respect you. If you ask questions, you can be perceived as someone who seeks knowledge. But this thread here, this attitude that you know better despite glaring factual errors, it's terrible.

I don't mind criticism of Nintendo and discussion of it, but when it's supposed to be done on a level that rivals curl-6's infamous "requirement of movement and shooting at the same time is bad game design", then that's pissing me off. I do not want you to make yet another thread like this. Not about Nintendo, not about Microsoft. I'd add Sony to the list, but that's redundant in light of your bias.