By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Wii U games do you think could and should be ported to Switch?

There's an old saying "If you haven't seen it it's new to you." This was started by an american T.V. network as part of an advertising campaign to promote reruns of old T.V. episodes. I think the same logic could be applied by Nintendo. That is, that to anybody that didn't buy a Wii U, a Wii U port is a brand new game. 

But what games could be ported over? A lot of Wii U games need the touchpad for certain features, meaning a port is either a no go, or would need serious redesigning of the game's features. Some games on the other hand just aren't worth porting over because they didn't sell very well and wouldn't sell well as ports. #FE is one such game that I don't expect to be ported over due to how little it sold. 

Anyway here's the topic question. What Wii U games do you think could be easily ported over, and should be ported over to generate profit for Nintendo? 

Here's my own list...

Bayonetta 2

Super Mario 3D World

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Windwaker HD

These all seem like shoe-ins to me. They all sold well and don't make excessive use the the Wii U's tablet. 

Around the Network

I was gonna say that I feel like I've seen this thread 30 times, but I tried to find it on the forum browser and looking for something with that is just ... ugh.

I think all Wii U games should be ported to Virtual console(or something equivalent, like the eshop) but shouldn't get physical releases.

The Wind Waker HD: this was one of my favorite games of all time. Since I don't have access to my Wii U anymore because reasons, I'd love a Switch port. (Or the original version on virtual console.)

Mario Maker: a very good game. Not much can be improved anymore, so a port would be better than a completely new game.

Super Smash Bros.: same reasons as for Mario Maker.

All of them, that system was a disaster and Nintendo should do what they can to bring any and all effort they wasted on it up to the Switch where more people will get to enjoy it.

Mario 3d World
Pikmin 3 (in a trilogy)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (I know, none of those were wiiu games)
Mario Maker
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 1/2 (Nintendo funded and published on the system, even if not their game and call where it goes now)
Star Fox Zero (sales lul)
New Super Mario bros + Luigi dlc
Captain Toad
All the HD remakes of Zelda games
DK Country

they did put so much work into Wii u games that gamers didn't play because of the platform, they can right that wrong now and get back the money they spent on the software while making the Switch an even better system to go out and buy, Win/win / win

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

The Wonderful 101- Would not be hard to flip the second screen sections to the main TV screen, you can do it in the game. The controls can already be done with analog sticks.

Xenoblade Chronicles X-Map button like most games.

Bayonetta 2-Nothing special to change.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE-Fro the texting it can be done the same way it's done in Persona 5 & Digmon Cyber Sleuth

Around the Network

Hmmm decent games worthbporting eventually are Donkey Kong TF
Fatal Frame 5
Xenoblade chronicles X
Skyward Sword HD
Actually just remake all 3d Zelda games like crash N.sane trilogy.

Nogamez said:
Hmmm decent games worthbporting eventually are Donkey Kong TF
Fatal Frame 5
Xenoblade chronicles X
Skyward Sword HD
Actually just remake all 3d Zelda games like crash N.sane trilogy.

They did an HD version of Skyward Sword?

None of them. People who bought a Wii U bought the system to play those games, those who didn't buy it should wait longer to play those games since they didn't pay the admission fee. There are already way too many Wii U ports.

The Letter
Meme Run

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

None. I own all the great Wii U games. I bought a new console, I want new games. If I wanted to play Wii U games, I'd play my Wii U.