By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil: Revelations 1 and 2 coming to Switch in late 2017

Airaku said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Rev 2 is such garbage. Still This isn't surprising. Every single Nintendo system since Gamecube has had a RE game. GC,DS,Wii,Wii U,3DS and now Switch. The real question is will Switch get a main RE game in it's lifespan? Not been one since 4.

Whaaaa? That's a first. Why do you hate Rev 2 so much?

I don't hate it. It's just badly made. Rev felt likje a arcade version of old RE and Rev 2 is like the direct to DVD sequel. Rev looked good in HD and it was a 3DS game. Rev 2 looks far more budget game. The concept it lame. The Partner system is lame. Even its fanservice with Barry is...lame. Don't hate it. Don't have strog feelings for it. Just when I played it..it was meh to terrible. Rev 1 was enjoyable for what it was. An arcade version of classic RE.

Around the Network
Airaku said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Yeah it is : D Too many old franchises to get to

I can agree with that. Metal Gear Solid is another must play imho. Very good story; don't let the Konami split ruin your enjoyment of those masterpeices.

I play 3 and really enjoyed it, I got pretty far in Peacewalker but got fucking tired of the sponge boss enemies. Other than that I have very little to no MG experience, I played some of 2 and 5. I'm so frustrated there isn't a 1-4 collection on ps4.

SegataSanshiro said:
Airaku said:

Whaaaa? That's a first. Why do you hate Rev 2 so much?

I don't hate it. It's just badly made. Rev felt likje a arcade version of old RE and Rev 2 is like the direct to DVD sequel. Rev looked good in HD and it was a 3DS game. Rev 2 looks far more budget game. The concept it lame. The Partner system is lame. Even its fanservice with Barry is...lame. Don't hate it. Don't have strog feelings for it. Just when I played it..it was meh to terrible. Rev 1 was enjoyable for what it was. An arcade version of classic RE.

Well the Revelations games are meant to be more on a budget and targeted to the hardcore fans. They take place in between in the numbered titles and often contain essential information. Revelations 2 gave us one of the greatest villains ever, but I agree with you in the sense that the fan service distracted from that. The villain was super serious and then you have Barry and the characters making jokes that are out of place. As a fan I worked quite hard to over look that. I also loved the new characters and I actually enjoyed the partner system because it required more interaction with them; but that's me personally I guess. Over all I was in love with the story, the characters, and the puzzles were fantastic. The physics were below average for a RE title though.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Airaku said:

I can agree with that. Metal Gear Solid is another must play imho. Very good story; don't let the Konami split ruin your enjoyment of those masterpeices.

I play 3 and really enjoyed it, I got pretty far in Peacewalker but got fucking tired of the sponge boss enemies. Other than that I have very little to no MG experience, I played some of 2 and 5. I'm so frustrated there isn't a 1-4 collection on ps4.

I can agree with that, Peacewalker wasn't for me at all. There is the Legacy collection on PS3 but ugh...

Honestly, the canonlogical order is this 3, PW, GZ, V, 1, 2, 4 so you're actually doing quite well in that aspect.

This is actually a nice pack at a reasonable price!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I'd rather ports of RE 1-CV. After that, Resident Evil became a new IP within the Resident cannon.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
revelations 2 was on every platform you could name except the wii u. they didnt care. hmmm i wonder why they now bring it to the switch. switch owners should not buy this game.

No we should. The first revelations was a great game, I got it on 3DS and rebought it for WiiU. I missed out on Revelations 2 because it released on platforms I don't own. I can close this hole now, if this comes to europe too. And we should uy it for Switch, to signal to Capcom that this games sell on Switch and they bring more.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Pinkie_pie said:
ResidentToxy said:

Why shouldn't Switch owner buy this game? Because it didn't release on the Wii U? Which, theoretically gives people who owned the Wii U more reason to buy Resident Evil: Revelations 1&2 because chances are they missed out on this game. It has been confirmed that all the DLC is also included.

Why shouldn't people buy it?

revelations was a nintendo exclusive sowhy didnt they release revelations 2 on the wii u or 3ds? it was even on the vita of all things. capcom gave nintendo fans the shaft so why should we support it now

We should care because now a real version is released on a platform we own. If we don't buy it because of a grudge, Capcom will not support the Switch further, but the more important reason is: I wanna play Rev2.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

The first Revelations is amazing, best game on 3DS for me. It's stupid Capcom didn't release the sequel on 3DS, I don't believe for a second that it couldn't have run on the system, since the sequel looks like crap compared to the original.

I got a Vita for Uncharted, and also got Revelations 2 on it (the only two games I have for Vita), because I felt the game should be experienced as a handheld game. Haven't played that much of it yet, only the first 'episode', but it's clear it's a pretty big step-down from the original. I agree with SegataSanshiro's analogy; it's The Lion King 2 to Revelations' The Lion King. It probably just that it had like no budget.

Lastly, why is the second game for Switch just a download voucher? With how they handled that game then and now it's really like Capcom just wants the second game to fail.

Damn, my wish has been granted, but close one.

What? Capcom actually pricing a Switch game at what could be considered a some what decent price?