By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - This is the type of propaganda you'd see in North Korea

Trump has already been caught making fake news, in the form of the now-viral Seth Rich conspiracy.

People should now know that he is dishonest and can't be trusted, regardless of party affiliation.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
George Orwell must be rolling in his coffin right now.

Because the comparison is totally the same...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

SuperNova said:
Am I the only one who is legitimatey scared by this? I mean the president of the united states of america has created his own news network to spread propaganda.

This is dictatorship-101 and no ones doing anything about it.

Would you like a foil hat or a police scanner with your consipiracy, sir?

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for ACTUAL news about Trump ... *crickets*

the-pi-guy said:

Aeolus451 said:

Would you like a foil hat or a police scanner with your consipiracy, sir?

While "dictatorship" is way too far, it's still creepy.  

Trump is giving credit to hardcore propaganda news sites, while dismissing the ones that usually do a good job at sharing real news.  Not to mention the fact that there are actually a scary number of people listening to these.... 

Almost no news sites share real news. Even independent journalists who are not influenced by 3rd party interests sometimes have their own agenda to fulfill.

Around the Network
TH3-D0S3R said:
I expected Trump TV to happen, and like I predicted with the media and late night comedians going self destruct mode, I have to side with Trump on this. The media has gotten so pointless that this was bound to happen. I have to go to Trump speeches or correspondents like Sanders and Miller just to know what the heck is going on.

I can't believe I'm saying this, Fox News does not rely on emotional manipulation to the extent of networks of CNN and late night comedians, so I have to say currently Fox is the only network I can watch and potentially get something out of (I'm not talking about previous years, I'm saying currently, although I go online for most of my news). While Fox is talking about issues like North Korea and is trying to explain Trump's agenda, CNN, MSNBC, or any other MSM network is either complaining about Trump existing or a Tweet manipulated to make it sound like whatever they want, and if they "uncover" something, it's so small and insignificant that it doesn't matter (like how he communicated to the Boy Scouts).

Say what you will about this being propaganda, but your pure hatred for Trump got you here. You have it out so much for him, that instead of letting him be and potentially causing him to self destruct, you empower and give companies like CNN and people like Colbert platforms that push a false narrative. Donald Trump can lie all he wants, but what's it matter when you proceed to manipulate and lie about the issue and come off as being so desperate for dirt on Trump that Donald himself comes off as the adult in the room. People like CNN and Colbert portray DT as someone who is incompetent and illogical, and while those sometimes may be true, their reasons for him to get in trouble are stupid bar none. This is the equivalent to Donald Trump being a student who swears a lot at recess, but CNN and Colbert tattletale and try to get Trump in trouble for drinking his milk the wrong way. The media is idiotic bar none, thus why Trump TV can become a thing.

You made this bed out of your burning desire for something against the President, and now you have to lie in it.

Or, you know... you could watch non-american news? 

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

So Trump got lucky that Obama and his people didn't hand him a dumpster fire, but yeah, walk around like you're performing miracles. Good grief.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Oh, how nice there's a news channel that clearly attributes things to whoever is responsible for them, instead of simply stating stuff that has happened without proper attribution. I mean, who wants to think who's responsible for everything that's going on? This makes it so much easier by telling who's responsible!

the-pi-guy said:
Aura7541 said:

Almost no news sites share real news. Even independent journalists who are not influenced by 3rd party interests sometimes have their own agenda to fulfill.

There's a big difference between exaggerating news articles and purposefully lying to their readership.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2016/12/04/d-c-police-respond-to-report-of-a-man-with-a-gun-at-comet-ping-pong-restaurant/?utm_term=.2c5e43be7498

The latter can have serious consequences, even though it's completely made up.  

Everything you read will have some level of bias.  And in a semi-ideal world, this is basically just presenting facts that are roughly true but making a bigger deal out of it than it really is.  For example, suppose 100k people lost their job tomorrow and there just happens to be a statistic that the people who are still working are working longer hours.  The conservative media will probably mostly pretend that the 100k job loss didn't happen, and focus on how great that people are working more hours.  The liberal media will make a huge deal about the 100k job loss and will mostly pretend that the longer hours didn't exist.  

That's semi-reasonable.  What isn't reasonable is when the president is taking a guy seriously who for example thinks that there are chemicals in the water that are turning frogs gay.  

And I agree with all of that. However, what you said regarding over-exaggeration and lying to the readership applies to both sides of the political spectrum. Sure, Trump is incompetent and has a strong bias for certain news sites. What I find funny is people acting as if this is a major discovery. Previous presidents are like this, too. It's just Trump is more boisterous and upfront about it out of his own hubris as opposed to keeping it to himself.

Trump seems to be making a lot of good moves to me. Sounds like people here are the ones who have swallowed the anti-Trump propaganda.

Trump's obviously a salesman trying to make his product look better than it is, but I wouldn't call what he does propaganda.