By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Reached 50 entries in my moderation history - UPDATE: Make that 60

Your thoughts?

Nicely done, Rol. 44 33.85%

Nicely done, mods. 26 20.00%

I am jealous. 14 10.77%

Scary. 11 8.46%

Wow. Just wow. 17 13.08%

Scoreboard 18 13.85%

Total:130
RolStoppable said:

Of course. Come on, which mod didn't?

Around the Network

RolStoppable said:

curl-6's infamous "requirement of movement and shooting at the same time is bad game design"

Do you have a link to this? I'm struggling to imagine the context here.

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

There must have been more to it than that!

All I did was make a point.

What angers me about your post is how stupid it is. - Red Flag One

You can consider yourself lucky that the mod team doesn't ban people for stupidity, even though the top priority of the mod team is to maintain and foster an environment where intelligent discussion is welcome and encouraged. - Red Flag Two

I don't mind criticism of Nintendo and discussion of it, but when it's supposed to be done on a level that rivals curl-6's infamous "requirement of movement and shooting at the same time is bad game design", then that's pissing me off. I do not want you to make yet another thread like this. Not about Nintendo, not about Microsoft. I'd add Sony to the list, but that's redundant in light of your bias. - Red Flag Three

Making a point isn't the issue. It is how you went about it.

StarDoor said:

RolStoppable said:

curl-6's infamous "requirement of movement and shooting at the same time is bad game design"

Do you have a link to this? I'm struggling to imagine the context here.

Sure.

05/17/15 11:42 Shinobi-san Ban Flaming (You've made two posts in this thread directly violating rule 13 - Insults & Flaming. Specifically "You should avoid: Insulting other users, including calling them fanboys, trolls or any other name-calling.". In this post you say that curl-6 is trolling "Now its clear that you are trolling". In a previous post you called him stupid " There are times when you are just stupid." Curl was simply giving his opinion in both cases. These attacks were unwarranted and directly against forum rules. (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7288080#content). ) Banned 3 days 7288098

The game in question was Super Metroid. curl-6 criticized that not all enemies line up directly in front of your gun arm to be picked off with a single button press.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

CGI-Quality said:

Making a point isn't the issue. It is how you went about it.

I know. That's pretty much how it always goes. At the time I get moderated for flaming someone, it looks incredibly mean. But when these things are looked at later on with the benefit of hindsight, it should be a lot easier to see that I had a point when I said those things, including how bluntly or harsh the statement was.

But I can't say I mind these bans too much once the hell of browsing VGC with only ten posts per page is over. I get handy bookmarks for instances where I was right.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Lawlight said:

What is negative about that? It is factual. Do facts offend people?

It falls under downplaying and it would be okay coming from someone without your post history.

Downplaying? Rol made a post about how he is surprised that a new game has sold more in its release month than games that were released earlier. Someone had to point out why that was the case.

RolStoppable said:
Lawlight said:

You're not a mod though.

Not officially, but I am in the same mod chat as my polar bear sidekick. Ask Ka-pi, if you don't believe me.

Anyway, you got the answer the mod team would give to you.

No, I'm still waiting for a mod to respond. That post qualifies as trolling and I wonder why the mods aren't responding.

Lawlight said:
RolStoppable said:

Not officially, but I am in the same mod chat as my polar bear sidekick. Ask Ka-pi, if you don't believe me.

Anyway, you got the answer the mod team would give to you.

No, I'm still waiting for a mod to respond. That post qualifies as trolling and I wonder why the mods aren't responding.

The mods aren't responding because I already answered your question in a satisfactory manner.

Also, Mnementh's post falls into the category of mockery of a person, so it goes under the umbrella of flaming, if anything. But the most important thing you have to keep in mind here is that he responded to a post of yours that qualifies as mod criticism (and unjustified criticism at that) outside of a moderator-sanctioned thread. If Mnementh's post would be moderated, the mod team would not be able to get around moderating your preceding post, so if you attempted to push for a moderation of Mnementh, you'd ultimately do yourself in.

RolStoppable said:
Lawlight said:

The mods aren't responding because I already answered your question in a satisfactory manner.

Also, Mnementh's post falls into the category of mockery of a person, so it goes under the umbrella of flaming, if anything. But the most important thing you have to keep in mind here is that he responded to a post of yours that qualifies as mod criticism (and unjustified criticism at that) outside of a moderator-sanctioned thread. If Mnementh's post would be moderated, the mod team would not be able to get around moderating your preceding post, so if you attempted to push for a moderation of Mnementh, you'd ultimately do yourself in.

So mods can't be criticised in a moderation topic (it wasn't unjustified)? It can only be done in a mod-sanctioned thread? That's like the president of a country deciding when to hold the elections.

Lawlight said:
RolStoppable said:

So mods can't be criticised in a moderation topic (it wasn't unjustified)? It can only be done in a mod-sanctioned thread? That's like the president of a country deciding when to hold the elections.

In my country, the Prime Minister/Premier does decide when elections are.