By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Splatoon 2 sells 671k first week in Japan

Considering that the game launched with the console's limited supply, I have little doubt that legs will be great as well.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network
guiduc said:
Miyamotoo said:

Splatoon 2 dont need to cary Switch sales because demand for Switch is still huge regardless Splatoon, Switch is still supply constrained.

The game keeps interest high. As time passes and Switches are too difficult to acquire, people will give up. This reminds them why they wanted it in the first place.

Juding to those Japanese lines for Switch, you are wrong. :D

More serious, people buying Switch for hybrid koncept, Zelda BotW, MK8D and now Splatoon 2, you don't have anything similar on any other console, so It's much more likely that most people will buy one when availability is better. If someone wants Switch, it will buy it sooner or later.

Teeqoz said:
Shikamo said:

fix the title it's the First three days not first week.

Gematsu article:

Splatoon 2 sold 670,955 copies within its first three days of release in Japan, according to Famitsu numbers, making it both the biggest debut for a Switch title and highest selling Switch title to date. This number includes physical game copies, download cards, and Splatoon 2 Switch hardware bundles, but does not include digital sales.

In comparison, the original Splatoon for Wii U sold 156,610 units within its first four days of release, and achieved lifetime sales of 1,512,789 units.

The latest Famitsu numbers also put total Switch hardware sales in Japan at 1,205,087. That’s for an almost five-month period, from March 3 to July 23.

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/splatoon-2-sold-670955-units-within-first-three-days-japan

Are you for real? It's the launch week. There are almost no games that gets a full 7 days in its first week, but we still call it first week. This is literally how it is for every single game.

Like I said "it's a famitsu data week and not splatoon 2 first week", Because of this mediacreate, famitsu and dengeki put more information as the date of the week ex: July 17th - 23rd 2017A title with more details don't hurt nobody. ;)

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Shikamo said:
Teeqoz said:

Are you for real? It's the launch week. There are almost no games that gets a full 7 days in its first week, but we still call it first week. This is literally how it is for every single game.

Like I said "it's a famitsu data week and not splatoon 2 first week", Because of this mediacreate, famitsu and dengeki put more information as the date of the week ex: July 17th - 23rd 2017A title with more details don't hurt nobody. ;)

That is what is commonly referred to as "First week" in terms of video game sales. The title is good. If this had only been data for one or two days, and not up until the end of the week then it would have made sense to specify, but the report covers the full week. Like most games, Splatoon didn't launch at the exact beginning of the week, but that goes for nearly all games. We still just call it "first week" so I don't see the issue.

I don't know about you, but that seems very good. The best yet for the Switch, and is less than half of Splatoon 1 LT sales. Switch HW isn't the greatest due to shortages :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Not bad at all, and already doing way better than Splatoon did. It definitely has the potential to surpass the 1st, but who knows by how much...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

A x4.5 increase in first week sales is pretty insane for the second entry in a series. That's not just growth, that's an explosion.

Splatoon is going to be a monster now that it's unshackled from being exclusive to an unpopular console.

We have no idea how many people bought from the E shop... which might account for a LOT considering the type of game it is.

Japan LOVES the squid lolis, it's taking over. Damn impressive sales though.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

TheBraveGallade said:
We have no idea how many people bought from the E shop... which might account for a LOT considering the type of game it is.

I bought it from the eshop! I'm in America, but just sayin. I'm sure, especially in Japan where there would be long lines to get it, i'm guessing it probably had solid eshop sales.